• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Well, you can, but you can also play as X. I think you're talking about the Zero series. The Zero series is good.

I honestly lost track.

But but but but playing as Zero sounds like the hypest!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FBL86Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ZeroX6.gif

JUST Go for it!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The fact that the MMBN series doesn't have a collection yet is a crime. A crime I say!

Also, I'm really tempted to pick up the Classic and Zero collection.

The only Mega Man games I got into were Classic, X, Zero, and ZX/ZX Advent. The others like Battle Network and Starforce always looked more like tie-in games for merchandise-heavy kids anime like Beyblade or Bakugan or something. That's what they always reminded me of, at least.

Listening to the Maverick Hunter soundtrack. Fuck this shit. It has no punch.

Shit, meant to edit in.
Maverick Hunter X is goddamn garbage.
All this MMX talk is reminding me that I still haven't played the rest of the games. Pretty sure I have the MMX collection somewhere in my house. I need to get on that.
I do as well, but other than X2 and X3- I can't stand X4 onwards. It loses all the control precision.

The only Mega Man games I got into were Classic, X, Zero, and ZX/ZX Advent. The others like Battle Network and Starforce always looked more like tie-in games for merchandise-heavy kids anime like Beyblade or Bakugan or something. That's what they always reminded me of, at least.

You missed out. Battle Network was a really good series. Good enough to get 6 games and 2 DS remakes (1 of which was never localized. Thanks Capcpom.) Starforce was... eh. It had some neat ideas, but it just wasn't as good as MMBN.

demidar

I used to think Zero was a girl back when I was a kid playing X3 I think it was. Besides Goku, the concept of men having long, blonde hair was foreign to me and he also has those weird green things on his chest that look like boobs. My thought process was "why would a robot have long flowing hair if not to indicate it's a girl, much like you put a bow on a female [insert non-humanoid creature] to differentiate it from males ala Ms. Pac-Man?"

croten

I used to think Zero was a girl back when I was a kid playing X3 I think it was. Besides Goku, the concept of men having long, blonde hair was foreign to me and he also has those weird green things on his chest that look like boobs. My thought process was "why would a robot have long flowing hair if not to indicate it's a girl, much like you put a bow on a female [insert non-humanoid creature] to differentiate it from males ala Ms. Pac-Man?"

Zero as a girl would have been cool

Zero should've been a female robut and not look as bad as Roll is made out to be.

Man, why does Roll have to be such a jobber?

Episode 26
i remember now, this was the only episode of Eva i ever saw as a babby dreamcast. God this episode hit a bit too close to home uh...im gonna watch EoE tommorow but uh...i think im gonna look at some other stuff that doesnt make me question my existance then go to bed ill give my thoughts on the movie and the series as a whole once i watch it....god i need some candy right now...

Take care of yourself

Village

Zero should've been a female robut and not look as bad as Roll is made out to be.

Man, why does Roll have to be such a jobber?

Should, no, could and it would have been cool. Sure. Zero ends up surviving generally being better and proving that Dr. Wiley was actually the superior scientist anyway.

At least in ZX and ZX advent you can choose the gender of your characters, and in both games the girls have better physical attacks.

Also those games are sick, ninja's and t rex transformations.

Should, no, could and it would have been cool. Sure. Zero ends up surviving generally being better and proving that Dr. Wiley was actually the superior scientist anyway.

At least in ZX and ZX advent you can choose the gender of your characters, and in both games the girls have better physical attacks.

I'll take your word on it. I'm not familiar with the Zero canon.

Xiraiya

My poor girlfriend is being slowly driven insane by the Katamari references being dropped over time by the Zaibatsu, yet they never ever play it, the end of the Skeleton podcast did not help her situation.

The only Megaman game I played before this was 2. I actually have no interest in playing the old games now that I've dashed. I can't go back to a dashless world.
Megaman 9 is still worth your time if just for how much the soundtrack kicks ass. Seriously though, the old games are way more puzzle focused and less actiony. They're very different, but still good.

The fact every Megaman spin off is actually pretty decent to amazing, is pretty impressive.

croten

Why shouldn't it have? What would a female Zero really change?

360pages

To be fair Zero was always was supposed to be the new Megaman, but they went with X because his look was one people were more familiar with and made Zero a secondary character.

They were both designed to be males due to them both needing to fit the (Megaman) Template.

Of course, this is later changed that even females can be megamen (Megaman ZX/ZX advent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom