• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Yeah. It's weird. On a related note, I hope Woolie gets better at the platforming. It was hard to watch him struggle at the one puzzle. I'm glad Liam's there or he wouldn't've figured it out.

Yeah, that part was a little frustrating to watch, especially when Liam had to stand up and point at the TV.

Guacamelee has some very gratifying platforming sections. You need skill in order to get past them and you feel great when you succeed.
It's fine to fail a few times at them, you learn from your mistakes. But to completely dismiss them when you first see them is not ok. Put on your big boy pants and do the damn section!

I have a feeling I'll be a little salty during this LP if this keeps up.

Alfebit

Banned
Guacamelee has some very gratifying platforming sections. You need skill in order to get past them and you feel great when you succeed.
It's fine to fail a few times at them, you learn from your mistakes. But to completely dismiss them when you first see them is not ok. Put on your big boy pants and do the damn section!

I wasn't frustrated with how many times it took him. I was frustrated that he couldn't understand what Liam meant until he had to get up and touch the TV.

Xiraiya

I am starting to think that aside from fighting games, Woolie might be
BAD AT GAMES

Yeah, DSII and that mexican game really shows that Woolie never plays much other than fighting games, it's kind of weird actually.

I just can't imagine being so obsessed with a single genre of game.

Jman014

Yeah, DSII and that mexican game really shows that Woolie never plays much other than fighting games, it's kind of weird actually.

I just can't imagine being so obsessed by a single genre of game.

I know people that just play WoW and nothing else. If you mention anything unrelated to WoW they have no idea what you're talking about.

There's no way I can stick to one game or genre.

Okingjrr

I wasn't frustrated with how many times it took him. I was frustrated that he couldn't understand what Liam meant until he had to get up and touch the TV.

I feel the same way. The fact that Liam had to get up tells me that they're both trying to get through the game as fast as possible, Woolie doesn't even seem to be thinking straight.
I understand that there's the pressure of being entertaining and playing well that fogs his mind. He has got to relax and think about the situation a bit more.

I just can't imagine being so obsessed with a single genre of game.

Well there are genre's that are very similar to fighting games, character action games like DMC share a lot of elements with fighting games like rival one-on-one fights, I-frames, combos, cancels, etc.

Xiraiya

I know people that just play WoW and nothing else. If you mention anything unrelated to WoW they have no idea what you're talking about.

That's kind of depressing, I played WoW right when it came out for like a week and it just... did nothing for me.

Archgan

I had similar problems with the same sections but that was due to learning the jumping and stuff. I was too upset this time but if he gets a third of the way through the game and still has this much trouble, I might start yelling at my screen. It shouldn't be a big deal, though because most of the hard platforming is optional.

Edit: Now excuse me as I go back to running into spikes in the treetop zone of Guacamelee.

Emouse

I worked with a guy who would only play MMOs and nothing but that, I brought up Final Fantasy once and he replied with "oh yeah I've played that FF14 online one once"

I feel kinda bad for those kinds of people who don't give anything else a chance, like broaden your horizons there's so much good stuff you're missing

There's no way I can stick to one game or genre.

I remember I was addicted to Runescape and would play nothing else.... when I was Younger.. it was a dark time. I still appreciate Runescape though. I was also addicted to a game called Mabinogi it was is a an decent MMO/DungeonCrawler made by Nexon.

I feel the same way. The fact that Liam had to get up tells me that they're both trying to get through the game as fast as possible, Woolie doesn't even seem to be thinking straight.
I understand that there's the pressure of being entertaining and playing well that fogs his mind. He has got to relax and think about the situation a bit more.
I think the Nuzlocke situation might be making Woolie too focused on getting things done too. It may have adverse effects on his playing.

I always seem to dislike when Woolie is the one playing. It's something about how he takes awhile to act. This time he seems to be trying to force himself to go fast, though, maybe it's just my imagination.

Alfebit

Banned
I had similar problems with the same sections but that was due to learning the jumping and stuff. I was too upset this time but if he gets a third of the way through the game and still has this much trouble, I might start yelling at my screen. It shouldn't be a big deal, though because most of the hard platforming is optional.

Yeah, I'm not too upset but if this turns into a regular occurrence I'll get pretty salty.

Jman014

I worked with a guy who would only play MMOs and nothing but that, I brought up Final Fantasy once and he replied with "oh yeah I've played that FF14 online one once"

I feel kinda bad for those kinds of people who don't give anything else a chance, like broaden your horizons there's so much good stuff you're missing

I remember I was addicted to Runescape and would play nothing else.... when I was Younger.. it was a dark time. I still appreciate Runescape though. I was also addicted to a game called Mabinogi it was is a an decent MMO/DungeonCrawler made by Nexon.

And when you suggest things to them they tell you things like "if I was interested in that I would have tried it already" and continue to play nothing but WoW. Oh well.

Xiraiya

Say what you will about RS, it does alot of things I wish other, better MMOs had done.

Squishy3

I played Maplestory until level 120 like 4 years before 3rd job was ever a thing. Fucking .02% XP an hour or some bullshit. Fuck that game.

Xiraiya

You mean like Quests? God, RS had the best quests.

Some of the quests are oddly clever, but I meant more like the skills, the way skills were presented and functioned in the game always felt really good and MMOs with things like fishing now just feels like crappy side stuff attached on the side of the game.

Archgan

Shit, I just spent 10 minutes getting to the second area of the treetops zone in Guacamelee just to find out I need another ability. That's why I found that one part so hard.

Jman014

Some of the quests are oddly clever, but I meant more like the skills, the way skills were presented and functioned in the game always felt really good and MMOs with things like fishing now just feels like crappy side stuff attached on the side of the game.

A guy I play WoW with loves the fishing in WoW, but it's just click on the ability button and then click on the lure when it bobs after a fish decides to pull the line. Not alot of depth to it.

A guy I play WoW with loves the fishing in Wow, but it's just click on the ability button and then click on the lure when it bobs after a fish decides to pull the line. Not alot of depth to it.
It's weird. Simplistic stuff like that seems to grab people. Animal crossing being the main example on the top of my head.

Fuck the final boss of P4, I've been stuck on this last dungeon for a like week now.

I played Maplestory until level 120 like 4 years before 3rd job was ever a thing. Fucking .02% XP an hour or some bullshit. Fuck that game.

All my friends played the shit out of that game but I played runescape like a real man
I'm just kidding that game is the worst

I'm trying to imagine the amount of salt Woolie must have at you guys calling him a bad game player.

His sense of lateral directions however are shit. I can imagine Woolie getting lost in manhattan.

It's weird. Simplistic stuff like that seems to grab people. Animal crossing being the main example on the top of my head.

WoW and the mass amount of MMOs have never sunk their claws into me. I dunno. The whole loot system never interested me. I also can't play open ended games like that without story structure. Knowing there isn't an end does not appeal to me one bit.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm trying to imagine the amount of salt Woolie must have at you guys calling him a bad game player.

His sense of lateral directions however are shit. I can imagine Woolie getting lost in manhattan.

Woolie can't read so it doesn't matter what we say.

kewlmyc

Fuck the final boss of P4, I've been stuck on this last dungeon for a like week now.

All my friends played the shit out of that game but I played runescape like a real man
I'm just kidding that game is the worst

get gud

Just grind a little more. The final dungeon and the 2nd to last dungeon are good grind spots.

I think the Nuzlocke situation might be making Woolie too focused on getting things done too. It may have adverse effects on his playing.

I don't know if that's exactly the case. Guac Gold is only about 4 hours long, but idk how much extra content the new version has. It probably won't be longer than 15-20 parts, like a normal LP

Jman014

WoW and the mass amount of MMOs have never sunk their claws into me. I dunno. The whole loot system never interested me. I also can't play open ended games like that with story structure. Knowing there isn't an end does not appeal to me one bit.
If you take out the new content for them, mmos like SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 had stories that actually ended. I stopped playing those two mmos after I finished the stories in each of them since I treated both more like singleplayer games with multiplayer elements. Was worth the prices imo.

Zenfalcia

Git gud though. It might help if you grind a bit before fighting the final boss?

He already had the salt of the Nuzlocke lp and DS2. Eventually the salt will crystallize on his dreads.
Seriously, he needs to git gud at not panicking and dodge those over heads

I can imagine him getting lost anywhere.

Xiraiya

He gets really flustered really easily and then just shuts down.

kewlmyc

I spent an entire day grinding from 75 to level 82, Ill guess I will have another grind day on Wednesday and maybe ill get to level 87

The guys in PersonaGAF have some good advice. Try having one person dedicated to buffs /debuffs and healing. Fuse better personas if you haven't already.

He gets really flustered really easily and then just shuts down.

His panic attack in the DS2 LP had me really worried for him.

I hope that people aren't going to be so mean to Woolie and stop watching because of some shit play. He can't be at 100% everyday.

I commend the guys for putting up with the YouTube collective. Sometimes,The comments are hurtful shit.

Dok did you see this yet?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907679

I kinda want Spiderman in Avengers 3. There were rumors that Ironman is going to lead a new group of superheroes in the third movie.

Bull. I wanna see receipts.

Sony's not about to give up spiderman until they milk the fuck out of that license.

The guys in PersonaGAF have some good advice. Try having one person dedicated to buffs /debuffs and healing. Fuse better personas if you haven't already.

I do that with teddy. I guess im just gonna farm more and have an absurd amount of healing items.

Xiraiya

I hope that people aren't going to be so mean to Woolie and stop watching because of some shit play. He can't be at 100% everyday.
I commend the guys for putting up with the YouTube collective. Sometimes,The comments are hurtful shit.

Him being bad at the game doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother anyone unless the person who sucks is being a shit about it, it's more entertaining when people are struggling, it's just those moments of not learning or growing that really make me be like "What the hell are you doing".

demidar

Playing video games all my life has pretty much inured me from shock and confusion.

But perseverance is the most important quality. Don't give up Woolie!
I don't watched the DS2 LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom