• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I do, can't wait.

I hope it lives up to a certain expectation... ;_; It would be sad if no one likes it..

Note in the future for any future BestGAF sings:
PLEASE RECORD THE WHOLE SONG. IT'S A GODDAMN PAIN TO SYNC UP YOUR OLD AUDIO BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL SINGER STRESSES ON SOME WORDS MORE AND JUST F*CKS EVERYTHING UP.

Edit: Umm.. So, how is everyone this fine evening?

Zenfalcia

I just beat Armored Armadillo, so I have the Boomerang thing, the elephant, the chameleon and the octopus left.

What's gotten your interest the most?

It'll be fiiine.

At school trying to stay awake.

If you've listened to these clips.. You might not think so..
But with some editing magic i'm making them sound better. They are pretty awful on their own.

Sounds fun. That's why you're here right? To stay awake.

Okingjrr

What's gotten your interest the most?

If you've listened to these clips.. You might not think so..
But with some editing magic i'm making them sound better. They are pretty awful on their own.

Sounds fun. That's why you're here right? To stay awake.
You don't have to tell me they're awful :p
Yea I pop in when I can to keep myself from falling asleep in class.
Haven't slept much this weekend and I can feel it.

Zenfalcia

Dashing. It's the fucking best thing ever.

You got gud with dashing?

You don't have to tell me they're awful :p
Yea I pop in when I can to keep myself from falling asleep in class.
Haven't slept much this weekend and I can feel it.

I am losing my mind a little at how much I have to do just to get this to work. The lack of sleep doesn't help either.. I don't think i'll be able to finish it this soon.. Might crash on my bed and have nightmares of guys singing snake eater.

No coffee or tea to keep you awake?

Zenfalcia

I'm dish-dashing all over the place. The controls are so tight I feel no problem just dashing off a ledge without even thinking.

That sounds nice. I should probably try it when I have time or something.

Update: I got 8 tracks synced up now. No snake eater whispering yet. I'm tempted to try to make it to 11 for today.. But i'm dead tired.. Might power through a few more before I crash.

Those Bayo 2 reviews

104946-dayum-dayum-dayum-gif-Imgur-da-ROVb.gif

I'm probably going to buy the Korra game first.

croten

I think it's just individuals that I'm talking about. I mean I could never want Bayonetta to be anything but what it is, I just find it disheartening when people dismiss my opinion of how good of a game it is, due to the sexualization aspect.

I guess it is a big part of the game. Maybe I should just enjoy it myself and stop trying to talk about it. I've even had people tell me "Wow that plays great, but I'll never want this on my gamercard" (talking about 360 Bayo 1).

Lol. That review is probably putting them on full-on crackdown mode.

I have a friend who I was talking about Bayonetta to and she didn't like the sound of it, when I showed her what the actual character was like she just said that bayo was her kind of woman.

Okingjrr

You got gud with dashing?

I am losing my mind a little at how much I have to do just to get this to work. The lack of sleep doesn't help either.. I don't think i'll be able to finish it this soon.. Might crash on my bed and have nightmares of guys singing snake eater.

No coffee or tea to keep you awake?

They don't affect me that much, when I'm tired, I'm tired.

Don't push yourself too hard, get some sleep.

Zenfalcia

They don't affect me that much, when I'm tired, I'm tired.

Don't push yourself too hard, get some sleep.

Ic Ic.

Yeah.. Just finishing one more track.. Then i'll be done for now.. It might take me 2 more days to finish this... Unless i pull an all nighter.. Which i probably will due to other reasons..

Sounds cool. Mind if I ask what you do?

IT (internship). Have to figure this new software the company wants to use and how to implement it, make a plan for a test configuration and eventually implement it if they like it.

My company uses Remote Desktop Solutions almost exclusively so finding useful backup software is either overly complicated or overly expensive. Hard to find something that just does what you want it to do while also providing offsite backup/failover capabilities, while still being affordable for a small company.

Zenfalcia

IT (internship). Have to figure this new software the company wants to use and how to implement it, make a plan for a test configuration and eventually implement it if they like it.

My company uses Remote Desktop Solutions almost exclusively so finding useful backup software is either overly complicated or overly expensive. Hard to find something that just does what you want it to do while also providing offsite backup/failover capabilities, while still being affordable for a small company.

Interesting.

Well, Audacity crashed.. and i'm going to crash too. Good "night"/morning all.

It's nice to see Bayonetta 2 getting critical praise. The first game got critical praise too and Platinum is fucking Platinum, so is it really a shock? But I'll be buying Korra first
because no WiiU.

zedreamcast, welcome to the EVA support group.

Now, whether or not you like/dislike E of E will decide what house you end up in, like in Harry Potter.

Fuck yeah it is! (I assume you know about jumping while holding the dash button making you go way farther, even on walls.)

They add Air Dashes in X2 and onwards. I personally dislike what that did to the level design.

I knew about regular dash jumps then learned about dash wall jumps after looking up how to get one of the heart containers.

That sounds awesome, but I can totally see how that would mess stuff up.

Oh, and I beat all the robut masters, got the subtanks and hearts, I'm sitting at the Sigma stage and am prolly gonna do it tomorrow.

demidar

Fuck yeah it is! (I assume you know about jumping while holding the dash button making you go way farther, even on walls.)

They add Air Dashes in X2 and onwards. I personally dislike what that did to the level design.

Air dashes is the most anime thing ever.

I knew about regular dash jumps then learned about dash wall jumps after looking up how to get one of the heart containers.

Oh, and I beat all the robut masters, got the subtanks and hearts, I'm sitting at the Sigma stage and am prolly gonna do it tomorrow.

Dat Godly Sigma level run music.

What's your favorite stage song thus far?

Sick. You gonna get the
Hadoken
for funsies? I also second Dok's question.

Air dashes is the most anime thing ever.
At least he's a future-robot-man, that makes it somewhat believable.

Wait, what Hadouken?

He's a FIGHTING ROBUT!
Man, I totally watched that as a kid. I dunno how either, I can't find evidence it aired in America during those years.

And if you're not joking,
you get 9 lives and have full sub tanks and kill yourself in a certain spot of Armored Armadillo's stage in order to have Dr.Light grant you the street fighter hadoken when you're at full health.
it can't be saved, so you have to to get it again if you power off your game.

If you are, then... Hehe.

You saying robots can't hadouken? Racist.
Do you actually not know that MMX has a hadouken?

I DIDNT!

Man, I totally watched that as a kid. I dunno how either, I can't find evidence it aired in America during those years.

And if you're not joking,
you get 9 lives and have full sub tanks and kill yourself in a certain spot of Armored Armadillo's stage in order to have Dr.Light grant you the street fighter hadoken when you're at full health.
it can't be saved, so you have to to get it again if you power off your game.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

I DIDNT!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
It requires you to have every upgrade and full sub tanks. So actually I think Aaron would maybe have to play the first Sigma stage first to get it, depending on if he got one upgrade.

If you wanna try that out Dok, you can load up a password file with all the upgrades, farm up your sub tanks to full, and farm the bubble bat early on in Armadillo's stage to get enough lives. If you want an indepth guide, just look up Mega Man X hadoken.

X2 has
a Shoryuken.
edit: Beaten.

Dok pls.
There's also a shoryuken in MMX2. Don't remember if MMX3 had anything.

I really didn't know about the Hadouken. I never got it, nor did I know that it was an Easter egg in the game. I played X when I was 6-7 and haven't touched any other X game.

Which MegaMan is that on the far left? I saw X, OG, Battle Network, and Legends, but don't recognize the last one.

For awhile my favorite was Spark Mandrill, but I think Storm Eagle is probably my favorite. It's just so perfect for the level and feeling of playing it.

Honorable mention to Armored Armadillo for giving that feeling of "FUCKING GO!" off the bat. It's also probably my favorite stage from a gameplay standpoint.

I fucking love this game and am both happy that I'm experiencing it now and upset that I didn't play it sooner.

demidar

Which MegaMan is that on the far left? I saw X, OG, Battle Network, and Legends, but don't recognize the last one.

The one on the far left is Battle Network. You're probably missing ZX?

Edit: No wait, you're missing Star Force, second on the right. It goes (from left to right) Battle Network, X, OG, Star Force, Legends.

All this MMX talk is reminding me that I still haven't played the rest of the games. Pretty sure I have the MMX collection somewhere in my house. I need to get on that.

For awhile my favorite was Spark Mandrill, but I think Storm Eagle is probably my favorite. It's just so perfect for the level and feeling of playing it.

Honorable mention to Armored Armadillo for giving that feeling of "FUCKING GO!" off the bat. It's also probably my favorite stage from a gameplay standpoint.

I fucking love this game and am both happy that I'm experiencing it now and upset that I didn't play it sooner.

Storm Eagle I think is the general consensus among X fans. That electric guitar in 16 bit is so damn good!

Hearing you talk about X and hearing that DKC 1, along with DKC 2 and 3 are being released on the Wii U store have me interested in getting a eShop card and splurging... the temptations are rising.

The one on the far left is Battle Network. You're probably missing ZX?

Edit: No wait, you're missing Star Force, second on the right. It goes (from left to right) Battle Network, X, OG, Star Force, Legends.

Ok I got Battle Network and Star Force confused then.

Wait, Star Force? I never heard of that Mega Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom