• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

If you can't install the FFmpeg codecs, just convert it to a different audio format.
If you don't have a program for that, use zamzar.com. They always were a good site back when my old, old computer was super shit.

Ahh, I need some codec? I don't really know how to get it or even install it.. That's what I did. I used a converter I have and converted it to mp3.

Mmm.. It's starting to sound better the more people I add.. Which is nice.. Still have a few words that refuse to sync up without butchering audio.

NGE episode 22
ok so now i feel pretty bad for saying how much i hated Asuka i mean i get her character, her mom didnt give a shit about her and she is desperate to be noticed and be seen for what she does. Also doesnt help that she was just mind raped so yeah I feel like a pretty big asshole.
Question wheres this Karou guy that I see so much of cause he likes shinji in a homosexual way. Theres only 2 episodes and a movie left and hes no where

Don't worry about it. Just keep watching. Everything will (not) make sense in the end.

BAYO 2 WITH THE TENS

It's kicking butt and taking names. Doing just a bit better than I expected, where it'd be 8s and 9s.

Really cool to see this.
Ahh, I need some codec? I don't really know how to get it or even install it.. That's what I did. I used a converter I have and converted it to mp3.

Mmm.. It's starting to sound better the more people I add.. Which is nice.. Still have a few words that refuse to sync up without butchering audio.

Alright, cool, and that's surprising. Neat though. I'm excited to hear your version.
Do you guys ever have that one thing that you can't shut the fuck up about, because you're so goddamn excited and happy about it that you feel like a little kid again just when you babble on and on about it?

Like for example I won't shut up about Kamen Rider.

We're on a videogame forum, in a thread about our favorite LP channel, where most of us freak out over the same things.

So yes. :p

BossRush

Do you guys ever have that one thing that you can't shut the fuck up about, because you're so goddamn excited and happy about it that you feel like a little kid again just when you babble on and on about it?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

All the time

NGE episode 22
ok so now i feel pretty bad for saying how much i hated Asuka i mean i get her character, her mom didnt give a shit about her and she is desperate to be noticed and be seen for what she does. Also doesnt help that she was just mind raped so yeah I feel like a pretty big asshole.
Question wheres this Karou guy that I see so much of cause he likes shinji in a homosexual way. Theres only 2 episodes and a movie left and hes no where

Aww yiss. Fuckin paydirt

Kaworu is a cool guy that doesn't afraid of no prejudice

Shackzam

I wouldn't shut the fuck up about marvel 3 when it was releasing. You could just see the marvel minion fart gas fuming off of me.

I also plan to stay up all night to finish this..
I hope i don't die.
2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg
And then polygon happened.

Polygon 7.5
TLDR version:

To be fair, my female friend actually loved Metal Gear Rising but hates Bayo 1 for that same reason. I honestly don't have a rebuttal for that complaint for her. It's not like Bayo is actually attractive, but I can't really rebuff her accusations.

Obviously that's a stupid thing to put on a game review. It only off-puts individuals, doesn't hurt the game. Certainly not worth 2.5/10.

I hate the entire stance against sexualization in games, like I get it's not for everyone and everything, but to say that it's a hurdle to enjoy a game is fucking ridiculous.

It's like getting punished for its ESRB rating. We know the female form figures prominently in the game, why berate it for it? If it was a ryona fetish game, then you'd have something worth talking about

To be fair, my female friend actually loved Metal Gear Rising but hates Bayo 1 for that same reason.

I honestly don't have a rebuttal for that complaint. It's not like Bayo is actually attractive, but I can't really rebuff her accusations.

Obviously that's a stupid thing to put on a game review. Certainly not worth 2.5/10.

I get that it's a hot topic in the games industry right now, but Bayonetta has a very deliberate burlesque/bdsm aesthetic to it. You've got to cut the game some slack.

Sure, sexy women in bikini-armor will always be silly, but so is the typical Sargeant Dudebro McBuzzcut you see in modern shooters. At this point the vilification of anything remotely sexual has gotten to the point where it's doing just as much damage as the sexualisation of everything.

I get that it's a hot topic in the games industry right now, but Bayonetta has a very deliberate burlesque/bdsm aesthetic to it. You've got to cut the game some slack.

Sure, sexy women in bikini-armor will always be silly, but so is the typical Sargeant Dudebro McBuzzcut you see in modern shooters. At this point the vilification of anything remotely sexual has gotten to the point where it's doing just as much damage as the sexualisation of everything.
I think it's just individuals that I'm talking about. I mean I could never want Bayonetta to be anything but what it is, I just find it disheartening when people dismiss my opinion of how good of a game it is, due to the sexualization aspect.
You don't go into Rapelay and say "There's too much rape in this game."
I guess it is a big part of the game. Maybe I should just enjoy it myself and stop trying to talk about it. I've even had people tell me "Wow that plays great, but I'll never want this on my gamercard" (talking about 360 Bayo 1).
Aaaand Im banned from polygon.

That was waaay too quick, I signed up literally a min ago.
Lol. That review is probably putting them on full-on crackdown mode.

I guess it is a big part of the game. Maybe I should just enjoy it myself and stop trying to talk about it. I've even had people tell me "Wow that plays great, but I'll never want this on my gamercard" (talking about 360 Bayo 1).

I had that argument with a friend about Dragon's Crown and we're no longer friends because he doesn't want to associate with someone who would defend the fanservices.

We were not very close.

I had that argument with a friend about Dragon's Crown and we're no longer friends because he doesn't want to associate with someone who would defend the fanservices.

We were not very close.
It's my best friend more or less. So it's kinda weird. Especially since she adored Metal Gear Rising in every way when I decided she might like it. I watched her play it and fall in love with the game.

I got her into Monster Hunter though, so everything is a-ok.
They deleted it already.

I said
Scandal.

I think it's just individuals that I'm talking about. I mean I could never want Bayonetta to be anything but what it is, I just find it disheartening when people dismiss my opinion of how good of a game it is, due to the sexualization aspect.

Oh I was just talking in a more general sense, mostly in reaction to that Polygon article.
I can understand why people would be turned off by Bayo because of the over the top hyper... well... everything really (including the sexy), which is too bad because Bayonetta is one of the strongest female characters in videogames.

Oh I was just talking in a more general sense, mostly in reaction to that Polygon article.
I can understand why people would be turned off by Bayo because of the over the top hyper... well... everything really (including the sexy), which is too bad because Bayonetta is one of the strongest female characters in videogames.

How can she be strong if she's a woman with girly parts? Sexist POS.

joe2187

Banned
Even my mom has played and loved Bayonetta, and she hates video games. The only Games she's enjoyed is oddly Vigalante 8 on N64 and bayonetta.

I still dont understand why she enjoyed Vigalante 8 so much.

Review threads kinda suck. There is so much hyperbole and shit slinging on both sides, and at the same time my cynical ass can't take either parties seriously, and im stuck thinking everyone has a confirmation bias they are working towards regardless of positive or negative opinion. Its all just vapid.

I just wanna play the damn game already, so hyped.

Review threads kinda suck. There is so much hyperbole and shit slinging on both sides, and at the same time my cynical ass can't take either parties seriously, and im stuck thinking everyone has a confirmation bias they are working towards regardless of positive or negative opinion. Its all just vapid.

I just wanna play the damn game already, so hyped.

Just do it man! No review in the world can ultimately dictate your enjoyment of the game. I just look at reviews of people I share opinions/interests with to see if they might push me over the edge on games I'm not sure I'd like. I watch Total Biscuit's stuff because he focuses on pc games and likes the things I like. He's terrible at platformers and doesn't really like them as a result, so I'll just go to someone else for those.

Zenfalcia

Update: Aw yeah. I figured out how to extend people's phrases to match the song.

Who actually looks forward to a heavily edited snake eater? Out of curiosity.

Alfebit

Banned
The graphics alone are enough to disqualify it from GOTY discussions

I don't know, It's got an incredibly intricate plot and the most well written characters I've ever seen in any medium. That on top of levels of gameplay even Platinum can't reach makes it my GOTY.

lol

Alfebit

Banned
You'll understand when you watch EoE.

Edit: How picky is everyone about whether or not everyone is quietly singing at the start of snake eater and then getting louder near the end? I can put the effort to make it follow the song exactly.

Sounds fine, up to you really.

Episode 26
i remember now, this was the only episode of Eva i ever saw as a babby dreamcast. God this episode hit a bit too close to home uh...im gonna watch EoE tommorow but uh...i think im gonna look at some other stuff that doesnt make me question my existance then go to bed ill give my thoughts on the movie and the series as a whole once i watch it....god i need some candy right now...

Zenfalcia

Episode 26
i remember now, this was the only episode of Eva i ever saw as a babby dreamcast. God this episode hit a bit too close to home uh...im gonna watch EoE tommorow but uh...i think im gonna look at some other stuff that doesnt make me question my existance then go to bed ill give my thoughts on the movie and the series as a whole once i watch it....god i need some candy right now...

It's ok. We're here for you. Maybe some eye candy? ;)

Episode 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxtfFdabQkE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom