• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they solved the puzzle I was complaining about almost immediately within the span of a second in the new Cthulhu episode, and Pat was shockingly competent and fast at the crypt puzzle after that. I was wrong. I misjudged the guys on these puzzles. Good job.

This time.

EDIT: I spoke too soon.

I need to get gud against Lil Mac. I only win against him 1/3 of my matches against him.
tumblr_n1053nRYJ31qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

I can't believe I haven't posted in the thread even though I woke up when it was made. Just catching up on videos and holy crap I can't take watching Woolie do a LP much more. It's just too much watching him with his timid play style.

I can't believe I haven't posted in the thread even though I woke up when it was made. Just catching up on videos and holy crap I can't take watching Woolie do a LP much more. It's just too much watching him with his timid play style.
It's frustrating, but it's just over saturation at the moment. He should come into his own soon, hopefully. A 2D game should at least prevent him from bing lost somewhat.

If/when Liam hops in it'll be better too.

And most games are designed to hamper Gun Jumper Liam from setting the pace in a co-op scenario

It's frustrating, but it's just over saturation at the moment. He should come into his own soon, hopefully. A 2D game should at least prevent him from bing lost somewhat.

If/when Liam hops in it'll be better too.

It's been WAY too much of him. Nuzlocke, DS2 and this. The former two are super long too so it's been this way for a while now. It's draining.

Went back into Dark 1 for funsies. Why does it look so much better than Dark 2. Why does it feel and sound so much better? The animations have so much more weight, and even now after all my trips to Lordran I'm still having a harder time with it. Capra took me out in 4 seconds.
See. I knew I wasn't nuts when I said this last thread after rewatching the DS1 video.

It's been WAY too much of him. Nuzlocke, DS2 and this. The former two are super long too so it's been this way for a while now. It's draining.
Shitstorm is going on at least. Honestly I just want these Woolie LPs where he's not on controls. Metroid Fusion should've been Liam on controls the whole time.

Edit: Also I've been repping the Dark 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark 2 > Skyrim stance for awhile.

dhonk

I just beat Call of Cthulhu on Xbox after watching the first video. Total was around 8 hours.
I've got more thoughts on it to share, but that will have to wait for another post. I will say if any of you guys are interested in playing it then heres my checklist for maximum enjoyment.

A: Play on Boy Scout difficulty. Seriously, some of the checkpoints are bullshit and the stealth isn't good. You're here to enjoy the scares and take in the atmosphere.
B: Keep a walk through handy. Some of the puzzles are not intuitive at all, and if you get stuck its way better to just look it up. They seemed to have tried to invoke some Half Life 1 style puzzles and due to lack of polish it just doesn't work.
C: Original Xbox is the way to go, unless you want to try and make the PC version less buggy. Also as their playthrough shows, theres problems on the 360 BC version. I didn't experience any game stopping bugs. (Crashes, freezes, etc.)

Also, theres some CRAZY shit that happens that sadly we won't be able to see the Best Friends enjoy. Again, I have more thoughts on this game, and maybe I should make a thread on it...?

Shitstorm is going on at least. Honestly I just want these Woolie LPs where he's not on controls. Metroid Fusion should've been Liam on controls the whole time.

Edit: Also I've been repping the Dark 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark 2 > Skyrim stance for awhile.

One of Woolie's best is the I Have No Mouth LP because he wasn't in control

The stealth in CoC is great if you THINK about it. In this video,
they're baffled after they finally figure out that they have to wait on a conversation, and they finally sneak into the station after making the weird guy freak out. And once they do this and get inside, they close and bolt the door behind the guy. Then they're baffled when he sounds the alarm. He sounds the alarm because they bolted and closed a door he didn't close and bolt himself. Of course he gets suspicious!

I'm kinda disappointed that Cthulhu is ending tomorrow, I would love to see them play it all the way through. I hope Rule of Rose is the next game they play, when they did the first video people were clamouring for more and Pat seemed really interested in it.

Exactly. I don't mind Woolie being in LP's at all but when he's playing, it's just so frustrating. It blows my mind that Pat said the vanilla portion of DS2 is pretty much done and Woolie still plays like when he first started more or less.

Xiraiya

I'm kinda disappointed that Cthulhu is ending tomorrow, I would love to see them play it all the way through. I hope Rule of Rose is the next game they play, when they did the first video people were clamouring for more and Pat seemed really interested in it.

I'd like to see them play Vampire Bloodlines, just to see Pat freak out in the mansion.

Another one of his best was Donkey Kong where he failed miserably but literally had Matt carry him through the game. Woolie played awfully but progress was still being made because someone else was actually doing it, his lives were like 20 second sketch comedy acts that stole the scene while the main show was taking a short break. It was like the best of both worlds, the commentary was good, Woolie sucked and no one but Matt suffered

Mr.Towel

What are the chances of the podcast coming on time?
I think the exact same thing will happen like last week

I mean, the super late Monday night podcasts are nice, but Tuesday is always the regularly scheduled podcast day. Tuesday afternoon isn't exactly late.

Alfebit

Banned
I mean, the super late Monday night podcasts are nice, but Tuesday is always the regularly scheduled podcast day. Tuesday afternoon isn't exactly late.

It's been a while since they actually posted them up on Tuesday though. They've gone up late Monday night for a couple months now. I think it's safe to say Monday night is the regular schedule.

Zenfalcia

I'm expecting the same thing as last week. Not too big of a deal.

It'll just mean i'll have to figure something to do during my trip to school. #firstworldproblems

That's true, i just prefer super late night monday podcasts to listen to in the morning.

360pages

Call of Chuthlu is interesting, but so far there have been a few scares and running away from fish people with guns. I kind of wish this was full LP because I actually want to see the more interesting bits.

Also, I think I'm done writing for the day, man it's surprising how much it takes out of you.

360pages

Also, for those who are interested in Cthulhu mythos, as I recall Etrian Odyssey 3 main villains are the deep ones while the true final boss is pretty much Cthulhu himself. Though the game actually manages to make you feel bad for them considering you have to commit genocide on their race and they didn't do anything particularly evil.

dhonk

I kind of wish this was full LP because I actually want to see the more interesting bits.

Theres some really out there stuff that I wish I could see their reaction to definitely. But the sad part is that the gameplay falls off a cliff after the first third or so. So it probably wouldn't be fun to watch. It certainly isn't fun to play.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Also, for those who are interested in Cthulhu mythos, as I recall Etrian Odyssey 3 main villains are the deep ones while the true final boss is pretty much Cthulhu himself. Though the game actually manages to make you feel bad for them considering you have to commit genocide on their race and they didn't do anything particularly evil.
I never knew Cthulhu was like Godzilla!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom