• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
NGE episode 19
just...just...what even?i dont...why does unit 01 have a fucking angel core? Why is it a monster now i dont even know whats going on anymore....like they say no one is forcing Shinji to pilot the Eva but it feels like the whole universe is forcing him into that god damn cockpit. Also props to Shinji for having a legit badass moment but for it to be kinda underplayed by unit 01 turning into a god damn wolf or something. Also why is kaji just casually watering his melons and just casually telling shinji about Adam, he doesnt even know what adam is so why tell him just FUUUUUUUUCK

image.php
Keep going!

NGE episode 19
just...just...what even?i dont...why does unit 01 have a fucking angel core? Why is it a monster now i dont even know whats going on anymore....like they say no one is forcing Shinji to pilot the Eva but it feels like the whole universe is forcing him into that god damn cockpit. Also props to Shinji for having a legit badass moment but for it to be kinda underplayed by unit 01 turning into a god damn wolf or something. Also why is kaji just casually watering his melons and just casually telling shinji about Adam, he doesnt even know what adam is so why tell him just FUUUUUUUUCK

Someone has to water those melons.

Actual EVA spoilers don't read dreamcast:
Episode 24 is by far the best episode.

Zenfalcia

Are you doing them phrase by phrase!?

You are a god among men.

I am..
HOLY CRAP SO EVERYONE IS SO OUT OF SYNC IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I've been forced to be creative and extend some of the verses.. SINCE EVERYONE CUTS IT OF SO SHORT. LIKE IT MAKES IT SOUND TERRIBLE.

So, frienders, please enjoy it when i'm done..
;_;

Zenfalcia

Seriously though, I was doing the best I could mixing like... every third phrase or something. Your patience must be fucking insane. Good luck.

SnakeSalute.jpg

I do feel your pain.. Which might be the reason why Gummy did his version with everyone having a turn to sing rather than syncing everyone up.

Surprisingly I've been having fun..
It hurts so good.
It hasn't been that bad... At this point I've memorized the song by listening to it on loop.

Next time we need like a karaoke version or something... Just to get everyone in time somewhat..

I do feel your pain.. Which might be the reason why Gummy did his version with everyone having a turn to sing rather than syncing everyone up.

It hurts so good.
It hasn't been that bad... At this point I've memorized the song by listening to it on loop.

I had already looped Snake Eater from back when I played the game. It honestly isn't that bad to listen to on repeat, and nobody's voice is too bad, so I never minded syncing.

It's not bad to sync it up, but it's super time consuming.

It hurts so good.

Next time we need like a karaoke version or something... Just to get everyone in time somewhat..

Yeah timing was a biiiiiiig issue

360pages

You know what...

Fuck it, what I write for National Writing Month will be the first thing I publish, or at least get edited. I'll probably let some people look over it and edit it of course, but I should at least get something created.

Zenfalcia

I had already looped Snake Eater from back when I played the game. It honestly isn't that bad to listen to on repeat, and nobody's voice is too bad, so I never minded syncing.

It's not bad to sync it up, but it's super time consuming.

I'm glad it's a song I like. Mmm.. Some people did more talking than singing. I'll just leave it at that.

It took me 1 hour to sync up a super out of sync track and 20-ish minutes for a good track that was already synced..

Yeah timing was a biiiiiiig issue

Some people ended words too early or even said the wrong word. The worst is they sang the song too fast and everything cut off way too early.

I think most people sung with it in the background and their software or mics must've fucked it up. Except that one person
who may or may not be here atm.
Not naming names, but he must've ad libbed it.
I'm glad it's a song I like. Mmm.. Some people did more talking than singing. I'll just leave it at that.

It took me 1 hour to sync up a super out of sync track and 20-ish minutes for a good track that was already synced..

That's like my times multiplied by 1.5-2.5. Sounds about right.

Zenfalcia

I think most people sung with it in the background and their software or mics must've fucked it up. Except that one person
who may or may not be here atm.
Not naming names, but he must've ad libbed it.

Mics were a slight issue. Some spiked really made the sound wave become a giant block.

Ad libbing or also just read off the lyrics instead of using a video to follow.

That's like my times multiplied by 2.5. Sounds about right.

I'm making sure everyone's words sync up and removing all the excess breathing and noise. I also put care in making sure everyone could be heard and not over powered by other people.

I'm making sure everyone's words sync up and removing all the excess breathing and noise. I also put care in making sure everyone could be heard and not over powered by other people.
Balancing volume was fuckin' hard. I did the best I could but some people maxed it out; some people were quiet and had static noise that made amplifying sound awful.
What are you all dressing up as this Halloween?

A sad, lonely nerd. I have a streak of this costume going now.
I answered this same thing last time it was asked :p

I forgot to mention I would be going as Freddy Krueger.

Why Aaron :( ?

No he's not giving you the middle finger. He's just going as stone cold lol

And I'm dressing up as a waiter...to work for 11 hours straight. Though if I had my choice I'd be a skeleton wearing a new world order shirt with a bandana and sunglasses.

NGE episode 20
wow did the budget just die, but i fucking loved this episode. I love inner soul searching with these kind of visuals like seriously its so great. So now shinji sees Gendo as his enemy? Along with the angels??? And it felt like Unit 01s weird eye was staring at me the whole time It was on screen, and i cant even begin to understand what happened to Shinji. Also the ending? Was he trying to stick a pill in her pooper? And what is that pill, like he said it was a present and may be the last one??? Confusion all around. Also find it interesting that Misato called Shinji "my Shinji" when she was begging for him to come back.

Zenfalcia

I'll be hiding at home or doing a dumb party thing in a possibly lewd outfit. I'll see how much balls I got and time..

Balancing volume was fuckin' hard. I did the best I could but some people maxed it out; some people were quiet and had static noise that made amplifying sound awful.

I haven't gotten to anything too terrible where volumes were all over the place. Maybe later in other recordings. What software did you use?

Forgive me, I'll finish this first episode of Fate/Zero tomorrow.
Had a friend text me for a solid hour there.

If I could actually choose who I go as for Halloween? I'd do this. (Decided to link instead of embed)
Fuck sexy halloween costumes, but also they're the best. Fuck em though.
I'll be hiding at home or doing a dumb party thing in a possibly lewd outfit. I'll see how much balls I got and time..

I haven't gotten to anything too terrible where volumes were all over the place. Maybe later in other recordings. What software did you use?
Lol, what?

And just Audacity. It crashed a couple times, but it's pretty rad.

As far as plans, I'm going to go to a bar. Going to work out a bunch of wrestling themed dance moves. Might convince my Scout Regiment dressed friend to let me perform a stunner on him.

Zenfalcia

If I could actually choose who I go as for Halloween? I'd do this. (Decided to link instead of embed)

Fuck sexy halloween costumes, but also they're the best. Fuck em though.

Lol, what?

And just Audacity. It crashed a couple times, but it's pretty rad.

They are great in a terrible way. They should never and always exist..

I plan to do a shameless outfit. I.. kinda don't want to talk about it.. It's so shameful.

Same. Audacity is great and also crashed on me a few times too.. Luckily I didn't lose anything.

He's also really good against S.Lab. His command grabs make Asterius disappear and his fight physical damage can break Asterius in one hit.

I don't know about that, Lab players in the old game at least gave me a pretty good run for my money.

I haven't been in enough Ultimax games yet to make too many comments about match ups yet though.
Liz be beasting on Kanji's all day long though, that's for sure.

I don't know about that, Lab players in the old game at least gave me a pretty good run for my money.

I haven't been in enough Ultimax games yet to make too many comments about match ups yet though.
Liz be beasting on Kanji's all day long though, that's for sure.

Huh, maybe its just skill then. I've gotten rocked by Kanji's, but seemed to handle the more nimble characters just fine.

I was going to dress as the one of the Hunters (At least I think that's what they're being called) from Bloodborne and go to a party thing Halloween night.

But that all came to a halt once I realized leather trench-coats are expensive as hell...

Now I gotta think of a new thing. I'll probably just grab some random crap from a Halloween/Party store this week and put some stupid-cool thing together. :p

Zenfalcia

But that all came to a halt once I realized leather trench-coats are expensive as hell...

Now I gotta think of a new thing. I'll probably just grab some random crap from a Halloween/Party store this week and put some stupid-cool thing together. :p

Go as a sports fan. It's the easiest thing ever. Or something even easier is a business man aka Paul from marketing.

Also, how did you get mp4a's to work in audacity? It keeps failing to import it.

NGE 21
ok this episode was spoiled for me when i watch demo d+s Eva videos so the whole thing about Ritsukos mom kind of lost its impact. However the stuff at the end with Misato and Kaji was pretty sad and im curious to see what happend to Kaji and to see what Rei really is cause she seems to be related to Shinjis mom in some way and what the hell is SEELE any way and what do they want? I mean i know they want to make another god, whatever that means, but why, and for what purpose?

Huh, maybe its just skill then. I've gotten rocked by Kanji's, but seemed to handle the more nimble characters just fine.

Kanji's one of those characters where you have to learn the match up regardless of who's favor it's in, or you're just going to get destroyed by their different way of doing things. Same with S.Lab, for that matter.

BTW, I've been tooling around with unlocking boss characters. Some of these were really phoned in compared to others.
I just tooled around with Adachi for 3 vs rounds before I figured out what was different: he has a lot of health. That's it, it seems.

So far, the most interesting boss characters I've run across are Kanji, Yukiko, Yukari, Mitsuru, and Akihiko. Liz too, I guess, but she still seems completely broken.

I was going to dress as the one of the Hunters (At least I think that's what they're being called) from Bloodborne and go to a party thing Halloween night.

Yo that would've been sick.
Also, how did you get mp4a's to work in audacity? It keeps failing to import it.
If you can't install the FFmpeg codecs, just convert it to a different audio format.
If you don't have a program for that, use zamzar.com. They always were a good site back when my old, old computer was super shit.

Shackzam

Kanji's one of those characters where you have to learn the match up or you're just going to get destroyed by their different way of doing things. Same with S.Lab, for that matter.

BTW, I've been tooling around with unlocking boss characters. Some of these were really phoned in compared to others.
I just tooled around with Adachi for 3 vs rounds before I figured out what was different: he has a lot of health. That's it, it seems.

So far, the most interesting boss characters I've run across are Kanji, Yukiko, Yukari, Mitsuru, and Akihiko. Liz too, I guess, but she still seems completely broken.
What does akihiko do?

NGE episode 22
ok so now i feel pretty bad for saying how much i hated Asuka i mean i get her character, her mom didnt give a shit about her and she is desperate to be noticed and be seen for what she does. Also doesnt help that she was just mind raped so yeah I feel like a pretty big asshole.
Question wheres this Karou guy that I see so much of cause he likes shinji in a homosexual way. Theres only 2 episodes and a movie left and hes no where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom