• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought Persons 4, going in nearly blind. All I know is (possibly large spoiler???)
creepy student does a thing

Found it used for PS2, $20. Came with the soundtrack disc (though for all I know, so did every copy.)

why didnt you buy the superior Vita version
why damit why?

Just bought Persons 4, going in nearly blind. All I know is (possibly large spoiler???)

Found it used for PS2, $20. Came with the soundtrack disc (though for all I know, so did every copy.)

I'd highly suggest you hold off on playing P4 and grab a copy of P3 FES first.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
they just straight up say she doesn't count, even though she is better than P3MC.

My first time playing through Persona 3 was the portable version, and then my PSP broke. I was in like November, and I just didn't have the energy to do all of that again. I'll pick it up in a few years, I guess.

Nah, I played P4 first, and BOY is it superior in terms of gameplay and level design. But I guess thats why you play P3FES first.

Gameplay? Sure. However, I think the dungeons in P4 are straight up garbage. Worse than Tartarus. I also think the story is way less interesting. P3 also has a cooler final boss imo.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
if you have a Vita just download it

I do not. If I did I'd be on the golden hype train. I'm just sitting here alone hating Marie for making the Persona 4: Golden Anime suck so bad. I hated it so much.

I guess I was just salty because it wasn't goofy shenanigans like the original P4 anime, it now had that special magic touch that only Japan can put on things. And I hated it, boy I hated it.

Be very careful around this thread. There are some unmarked spoilers because of a new certain game that just came out, but we try our best to hide it.

You're going on an adventure buddy!

creepy student does do a thing but its only slightly major and it happens like 20 something hours into the game

also we talk about ulitmax alot so try not to get slapped in the face with spoilers.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Gameplay? Sure. However, I think the dungeons in P4 are straight up garbage. Worse than Tartarus. I also think the story is way less interesting. P3 also has a cooler final boss imo.

Well, as I said before, I never finished P3 because of a dead PSP and lack of energy. But I liked the segmented dungeons, so I hated Tartarus.

And I like P4's story cuz it was about fun with your friends, whereas in P3 it's about life being not that bad but still really sucking. But you should enjoy the time you have left, tho. Both are fine, but one made me feel happy. ALSO FUCK KENJI.

hughesta

Banned
Is your first persona game?
I've played like, seven hours of SMTIV, but otherwise, yeah.

You're going on an adventure buddy!

creepy student does do a thing but its only slightly major and it happens like 20 something hours into the game

also we talk about ulitmax alot so try not to get slapped in the fast with spoilers.
Yeah, I don't frequent this thread super often anyways (BUT I STILL LOVE YOU ALL,) so I'm not too worried. I'll be sure to update y'all on my progress though.

Like how the killer is
Nanako?

W-w-why would you say that about poor Nanako? She wouldn't hurt a fly!

516260-persona4b_13.jpg

For some horrible reason I bought FFXIII for PC. I haven't played it and know little about it except people hate it.

It's 60GB.

Guess I'll play it like, tomorrow... or the day after.

Well, as I said before, I never finished P3 because of a dead PSP and lack of energy. But I liked the segmented dungeons, so I hated Tartarus.

And I like P4's story cuz it was about fun with your friends, whereas in P3 it's about life being not that bad but still really sucking. But you should enjoy the time you have left, tho. Both are fine, but one made me feel happy. ALSO FUCK KENJI.

I hate the dungeon structure in P4. It's just long hallways with an occasional shadow. Worse is that all the shadow encounters are piss easy. P4 was also had less areas for you to visit and roam around in. The quests were more of a pain and weren't really worth it (aside from the fox ones). It had less tracks and the list goes on. I don't think P4 is bad by any means, but it feels like a step down from P3. Of course, there are good things about P4. The S Links were generally better and the personality system was better executed.

For some horrible reason I bought FFXIII for PC. I haven't played it and know little about it except people hate it.

It's 60GB.

Guess I'll play it like, tomorrow... or the day after.

Yeah, I bought it too. I saw that and I got real pissed. 60 GB for a game is ridiculous.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday, I'm moving my WiiU, my computer, my 3DS, and all my chargers to my bed, and I'm just gonna play SNES games on the gamepad and put the WiiU itself under my bed, play Smash erry day, and watch anime on my computer.
It'll get old fast.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I hate the dungeon structure in P4. It's just long hallways with an occasional shadow. Worse is that all the shadow encounters are piss easy. P4 was also had less areas for you to visit and roam around in. The quests were more of a pain and weren't really worth it (aside from the fox ones). It had less tracks and the list goes on. I don't think P4 is bad by any means, but it feels like a step down from P3. Of course, there are good things about P4. The S Links were generally better and the personality system was better executed.

The one things that blew about P4 was the dumbass find-the-person-who-is-new quests in order to access new dungeons.

I can't believe I forgot about that. What a fucking garbage mechanic. Worst part is that it's mandatory.

That's what made it a mysteryyyyy thhhoooo

Those sections in particular made my friend quit the game like 60 hours in. To be fair she hated the music and the life sim elements too, but that pushed her over the edge. Yes, she has bad taste in music.

Those sections in particular made my friend quit the game like 60 hours in. To be fair she hated the music and the life sim elements too, but that pushed her over the edge. Yes, she has bad taste in music.

I can totally understand the life sim because those are garbage, but the music??? That's the best part of the damn game lol.

Eh, JPOP isn't for everyone. Now, if she said she hated Lotus Juice's rapping then we'd have a problem. Also, I hope you introduced her to SMT since those issues aren't in those games.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Eh, JPOP isn't for everyone. Now, if she said she hated Lotus Juice's rapping then we'd have a problem. Also, I hope you introduced her to SMT since those issues aren't in those games.

Lotus Juice and the guy who rapped in Gurren Lagann, I think his name was Tarantula or something? They should make an album together with Hiroyuki Sawano. Just cuz.

Man, I really wish we knew the story behind Escape of Bug Island's production. I really want to know at what point they decided to toss in
time travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom