• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

I'm watching last week's FNF and man I just don't get the appeal of these late 90s/early 00s KOF-esque character designs. The Best Friends eat it up but I just get wielded out by the weird belts and zippers costumes these Rage of the Dragon's characters wear.

Which is why I love the original Street Fighter 2 cast's character designs: All of them look like they're trained fighters, know what I mean?

Honestly, the whole trained fighter thing kind of bores me now. They seem really stock now, Ryu is really just Kung-fu guy. The characters don't have personality outside of their fighting style. (I know that's not true, but that's what it seems)

Which is probably why Blazblue and Persona is more popular in Japan then Street fighter is and Vise versa over here.

KOF is super popular in Mexico as I recall.

Honestly, I'm just surprised people are getting worked up over the Polygon review. So what if Gies doesn't like the sexualization of Bayo enough to give the game a 7.5? It's his opinion, just respect it and move on.

All this speculation over his intentions or any hidden agenda only feeds those gross "sjw cabal" conspiracy nutters. It's just a score.

I joined into the discussion/debate because I found it weird that someone knocked 2.5 points off for the sexualization, but was perfectly fine with it in other reviews and didn't talk about controls or story or mechanics or anything people who play character action look for. It was a bit disingenuous but again I don't know his writing very well, or Polygon's overall writing quality.

It sparked a somewhat respectable debate. It's not bad in that thread.

Zenfalcia

Oh my god, this ebola shit is getting out of hand.

The media here is going crazy. Some crazy nut threatened a bus driver not to fuck with him because he said he had ebola, now the entire bus is on lockdown and they're calling it a terrorist threat.

The fuck

Sounds like the media is having a party and everyone with ebola is invited.

They just make things out of proportion and gain a ton of views/clicks.. Also people are dicks.

ultimax

Amazon prime says evil withins not supposed to be here till 8pm tomorrow. I mean I have class, but they pulled the same shit for ultimax and were a day late with my last delivery for game of thrones and tomb raider DE. Seriously if evil within comes a day late I'm gonna shit on amazon and UPS's doorstep.

my amazon says evil within and my PS
liam
TV already shipped
PXjKd.gif

I'm watching last week's FNF and man I just don't get the appeal of these late 90s/early 00s KOF-esque character designs. The Best Friends eat it up but I just get wielded out by the weird belts and zippers costumes these Rage of the Dragon's characters wear.

Which is why I love the original Street Fighter 2 cast's character designs: All of them look like they're trained fighters, know what I mean?

They're really cool anime designs.

Are the boss characters as fun as omega rugal level of fun?
rugal-kicks.gif

Do they have a flashkick as good as his?

Depends on the character, actually. Some duds, some real fun ones too.

yeah typical strong Arcsys DLC character, annoying characters are what I'm best at thats why I like Ken as well, lots of people can't deal with dog pressure (including myself)

Still think she's actually low tier...

Xiraiya

Oh my god, this ebola shit is getting out of hand.
The media here is going crazy. Some crazy nut threatened a bus driver not to fuck with him because he said he had ebola, now the entire bus is on lockdown and they're calling it a terrorist threat.
The fuck

Oh America.

They're really cool anime designs.

That's the thing I guess. I really dislike the "cool" anime-like designs. It just seems lame and Japanese games of the past gens were really bad in that aspect. Like the worst Nomura and KOF character designs were from that era.

The leather jackets. The extra belts and zippers. Just a huge turn off for me.

joe2187

Banned
Well my laser eye surgery has been rescheduled for next week, literally on the day of my birthday.

So now I'll be able to fully enjoy "The Evil within Life and Hometown"

I spent more than an hour on this damn thing, i don't even care that it looks like rubbish
Amazing as this is, I think you would be better off using one still avatar image and editing it into every frame. Wouldn't take nearly as long and has about the same comedic effect.

On topic though, wow that's great.

7.5/10
Well my laser eye surgery has been rescheduled for next week, literally on the day of my birthday.

So now I'll be able to fully enjoy "The Evil within Life and Hometown"

On your birthday? Geez, it would've been cool to have corrected eyesight for your birthday instead of losing it for a few days.

its all good lol. good games tho

gonna try to unlock a boss character

key word- "try"
Set it to 1 round win and just lame it out, worked for me on characters I could not win legitimately
I spent more than an hour on this damn thing, i don't even care that it looks like rubbish
]
Lol it gets the point across. This really just means Araki needs to put Forever in more things so we can get more shots of him

Oberon

Banned
Amazing as this is, I think you would be better off using one still avatar image and editing it into every frame. Wouldn't take nearly as long and has about the same comedic effect.

Set it to 1 round win and just lame it out, worked for me on characters I could not win legitimately

Lol it gets the point across. This really just means Araki needs to put Forever in more things so we can get more shots of him

cr26hmi.gif

There! It's 3 AM but I DID IT
And it took almost no time

Good night everyone

Zenfalcia

Update: I reached 13 tracks synced.. maybe I can get it done today... or i take the easy way out and just put it out with unused recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom