• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

So, I finally got a rough idea of what I'm going to write for writing month in November.

I got an idea, these creature from another world came to the planet and had children with human's. These creatures, lets call them. Alters. The children these creatures create are called half-breeds, 70 years after this event the story takes place.

The story starts off with two half-breeds who parents were rich and leaves them in the mansion in the city. They managed to keep their abilities hidden to not cause trouble for themselves. However on the start of the new school year a half-breed girl joins his class. Due to certain circumstances he ends up reveling his ability to her and the two decide to try to track down the strange events that have been happening in the city recently that have been causing a wave of bad luck to go through the city.

The story can get dark and graphic, but that more due to the abilities rather then the ideas presented in it.

Squishy3

im waiting till Steam sales for Korra(and guaca)
between Persona Q,Pokemon Alpha Sapphire,and Tales of Hearts R
November is jam packed enough
It's an Activision published game, so it isn't going to be discounted anytime soon, or not to any significant amount when it is discounted. Call of Duty 4 is 7 years old and the lowest price it's ever been was $9.99, and that's only $10 off it's current price. You're going to be waiting a long time for Korra to go on sale, it's $15, do you really need a Pokemon remake? :p

It's an Activision published game, so it isn't going to be discounted anytime soon, or not to any significant amount when it is discounted. Call of Duty 4 is 7 years old and the lowest price it's ever been was $9.99, and that's only $10 off it's current price. You're going to be waiting a long time for Korra to go on sale, it's $15, do you really need a Pokemon remake? :p

who said anything about waiting
im getting it regardless but it cant hurt to wait till the sales
also this Pokemon Remake has alot more than the original if rumors are to believed(once the demo hits well know for sure)
if in the end i have to choose though, always Persona
Always

00Eh42I.png

Pat confirmed as Ultimax DLC - from sub-reddit

ultimax

Eh, JPOP isn't for everyone. Now, if she said she hated Lotus Juice's rapping then we'd have a problem. Also, I hope you introduced her to SMT since those issues aren't in those games.

That dudes lyrics tho.....
Persona lyrics in general make no sense at all
but thats what makes them so amazing

hughesta

Banned
Alright, done for the night. Two hours in, just finished meeting our friendly bear in the TV world for the first time.

Just bought a PS2 the other day. Currently own DMC1&3, P4, Onimusha, Haunting Ground, ICO, and SH4
my first Silent Hill game

I tried playing SH4 the other day, but when that little eyeball visual cue pops up, (which I assume means I can examine an object) nothing happens no matter what button I press. Am I missing something, or is my copy borked?

I can totally understand the life sim because those are garbage, but the music??? That's the best part of the damn game lol.
I really like the games, but it's like 70% of my enjoyment.
Eh, JPOP isn't for everyone. Now, if she said she hated Lotus Juice's rapping then we'd have a problem. Also, I hope you introduced her to SMT since those issues aren't in those games.
I tried, told her exactly that. She seems soured on the whole series unfortunately though. She was and is really into Pokemon, so I just figured she wouldn't mind a easy, straightforward campaign. She doesn't respond well to challenging games either.

That was quite awhile ago, but I regret showing it to her now that I know her tastes better now. Also she totally hated what she heard of the P3 soundtrack (because of the rap), but she admitted the electronic stuff was alright, and was better than P4.

That was quite awhile ago, but I regret showing it to her now that I know her tastes better now. Also she totally hated what she heard of the P3 soundtrack (because of the rap), but she admitted the electronic stuff was alright, and was better than P4.

There's only one thing to do now,

REND
SLAUGHTER
DEVOUR YOUR ENEMIES

I need to play DDS at some point.

I really like the games, but it's like 70% of my enjoyment.

I tried, told her exactly that. She seems soured on the whole series unfortunately though. She was and is really into Pokemon, so I just figured she wouldn't mind a easy, straightforward campaign. She doesn't respond well to challenging games either.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin on the PSP. Its easy, has a more metal soundtrack and doesn't have bullshit life-sim (and actually writes a couple of really good characters instead of that bs). Its the last hope of getting her into any SMT game.

360pages

Came to talk about writing, Persona everywhere.

Not that I mind!

Also I love bug island, like legit love it. I kind of wish they do a full LP of it.

I bet we're gonna have a lot of talk about the Bayonetta 2 reviews, including Polygon's.
Late to the party, been talking about it for awhile.
Persona 2 Innocent Sin on the PSP. Its easy, has a more metal soundtrack and doesn't have bullshit life-sim (and actually writes a couple of really good characters instead of that bs). Its the last hope of getting her into any SMT game.
She'd probably think it's too old. I'm willing to try if I can though.
Plus, I need to play it myself.
The fact I got this person into something as hard to get into as Monster Hunter, but nothing else, still amazes me.
I need to play DDS at some point.
Me too, actually. Too much new shit coming out right now.

Zenfalcia

So, I finally got a rough idea of what I'm going to write for writing month in November.

I got an idea, these creature from another world came to the planet and had children with human's. These creatures, lets call them. Alters. The children these creatures create are called half-breeds, 70 years after this event the story takes place.

The story starts off with two half-breeds who parents were rich and leaves them in the mansion in the city. They managed to keep their abilities hidden to not cause trouble for themselves. However on the start of the new school year a half-breed girl joins his class. Due to certain circumstances he ends up reveling his ability to her and the two decide to try to track down the strange events that have been happening in the city recently that have been causing a wave of bad luck to go through the city.

The story can get dark and graphic, but that more due to the abilities rather then the ideas presented in it.

Why.. are they tracking down things that are happening in the city... Isn't this exactly the same thing as your fantasy story, except with different characters and settings? Group gets together and goes out to do group things and save the day... I thought you were going to do something like maybe two two half breeds try to learn more about their own abilities and try to become closer as friends? Take more of a slice of life, drama approach rather than.. action? They are kids..unless you make them get interested/involved for some reason? Then you'll run the whole thing of them trying to not get caught as they do these things?

Persona soundtrack fighting was really Unavoidable. (P3 music spoilers)

And the soundtrack causes some major Mass Destruction.

That's a boss theme. A good one, but I like A New World Fool better.

Same here, so much more intimidating and used during the better boss fights of the game.

My fav still goes to P2 IS boss theme, and it also has a really good final boss theme, though nothing beats Battle for Everyone's Souls.

360pages

Tell me, could any of you write 50,000 words in a month. I wrote long ass stories, but it took me a year to write 120,000 words. And now I am going to try to write almost half of that in 1/12 of the time.

Persona soundtrack fighting was really Unavoidable. (P3 music spoilers)

Dude, I love this song so much (Reincarnation ver especially). It and New World Fool are my favorite boss themes.

Same here, so much more intimidating and used during the better boss fights of the game.

My fav still goes to P2 IS boss theme, and it also has a really good final boss theme, though nothing beats Battle for Everyone's Souls.

Oh, if we're including P1 and P2 then Bloody Destiny is my favorite. So good.

Zenfalcia

Tell me, could any of you write 50,000 words in a month. I wrote long ass stories, but it took me a year to write 120,000 words. And now I am going to try to write almost half of that in 1/12 of the time.

Don't everyone who's in the shame car typing about 50,000 words in a month? Or really anyone who uses the internet alot.. or any social site.

360pages

Why.. are they tracking down things that are happening in the city... Isn't this exactly the same thing as your fantasy story, except with different characters and settings? Group gets together and goes out to do group things and save the day... I thought you were going to do something like maybe two two half breeds try to learn more about their own abilities and try to become closer as friends? Take more of a slice of life, drama approach rather than.. action? They are kids..unless you make them get interested/involved for some reason? Then you'll run the whole thing of them trying to not get caught as they do these things?

And the soundtrack causes some major Mass Destruction.

Oh no, they aren't apart of an organization. They are also teenagers, it's more that the girl notice the things happening and the main character gets dragged into it. (EVen though he and his sister notice as well)

The area they live in don't have many Alters, so it is pretty much up to them to solve the small mystery. This one is slightly more slice of life ish. Though if you ever read the Melty Blood Manga, it takes inspiration from that.

I'm pretty sure most of you guys write 50,000 words a day in this topic.
Just copy/paste everything in here and you got yourself a good story on the human condition.

But honestly it's something I want to try someday but I'm too lazy/ focused on other stuff. It's certainly a daunting task.

You should just write the story of the Friender-Verse. You'll probably get x4 the amount you need.

Yeah probably. Here I'll write 8 really fast.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Sorry, I'm a smartass.

I can bang out 5 page papers in a night, but putting out quantity is always in direct correlation with loss of quality, at least, in my experience.
Dude, I love this song so much (Reincarnation ver especially). It and New World Fool are my favorite boss themes.

Oh, if we're including P1 and P2 then Bloody Destiny is my favorite. So good.
I think I love it because it's as close as P3 gets to just being SMT music since it's just flat out sick guitar riffs and rock. Same with Fog in Persona 4. (Mega spoilers for P4 sorta)

Edit: I'm listening to the reincarnation version of Unavoidable Battle again. Fuck it is really good, I forgot.

Zenfalcia

Oh no, they aren't apart of an organization. They are also teenagers, it's more that the girl notice the things happening and the main character gets dragged into it. (EVen though he and his sister notice as well)

The area they live in don't have many Alters, so it is pretty much up to them to solve the small mystery. This one is slightly more slice of life ish. Though if you ever read the Melty Blood Manga, it takes inspiration from that.

I know, but them take the same idea of a small group gets together and solves problems. As long as you have a good reason for them to get involved and build on it somehow.. I can think of a few ways right now.

They know who are "Alters" or not? At the same time, their parents being rich means everyone knows they are half bloods. Unless the parents are hiding it too.

I have not read the melty blood manga, yet.

360pages

I know, but them take the same idea of a small group gets together and solves problems. As long as you have a good reason for them to get involved and build on it somehow.. I can think of a few ways right now.

They know who are "Alters" or not? At the same time, their parents being rich means everyone knows they are half bloods. Unless the parents are hiding it too.

I have not read the melty blood manga, yet.

Alters are easier to tell, it usually comes down to eye color. Normal Human's don't have red or purple eye colors. Not that it matters too much in the context of this plot, since the sibling parents are away at the time. And the parents are rather good at keeping it a secret,

Zenfalcia

Alters are easier to tell, it usually comes down to eye color. Normal Human's don't have red or purple eye colors. Not that it matters too much in the context of this plot, since the sibling parents are away at the time. And the parents are rather good at keeping it a secret,

So.... They hide their eye colour somehow.. Ok. The parents are away ofc doing business stuff internationally
like every anime/manga

360pages

So.... They hide their eye colour somehow.. Ok. The parents are away ofc doing business stuff internationally
like every anime/manga

Of course, mostly because it's easier to explain that more than the main character always having to sneak away (That said he will still probably have to sneak out from his younger sister)

hughesta

Banned
Just started playing silent hill 4 and there's an eyeball on the upper left and pressing X makes it squirm or something. Am I missing something? I'm assuming you guys would know.

Just started playing silent hill 4 sns there's an eyeball on the upper left and pressing X makes it squirm or something. Am I missing something? I'm assuming you guys would know.
easyavatarquote.png

Despite my avatar, I've never actually picked up SH4. Sorry. Tried to google it when you asked before and didn't see anything.

Zenfalcia

Of course, mostly because it's easier to explain that more than the main character always having to sneak away (That said he will still probably have to sneak out from his younger sister)

Now. Will you do a romance or no romance story between the girl and guy. Sure. That could work.

Finished mission 5 in Alien Isolation...I think my experience in playing games like Thief have honed my abilities in the art of stealth, though it doesn't make me any less paranoid or overly cautious while playing this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom