• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has before...

and

3x2kZue.png

*cackles*

i knew it was PhantomGaming

Dude, if you get this to work, you're my fucking hero. I'll PM you a mediafire like of all the submissions in a zip file in a bit. (They're all labeled as people sent them in, so excuse poor labeling.)

No prob. I feel bad for the trolling.

I WAS HARD ON YOU GUYS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL

I don't what that was I listened to but Aaron just cleaned out my ear wax.

It was hauntingly beautiful.

Wil, I'm glad you kept my whispering snake eater backtracks. I love it.

I can't stop Yukking it up. It's terrible but good terrible.

Zenfalcia

That was amazing. My ears actually physically hurt. (Thanks, Aaron
<3
) Now, we gotta do it again. The hype train can't stop now.

Get me drunk and I'll probably do it.

Again? Gonna need more time for the editing.. i wouldn't mind helping if i have the time.. like during winter break or something..

Ok. Time to get you drunk.
idk when but i'll figure something out.

Top of my lungs, baby. Top of my lungs.

For the record, there's a reason I always do rap songs karaoke, because I don't sound like sin then.

I knew it. It sounds like it.

Should've sang though so we can hear your amazing singing voice.

NGE episode 7
ok so this episode seems to be a but of two things. Set up a bit of Misatos character and setting up a bit of the politics of the world with the shady ocelot phone call at the beginning of the episode which made it obvious that the whole conflict of the episode was a setup by NERV to make sure that the EVA units are the only ones fighting the Angels, or to make sure they keep their funding.

its fine Dok
i quit MMOs for a time
then Marvel Heroes and the returning in 2015 Dungeon Fighter Online pulled me back in

I've never gotten into MMOs. Good thing though. It's like the perfect game genre that eats at you and hollows you out like Dark Souls :p

I love it as well, but then you hear about Ubi (I think it was them) just shoving a bunch of people into a shittier building to do nothing and basically waiting for them to hollow out and I just feel bad. And then I go back to playing or watching vidya.

I do feel that some people are too much into gaming. At least online (which is a bad place to form your opinions around at the best of times, I know) there are so many people who act like gaming is the most important thing in the world and whenever a company or a person does something that mildly disgruntles them they act like the only thing that could be worse is if Hitler would bust through the door and gass their family.

And Dok, you go do whatever you want to do! We're not your dad! You can do what you want! Just don't leave us. ;_;

I like this community too much to leave. You're all really cool people.

I don't know what to say
I have felt my love for games dwindle as well and the last time I truly fell in love with a game was when I picked up Persona 3 for the first time. The industry is shit and a lot of the communities are absolutely toxic. It is a huge detriment to gaming as a whole but I live for the moments when you find something golden amongst the refuse.

Aside from music, Video Games are the only escape that I have. I work, I sleep, I play bass and I play video games. I don't have friends, I don't leave my house but video games have always been a thing I can take solace in.

I've sat here for over an hour now trying to think of a way to reply to you and I know there is no way to express myself properly. I'm not trying to change your mind or your opinions but there is still a lot of potential in this medium with indies on the rise, seeing things we have never seen before getting localized, and the rebirth of entire dead genres via the likes of Kickstarter.

I agree, save for a select few titles there isn't much that I am looking forward to but the start of a new generation is always rough and with this generation being the fastest selling of all time I know that we will get more gold, even if there is even more shit to dig through to find it. I can't give up on video games

Oh man I didn't mean to hit you in the feels. I'm just trying to expand my horizons and not get mired in nothing but games. It's a very easy trap to fall into.

I only want a break. I can't give it up entirely. I'm too invested.

I'm just worn of all of the console circle jerkery that irritates the hell out of me and the elitist shit gamers do or say so very often.

You've just got to stop caring about companies.

I'm going to tell you a secret: most jobs in the gaming industry are basically contractor work, whether they list them that way for tax purposes or not. Most of the people who made your favorite games probably no longer work for the companies that made them, despite those people having the will to do so, and the company continuing to exist and make games, quite possibly even games those people would have been helpful in making (and/or sequels to those games). This may be most extreme when viewed at a company like Blizzard, but it's true across most of the industry.

So, what I'm saying is: stop giving a shit about companies.

Buy a console because it is a logical value proposition, not out of some misplaced brand loyalty to the company that made the console, or the company that releases games onto that console (exclusive or otherwise). Play the games for that console that are interesting and well-regarded games, regardless of the company that made them or their apparent (superficial) pedigree based on whatever single name out of the hundreds or thousands who actually worked on the project they chose to (mis)represent the product as having a particular lineage that it almost certainly does not.

The console wars circle-jerk is of no consequence to anyone inside the actual industry. Among the people I work with, most of them have, at one time or another, worked for Microsoft in some capacity. Most of them have worked for Sony in some capacity, often including at first-party studios. Many of them have worked for Nintendo (albeit admittedly mostly back during the golden days). Hell, a lot of them have worked for Wizards of the Coast. The divisions really just don't exist within the actual industry, and no one who makes games is going to blame you for doing what makes the most sense to you as a consumer. None of us ask for "loyalty", that comes from financiers in the publishing arm.

Of course, you could also just go PC-first and play mostly indie games, maybe cool your heels on consoles entirely for a decade or so. You won't actually miss that much.

NGE episode 7
ok so this episode seems to be a but of two things. Set up a bit of Misatos character and setting up a bit of the politics of the world with the shady ocelot phone call at the beginning of the episode which made it obvious that the whole conflict of the episode was a setup by NERV to make sure that the EVA units are the only ones fighting the Angels, or to make sure they keep their funding.

I want to reply to these, but I would have to spoil so much to say anything.

Squishy3

why dont you guys sing I Reach Out for The Truth as the next song
since this is mainly PersonaGAF
we should just sing the velvet room theme, aaron would still find a way to be louder than everyone else even though the song has no lyrics

and by we i mean everyone but me

Man this just reminds me of hobby of watching pro wrestling. When I was a kid, it was the best thing in the world. Teens, it was again with the NWO and Attitude Era. It started going bad...like really bad. That's when I discovered the Indy scene and fell in love again....until that scene revealed how insane, depressing, shitty, disgusting and vile the whole world of pro wrestling is. I don't watch as much but I keep up with what I like and I prefer it that way. It's better to ease up and indulge in what you like and ignore the crap you don't like.

Big Boss salute.

Seriously, thanks. You did good.

Oh yeah, we should take the time to thank Goodwil for putting up with all out terrible voices and making my BestGAF sings idea a reality. Here's to you.
Aw, thanks. Sorry I couldn't do better. If GUMMY outdoes my terrible work, I'd be happy to see it turn out better.
Nice. Mind if I put this on the 1st post?
Lol, yeah sure. Let these other guys say if they hate that idea though.

Zenfalcia

Aw, thanks. Sorry I couldn't do better. If GUMMY outdoes my terrible work, I'd be happy to see it turn out better.

Lol, yeah sure. Let these other guys say if they hate that idea though.

How many snake eater whisper tracks did you get? I wouldn't mind recording mine just to add some more.. sound? Empahsis?

Oh man I didn't mean to hit you in the feels. I'm just trying to expand my horizons and not get mired in nothing but games. It's a very easy trap to fall into.

I know what you mean and I was just trying to describe my feelings on the subject, not try question you or your plans. I plan on travelling as well and barring some cataclysmic events I'm going to Japan sometime next year. I don't know what I truly want to do or where I belong but games are a constant factor that I can always lean on, as depressing as that probably sounds

Zenfalcia

I like how it starts out fine and then it's just downhill.

It starts off rocky.. gets good in the middle with some people singing out of sync and then kinda craps the bed..

Everyone might be alittle too loud and over powers any of the instrumentals though.. i'd love to try my hand in trying to mix it.. sincei have alittle time in reading week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom