• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs. You could use Margie BTW, she's not broken, trust me...
She may not be broken but her basic auto combo with no bar still does something like 5k damage and I think the full version did something stupid like 8k or something like that? just didn't feel right winning a match because I landed 1 hit

Fuck, I really shouldn't have read that. I still haven't finished P3.

Avengers 3 will most likely be the culmination of Thanos and the Gauntlet. Cap 3 comes out before that one.

Why would they settle the Thano's subplot without an huge crossover Avengers film? Seems like they're gonna rush that one out despite the handful of films that built it up.

Well it depends, Alien isn't the same kind of horror as say, stuff like the Grudge, or anything often focusing on jump scares mainly.

To me anyway.
I know that one consistent thing between Alien and Aliens was that I loved the idea of the future it portrayed, as a place that was already lived in and pretty run down.

Though after playing Isolation and literally being frozen at the sight of the alien, I think the other part is its design inspires as much awe as it does terror, which you probably can't say much about with any other monster. Well, maybe Godzilla, but that's a different type of monster.

Gasp.gif

She may not be broken but her basic auto combo with no bar still does something like 5k damage and I think the full version did something stupid like 8k or something like that? just didn't feel right winning a match because I landed 1 hit

Nah, don't worry about, that's just boss mode. But Liz? Now that's legit broke, even for boss mode. I think only a Noato or another Liz could beat a Liz that knows what they're doing.

E the Shaggy

Why would they settle the Thano's subplot without an huge crossover Avengers film? Seems like they're gonna rush that one out despite the handful of films that built it up.

Rumors are that Avengers 3 and 4 will be filmed at the same time WITH the Guardians of the Galaxy jumping on board.

You, yourself played it recently. Anyway, we can be a little less uptight about spoilers for the games with Ultimax out, but even then it doesn't spoil everything. Just at least mark your links with them being about Persona.

LMAO

lol played it recently
P3P isnt my first P3 rodeo

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm in the middle of P3P.

Please tag Persona related spoilers. It takes two seconds to not be a piece of shit.

This isn't a chatroom. It's a publicly viewable forum.

You, yourself played it recently. Anyway, we can be a little less uptight about spoilers for the games with Ultimax out, but even then it doesn't spoil everything. Just at least mark your links with them being about Persona.

The only thing that's spoilery in Ultimax is Police Dick. The other stuff like
Ikutski and the Gas Attendant isn't.

Yo where's this boss character fighting goin on?

No where now. TC quit, and I'm ass deep in arcade mode unlocking more, but I could play in a minute.
As for the actual location, it's the Lobby with the 'BOSS' tag on it, nagasomething shrine I think. We were going with Death room, for traditions sake.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
i saw you play it while i was on my Vita
how is it you just started

I must admit that the visual novel style is more jarring than I expected it to be.

So far so good, though. I can already tell that I'll like the initial cast of characters. The different dungeon format from P4G threw me off a little since you can explore as much as you're able, barring fatigue. It's interesting that you can split up your party to explore a floor as well.

I must admit that the visual novel style is more jarring than I expected it to be.

So far so good, though. I can already tell that I'll like the initial cast of characters. The different dungeon format from P4G threw me off a little since you can explore as much as you're able, barring fatigue. It's interesting that you can split up your party to explore a floor as well.

id advise against splitting up
youll get wrecked
badly

Yeah, that VN style ain't great. You'll get used to it. P3P got a few balance changes that made it slightly easier than P3 FES. The biggest one being that your characters don't get tired until you leave tartarus. Also, there's the fact that you can continue from any floor where as in P3 FES you could only continue from checkpoints that came at different intervals. At least they made it so that you had to pay for healing.

lol played it recently
P3P isnt my first P3 rodeo
I thought you were one of the people who posted Persona updates in the days leading into Ultimax? Sorry if I was wrong.
The only thing that's spoilery in Ultimax is Police Dick. The other stuff like
Ikutski and the Gas Attendant isn't.
People seem to have decided that this means we should just stop caring, and I don't really agree, but it's something I've seen floating around.

People seem to have decided that this means we should just stop caring, and I don't really agree, but it's something I've seen floating around.

I can accept spoiling Police Dick's identity because he is a fighting game character now and
he's not even the main antagonist.
The rest I'm not okay with. Especially since we're on a forum with a built in spoiler tag button.

I can accept spoiling Police Dick's identity because he is a fighting game character now and
he's not even the main antagonist.
The rest I'm not okay with. Especially since we're on a forum with a built in spoiler tag button.

Yeah. So we can just say outright that, at least in here considering several regulars here are playing/haven't played the games yet, we should really, really mark them.

It just sucks how people are gonna find it hard to avoid over the internet in general now, more than ever.

I did it once to try it out on a lower floor. I'm going to stick together for most of it, probably.

once thing your gonna realize is it is SO much easier to get money in P3P
im at nearly 400k yen atm and in August in Tartarus
also you best be playing the superior FeMC
just doesnt feel right not having all the party members as social links with Male MC

Yeah. So we can just say outright that, at least in here considering several regulars here are playing/haven't played the games yet, we should really, really mark them.

It just sucks how people are gonna find it hard to avoid over the internet in general now, more than ever.

It sucks, but what can we do. We can't control the internet. As long as we aren't the ones who spoil it for them then it's fine.

once thing your gonna realize is it is SO much easier to get money in P3P
im at nearly 400k yen atm and in August in Tartarus
also you best be playing the superior FeMC
just doesnt feel right not having all the party members as social links with Male MC

Why would he play as FeMC on his first playthrough? That's stupid.

hughesta

Banned
Just bought Persons 4, going in nearly blind. All I know is (possibly large spoiler???)
creepy student does a thing

Found it used for PS2, $20. Came with the soundtrack disc (though for all I know, so did every copy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom