• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ds1 update:

Fuck you Sen and fuck your shitty fortress. I hate those shitty mimics!
Learn to pay attetion, and git gud.

Sens Fortress is my favorite level in the Souls Series.
NGE episode 15
wow that ending, i thought Adam was a tiny little fossil in a box that last minute just brought up so many more questions, i thought this episode was just going to be a character development episode which most of it was. With Shinji and Gendo actually talking and Misatos daddy issues. Also i was super/ sure that Asuka was just gonna blue ball Shinji but i was mistaken
Shit is about to get real.

Please continue.

Man I will be able to consistantly do Yukari's 5AAA 214A bnb one day and you will all be owned by my m4d skillz online.

In the meanwhile, anyone down for ultimax?

I'm in.
You guys want to do those crazy boss battles, or normal?

Oh man, I still hate it every replay. I actually prefer Blighttown.
]

The tar pit area the bottom always seems to steal a life from me, or 5, but I adore Sen's Fortress. Not only do I just really love playing it, I love that it's just a straight up
rape
dungeon.
No pretenses, this thing was designed completely around just fuckin people up.

MBQOex8.png

I was weak, brothers.

I was going to buy that and Jagged Alliance 2 Gold but then I didn't do my math correctly and I had to choose between the two.

I went with Jagged Alliance 2 Gold, even though I think I made the right choice I keep lovingly staring at the Naruto game that I've been wanting for awhile just sitting there for so cheap.

Hopefully it will go on sale again. T_T

I get the dungeon with traps thing, but fuck those swinging pendulum axes. Depth perception tests are shit.
No, but you can do it.

At least Sens is fun. Blighttown is either really boring, or very short. No other way around.

Mimics are super easy to spot tho

NGE episode 15
wow that ending, i thought Adam was a tiny little fossil in a box that last minute just brought up so many more questions, i thought this episode was just going to be a character development episode which most of it was. With Shinji and Gendo actually talking and Misatos daddy issues. Also i was super/ sure that Asuka was just gonna blue ball Shinji but i was mistaken

tumblr_me785fGg6u1qgjybho1_500.gif

Rutti

I get the dungeon with traps thing, but fuck those swinging pendulum axes. Depth perception tests are shit.

I like them both nowdays. I have been hit by those axes like once after going through the place several times. They are super easy as long as you get the range units out of the way.

No, but you can do it.

At least Sens is fun. Blighttown is either really boring, or very short. No other way around.
Yeah, but I don't really mind it. Sen's I tend to fuck up, especially on my run where I tried to go for no deaths.
I like them both nowdays. I have been hit by those axes like once after going through the place several times. They are super easy as long as you get the range units out of the way.
I walk right the fuck into them, which is... my fault. Still sucks though. I'm not a fan of a 2D platformer section in 3D on a tiny ledge.

It does still scare me, so it does do it's job.

NGE episode 16
man the one time Shinji tries to be a man and he almost dies. Man what the fuck even is an Eva. I dunno and this episode sure didnt help answer that question. Also brought up questions about Shinjis mom and what happened to Gendo apparently he killed her what? The whole inner persona monologue was interesting and i liked it. Also Asuka is still annoying but i can at least stand her now that shes not being focused on as much as in episodes 8-10.

Yeah, but I don't really mind it. Sen's I tend to fuck up, especially on my run where I tried to go for no deaths.
I too got shit depth perception, and that shit got me killed constantly. I just kept going.

The only place that trips me up is the
Chasm of the Abyss, and that mother fucking dark orb shooting mother fucking mother fucker
, but that's it, and on a deathless run, I don't do DLC.

now that shes not being focused on as much as in episodes 8-10.[/spoiler]

Yeah, they really focus on her in those episodes, my guess would be to make up for her not being there the whole time and to establish her character, but it can be kind of annoying since it's all in a row and if you don't like her you're stuck with it.

Any other changes? To either?
I just got boss Yukiko... there's some changes. She throws triple the fans now, and she's always in full power fire mode, which means all of her fire attacks are unblockable.

It's one sick frickin LP, that's for sure. If they put up a vote for full LPs of the shitstorm games, this one would have mine so far.
Though save for the bugs, I'd much prefer CoC if I was going to play them myself. That game looked fun as hell.

Call of Cthulhu:DCoTE is one of the greatest games of all time, and probably one of my favorite survival horror games. I played through it originally on the Xbox version, bought the PC version on steam without thinking when it was on sale for super cheap(can't even get past the first level), and I hope they do a full playthrough of it just because I want to see Pat's reactions to
The Shoggoth, Flying Polyps, Father Dagon and Mother Hydra, and the Devil's Reef levels.

Xiraiya

Ds1 update:
Fuck you Sen and fuck your shitty fortress. I hate those shitty mimics!

My biggest issue with Sen's Fortress is that one room with two Titanite Demons that are way stronger than the others you encounter, killing one without getting picked off by the other can be problematic, but overall I didn't have a problem with the Fortress.

Blighttown was more of a hassle in my opinion with those damn dart blowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom