• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Bayo thread, man.
It's exhausting having to explain what Bayo is and what she isn't.

Let me guess, they're 'debating' about sexism and the like, right? Why even bother, man? Videogames are just such an easy target right now because it was a boys-only club for so long.

When Salt 'N Peppa took their sexuality in their own hands back in the day they were lauded as the prime examples of strong independent women, but when a videogame character does it people pretend it's some affront to women everywhere. Sometimes it seems that people would actually rather go back to pre-60's American prudism.

I can't stop.. laughing... omg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55MwernXQU

this is the video Matt was talking about on the podcast last week right?

Yes.

croten

I'm so sorry but I had the right titles unlocked in Ultimax and I am a child
Bz3NbYjCcAAn8wT.jpg

With God hand? lol

Wrong thread? Maybe?

No that was posted here, just a few days ago.

Let me guess, they're 'debating' about sexism and the like, right? Why even bother, man? Videogames are just such an easy target right now because it was a boys-only club for so long.

When Salt 'N Peppa took their sexuality in their own hands back in the day they were lauded as the prime examples of strong independent women, but when a videogame character does it people pretend it's some affront to women everywhere. Sometimes it seems that people would actually rather go back to pre-60's American prudism.

That's what I don't understand. Nobody was stopping young girls from playing video games except parents who didn't condone video game playing. Metroid isn't a male only franchise. Neither is Mario or Zelda or Castlevania or Metal Gear or anything ever like that.

Now, those same boys being dimwitted bigoted assholes, I can see that wholly, but more often than not, guys loved girls who gamed. It's a fun hobby to share.

I only question what Gies intent was to score a game a 7.5 and not justify where those 2.5 points went. I also questioned whether he was consistent. I never got an answer to both these questions.

Now that I've listened to the whole thing, Liam's complaining about the lack of redesigns in Smash 4 was really uninformed.

Don't know why he went off like that on a subject he didn't bother to look into at all.

Yeah, he's complaining about the designs not being unique like Brawl's or Melee's as if the ultra-realistic look on Nintendo characters like Mario and Bowser was a godsend to the series.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I just liked how they changed bowser for the better in smash. No longer will he look like he slides while running.
Also his dropkick is godlike.

That's what I don't understand. Nobody was stopping young girls from playing video games except parents who didn't condone video game playing. Metroid isn't a male only franchise. Neither is Mario or Zelda or Castlevania or Metal Gear or anything ever like that.

Now, those same boys being dimwitted bigoted assholes, I can see that wholly, but more often than not, guys loved girls who gamed. It's a fun hobby to share.

I only question what Gies intent was to score a game a 7.5 and not justify where those 2.5 points went. I also questioned whether he was consistent. I never got an answer to both these questions.

I guess that's true. Hanging around on 4chan and the like you would naturally come across that moreso than other places, but even then, it used to be that phrases like 'tits or gtfo' and 'there are no black people on the internet' had some actual merit to them as neither your gender nor your ethnicity should be relevant on an anonymous imageboard. Besides, it was hilarious making fun of people who took offence to and engaged at things said by people who might as well not exist if you chose to ignore them.

This was before 4chan became really popular and new people started misusing old jokes out of context. Nowadays even that place is very open to all kinds of people (depending on the boards you visit) as long as you're not obviously looking for attention and even back then people didn't mind if it was actually relevant to the conversation at hand.

But you're better off just not engaging with idiots in the first place. Some people can't seem to look farther than their nose is long and other people are just straight up trolling. Ain't nobody winning that battle.

Anyway, sleepytimes for me, see y'all.

Yes.

Bayonetta isn't a sentient being. She's the creation of a bunch of (primarily male) game developers. Salt 'N Pepa probably had a say in how they own their sexuality unlike Bayo.

AngryCanadian and I are playing Ultimax if anyone wants to join.

Yeah sure. Life's gonna get pretty busy for me in the next couple weeks, so I might not be able to play with you guys again for a bit.

Did anyone unlock any boss characters btw? I'd like to take a few bosses for a test drive, some seem real fun.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah sure. Life's gonna get pretty busy for me in the next couple weeks, so I might not be able to play with you guys again for a bit.

Did anyone unlock any boss characters btw? I'd like to take a few bosses for a test drive, some seem real fun.
Are the boss characters as fun as omega rugal level of fun?
rugal-kicks.gif

Do they have a flashkick as good as his?

yeah I have a couple unlocked if you guys are down for it

really liking these games Phantom, I feel like I'm actually learning something

Honestly, I'm just surprised people are getting worked up over the Polygon review. So what if Gies doesn't like the sexualization of Bayo enough to give the game a 7.5? It's his opinion, just respect it and move on.

All this speculation over his intentions or any hidden agenda only feeds those gross "sjw cabal" conspiracy nutters. It's just a score.

Anung

Un Rama
Honestly, I'm just surprised people are getting worked up over the Polygon review. So what if Gies doesn't like the sexualization of Bayo enough to give the game a 7.5? It's his opinion, just respect it and move on.

All this speculation over his intentions or any hidden agenda only feeds those gross "sjw cabal" conspiracy nutters. It's just a score.

Gies is a hack. I usually just ignore anything that comes from Polygon.

You know not to throw more petrol on the fire, I couldn't get over Bayonetta's overt sexual fanservice even though the game underneath all that was really interesting. I just couldn't take the game seriously and her bodily proportions freaked me out, they just seem really unnatural.

That said I'm not saying she's a bad character, she struck me as a strong confident female woman who didn't need no man.

I will say that I am giving the games another chance once I get my Wii U because Bayo 1 comes with Bayonetta 2 so I might as well play through both.

The most merciful thing in the world I think, is the inability for the human mind to correlate all its contents.

And for PCs to unpack Idtech 5 games.

UUUUGH.

Amazon prime says evil withins not supposed to be here till 8pm tomorrow. I mean I have class til 8, but they pulled the same shit for ultimax and were a day late with my last delivery for game of thrones and tomb raider DE. Seriously if evil within comes a day late I'm gonna shit on amazon and UPS's doorstep.

360pages

You know what...all the shit I throw at Naruto...I might actually still enjoy it somewhat. It's weird. I mean no matter how much dumb shit keeps happening I keep reading, so it must be doing something right.

I'm watching last week's FNF and man I just don't get the appeal of these late 90s/early 00s KOF-esque character designs. The Best Friends eat it up but I just get wielded out by the weird belts and zippers costumes these Rage of the Dragon's characters wear.

Which is why I love the original Street Fighter 2 cast's character designs: All of them look like they're trained fighters, know what I mean?

joe2187

Banned
Oh my god, this ebola shit is getting out of hand.

The media here is going crazy. Some crazy nut threatened a bus driver not to fuck with him because he said he had ebola, now the entire bus is on lockdown and they're calling it a terrorist threat.

The fuck

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oh my god, this ebola shit is getting out of hand.

The media here is going crazy. Some crazy nut threatened a bus driver not to fuck with him because he said he had ebola, now the entire bus is on lockdown and they're calling it a terrorist threat.

The fuck

Are you in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom