• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I have no clue about Naruto but, is it even conceivable for it to end in a logical way? What I mean is, is there just so much going that it could end in a "I have to go now, my planet needs me." way to avoid dealing with plotlines?
I already have a pretty good idea of how it'll end and they already eliminated the main villain, all that's left is the last Naruto vs Sasuke fight and what happens after that.

JoJo94

I already have a pretty good idea of how it'll end and they already eliminated the main villain, all that's left is the last Naruto vs Sasuke fight and what happens after that.

They make out and it turns into the yaoi everyone expected it too...you know it's true...

Well as I said in my previous post Alien: Isolation isn't a true slow burn the way the movie is because it introduces stealth encounters with the other parties aboard the space station before the alien is introduced and it's not representative of the rest of the gameplay experience where you're balancing avoiding the alien and them, or just you avoiding the alien. In that regard, it should have been more like the movie. It could have still introduced the other parties via a cutscene or something, but not have had you do stealth encounters with them until the alien is also introduced. The game is a blast once everything comes together like that, though. You also get most of the full aresneal about 1/4 of the way through the game except for one specific weapon.
Oh, I'm not even talking about Isolation, since I haven't played it, but there are innumerable games that have issues when they try and stick to close to things that work in films, but not videogames.

Horror games are a big exception, and I believe your point is wholly valid, but it does really hurt a lot of games when they are built with that mindset.
They make out and it turns into the yaoi everyone expected it too...you know it's true...
JoJo, who taught you about these things? We need to protect you better.
inb4 I LEARNED IT FROM YOU! I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU.

I have no clue about Naruto but, is it even conceivable for it to end in a logical way? What I mean is, is there just so much going that it could end in a "I have to go now, my planet needs me." way to avoid dealing with plotlines?

The only logical way of ending the series is either Kill Sasuke or Naruto. But where it's at in the manga now I don't think we're going to see that. Since the new movie (Which IS Canon I think) and we see both characters alive.. unless there's a twist ending and the movie is not canon... all i'm gonna say is Get ready for Part 3 guys, When Woolie went to Japan it only made it stronger

Hey guys, did you know about the boss characters in Ultimax?
You can unlock them by beating Arcade mode on the hardest setting with said character. And you can play versus or online with them...
I'm playing with a Kanji Boss right now. He moves super slow like he's underwater, unless he does a sweep, then he flies across the screen like a bullet. And his command grabs do a full half bar of damage...
This is amazing! We've got to try a Boss character lobby guys!
One of the lobbies does allow it

Duplolas

Banned
Reminded me of someone...

DOCgfFG.jpg

Love you Pat. <3

You know you can put an image in quotes and it'll resize it.

I did not. :/

You can unlock them by beating Arcade mode on the hardest setting with said character. And you can play versus or online with them...
I'm playing with a Kanji Boss right now. He moves super slow like he's underwater, unless he does a sweep, then he flies across the screen like a bullet. And his command grabs do a full half bar of damage...

That sounds fucking ridiclous. I need to git gud so I can unlock that. It sounds a lot like USF4's omega mode.

360pages

There is a lot of stuff to wrap up, though they are also getting a movie, so there's something.

I learned it from one of my friends who talked about yaoi and yuri a lot...like a lot...a LOTTTTTTTTT
As much as I love one of those two things, people that talk about it in person really throw me off. It's like talking about sexual fetishes, you don't just do that... I dunno.
Hey guys, did you know about the boss characters in Ultimata
You can unlock them by beating Arcade mode on the hardest setting with said character. And you can play versus or online with [/SPOILER]
I saw that Boss characters were a thing, but that's awesome. I may have to go try that out.

JoJo94

As much as I love one of those two things, people that talk about it in person really throw me off. It's like talking about sexual fetishes, you don't just do that... I dunno.
I saw that Boss characters were a thing, but that's awesome. I may have to go try that out.

Yeah he kind of just had no filter for anything. He didn't care at all.

Yeah, Blazblue has a similar thing and I'm sure GG Xrd will too. Haven't gotten around to doing the arcade mode, but I'll do it eventually.

That sounds fucking ridiclous. I need to git gud so I can unlock that. It sounds a lot like USF4's omega mode.

That's exactly what it's like. I can't believe this mode was hiding right under my nose...
But geez, it's quite a chore to unlock the characters for it. Luckily, continues are allowed according to Gamfaq so getting one character shouldn't be too difficult.
Learn dem AI shortcomings, and Turn it down to 1 round matches.

Yeah, Blazblue has a similar thing and I'm sure GG Xrd will too. Haven't gotten around to doing the arcade mode, but I'll do it eventually.

I unlocked my Boss character Elizabeth and she feels the same but with a damage buff. I really wished that that they at least change some of the moveset like unlimited characters in Blazblue.

That's exactly what it's like. I can't believe this mode was hiding right under my nose...
But geez, it's quite a chore to unlock the characters for it. Luckily, continues are allowed according to Gamfaq so getting one character shouldn't be too difficult.
Learn dem AI shortcomings, and Turn it down to 1 round matches.
I really wanna have a Boss Police Dick or Narukami. I'll report back.

I unlocked my Boss character Elizabeth and she feels the same but with a damage buff. I really wished that that they at least change some of the moveset like unlimited characters in Blazblue.

Well, Kanji's got some different moves, don't know about everyone though. Did you try everymove?

I really wanna have a Boss Police Dick or Narukami. I'll report back.

Oh let me add, the AI is weak to insta kills. So set it to 1 round for arcade mode, then use your gold burst -> IK, should help you blaze through the mode.

JoJo94

Is it surprising when the game suddenly got released instead being advertised or hyped up?

I forgot about that fame until a week before it's release

The thing that gets me is that Microsoft showed it at E3 so why didn't they put even more faith in it advertising wise...unless there is something I don't know.

Okingjrr

So I got around to listening to Snake Eater, boy was that terrible, I'm so proud of us.
Jesus GUMMY, you put in what I consider one of the worst parts I sung in your version :p
Can't wait for Zen's version.

JoJo94

So I got around to listening to Snake Eater, boy was that terrible, I'm so proud of us.
Jesus GUMMY, you put in what I consider one of the worst parts I sung in your version :p

I'm still debating on showing the one person I mention this thread to in real life the best gaf sings stuff.

Xiraiya

No most of the main plot is already resolved... roughly, now it's just a long awaited final rival fight, because Sasuke is Kenny.

Okingjrr

I'm still debating on showing the one person I mention this thread to in real life the best gaf sings stuff.

I talk to 2 people about this thread, and spent a 6 hour bus ride wondering if I should listen to it with them or keep it to myself and listen to it when I got home.
Did the latter :p

I believe I looked and looked for good parts but I think yours suffered from being too close to the Mic and everything was muffled.

JoJo94

I talk to 2 people about this thread, and spent a 6 hour bus ride wondering if I should listen to it with them or keep it to myself and listen to it when I got home.
Did the latter :p

I have a few friends who like TBFP, but I mainly talk to one of them about it. So he usually gets hyped for stuff as much as I do, and he understands the gaf stories a bit...though he cringed when I told him about gaf sings...he had the right too

God I hate SHO, s
h
o much.

his teleporting?

Okingjrr

I believe I looked and looked for good parts but I think yours suffered from being too close to the Mic and everything was muffled.

Yea, my mic was terrible. But it's fine, your version is pretty good.

I have a few friends who like TBFP, but I mainly talk to one of them about it. So he usually gets hyped for stuff as much as I do, and he understands the gaf stories a bit...though he cringed when I told him about gaf sings...he had the right too
I hope he did!
I haven't even linked my friends any TBF videos save for the Godzilla review and they didn't like that one. I have to give them a proper video to discover the magic. That snake eater cover tho...

Okingjrr

I'm not even sure if my singing is in...I didn't sing the whole thing though. I still enjoy all the versions for different reasons.

You guys need to git gud...mics...jk

I figured my headset mic was decent enough since I don't use it that often. But I realized that the cable got damaged over the years and so did the audio quality, so yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom