• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvel8797

Neo Member
360pages, how dead set are you on the term "Alter," because when I hear of an "Alter," I immediately think of the anime "s-CRY-ed".

360pages

Now. Will you do a romance or no romance story between the girl and guy. Sure. That could work.

Probably romance, I'm feeling it. Though it's still up in the air. There is a lot to think about, but having it in a setting like this I feel will have the world still feel somewhat alien while keeping it closer to our world that the reader won't be completely destroyed by it.

360pages

360pages, how dead set are you on the term "Alter," because when I hear of an "Alter," I immediately think of the anime "s-CRY-ed".

I want to change it, but I really didn't know of a better name. And alien seems kind of plain, even if they really don't play that big of a role in story.

Zenfalcia

Probably romance, I'm feeling it. Though it's still up in the air. There is a lot to think about, but having it in a setting like this I feel will have the world still feel somewhat alien while keeping it closer to our world that the reader won't be completely destroyed by it.

Sure. You could try it out and see if it works. Depends on how you approach it. Will it be an alternate world where they've always existed or will it be they came and became part of society or various other ways.

I want to change it, but I really didn't know of a better name. And alien seems kind of plain, even if they really don't play that big of a role in story.

What if you have a proper scientific name but people only "slurs" because they look down on them. Will you ever approach the idea of mixed races and how they are treated or will it just be there for the cool characters and setting.

Zenfalcia

I wish I wasn't pressed for time for this BestGaf sings... I could've done this over a week or so.. Even then there's a lot to sync.. only 9 more to go.. yay.... This feels like a job.

360pages

Sure. You could try it out and see if it works. Depends on how you approach it. Will it be an alternate world where they've always existed or will it be they came and became part of society or various other ways.

What if you have a proper scientific name but people only "slurs" because they look down on them. Will you ever approach the idea of mixed races and how they are treated or will it just be there for the cool characters and setting.

I was thinking about approaching it, but I kind of wanted to just use it as a cool setting. The reasons Alters don't appear in the main plot is mostly because they probably would trivialize a lot of the situation.

The story takes place in 2050, and they had been there for 70 years, so they would have arrived around 1980.

So what little bit of hope I had for the Wii U version of Watch Dogs to do something cool with the gamepad was just snuffed out when I found out that the big feature is an interactive map.

Oh Ubi

I wish I wasn't pressed for time for this BestGaf sings... I could've done this over a week or so.. Even then there's a lot to sync.. only 9 more to go.. yay.... This feels like a job.

I said before, you're more than able to just leave it for another time. It took a really long time for me, and I did it over a much longer period of time than you, plus you're going way more in depth.

Zenfalcia

Hows it's going Frienders? I hope everyone had a great Columbus day!

I spent all day sitting in front of a computer.

I was thinking about approaching it, but I kind of wanted to just use it as a cool setting. The reasons Alters don't appear in the main plot is mostly because they probably would trivialize a lot of the situation.

The story takes place in 2050, and they had been there for 70 years, so they would have arrived around 1980.

So you'll spin the tale of aliens actually being discovered and that images of "ufos" were true?

mmm... It's better if you also keep it in mind so that you don't trivialize it to be a mere detail to make a boring story interesting. If you don't have "Alters" appear ever.. Then that makes no sense for a world where "Alters" and humans live together... :l

Why not make it present day? Do you have a specific reason for near future?

You're not forced to do it. Your time could be better spent doing other stuff.

I kinda really want to do it and committed a bit.. I'll try to finish what I can today and upload a video for everyone.

I said before, you're more than able to just leave it for another time. It took a really long time for me, and I did it over a much longer period of time than you, plus you're going way more in depth.

Problem is I don't have much free time time besides now. That's why I'm finishing this asap.

god dammit pat i went to out of context jojo and it fucking spoiled me on the sixth sense you GODDAMN ASSHOLE

If you read JoJo, you should already be spoiled. So really, it's your fault.
tumblr_nciuw5LUq61s2kojso1_250.png
That blog is fucking amazing by the way.
I kinda really want to do it and committed a bit.. I'll try to finish what I can today and upload a video for everyone.

Problem is I don't have much free time time besides now. That's why I'm finishing this asap.

You can always just come back to it later, even if it's way later. You'll always be posting earlier than those Top 10s.

360pages

I spent all day sitting in front of a computer.

So you'll spin the tale of aliens actually being discovered and that images of "ufos" were true?

mmm... It's better if you also keep it in mind so that you don't trivialize it to be a mere detail to make a boring story interesting. If you don't have "Alters" appear ever.. Then that makes no sense for a world where "Alters" and humans live together... :l

Why not make it present day? Do you have a specific reason for near future?

They will show up, after all, most of the cast as at least one of their parents being an Alters. So I'll probably add more to the story, now that I think about it.

As for the near future setting, I always set my story in the near future. It's just, something I do, I might tone it back to 2020-2025. But even my mundane stories are never in present day. It just, makes it feel more logical they might have certain things.

Zenfalcia

You can always just come back to it later, even if it's way later. You'll always be posting earlier than those Top 10s.

I can, but I know myself too well. If I don't finish it now. It'll never be finished.

They will show up, after all, most of the cast as at least one of their parents being an Alters. So I'll probably add more to the story, now that I think about it.

As for the near future setting, I always set my story in the near future. It's just, something I do, I might tone it back to 2020-2025. But even my mundane stories are never in present day. It just, makes it feel more logical they might have certain things.

You might want to.. Since they seem to be a large reason the "events" occur. That's what I assume, unless you plan to have them investigate stuff like normal crimes.

You really like the freedom to create new technology I'm assuming? It can get stale if you use the same setting all the time, at least imo.

Alfebit

Banned
You're gonna need to speak louder. Pat can't hear your salt all the way from Japan.

Speaking of Pat in japan, I wonder if the podcast will be up tonight like usual or pushed back until early tomorrow again. Need something to lull me to sleep so I can dream of my copy of Senran Kagura coming tomorrow.

Zenfalcia

Speaking of Pat in japan, I wonder if the podcast will be up tonight like usual or pushed back until early tomorrow again. Need something to lull me to sleep so I can dream of my copy of Senran Kagura coming tomorrow.

Want the lulling voices of 11/22 frienders of bestgaf singing snake eater?

Edit: Sorry about all the complaining.. I need to stop.. Before it bothers people.. If it's not already.

360pages

I can, but I know myself too well. If I don't finish it now. It'll never be finished.

You might want to.. Since they seem to be a large reason the "events" occur. That's what I assume, unless you plan to have them investigate stuff like normal crimes.

You really like the freedom to create new technology I'm assuming? It can get stale if you use the same setting all the time, at least imo.

Yeah, between things like snowing in the spring or having a foggy day right when it was sunny. Weird events like that, like power outage to just an over all strange bad luck day. I even have names for the three starting characters.

The main hero's name is. Armin Klaus.

Sister name is Adelheid Klaus

Female main heroes name... Luica lnes

Yeah, more like the freedom to do so if the plot needs it, rather then having someone say. X isn't here in 2014/2015

Does anyone else want them to finish bug island???

I want to see how this game ends! Call of Cthulhu as well!

They picked two games ripe for LPing and their short 7 days videos aren't enough. I wanna know how it all ends! Plus, the campyness of Bug Island looks so awesome, and fucking
Cave of Time
shit.

god dammit pat i went to out of context jojo and it fucking spoiled me on the sixth sense you GODDAMN ASSHOLE

That's actually the point of the scene.

Sixth Sense hadn't been released at the time Stone Ocean was in the Jump comics though Araki had seen it while it was in American theatres. Araki deliberately put that scene into Stone Ocean before Sixth Sense debuted in Japan to spoil it for his readers.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
That's actually the point of the scene.

Sixth Sense hadn't been released at the time Stone Ocean was in the Jump comics though Araki had seen it while it was in American theatres. Araki deliberately put that scene into Stone Ocean before Sixth Sense debuted in Japan to spoil it for his readers.
Just like that pulp fiction scene in steel ball run. Didn't know he liked movies as well as music from the U.S.
I really want them to play Obscure: The Aftermath. Don't ask me why,
They played the first one before and it kinda sucked.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, between things like snowing in the spring or having a foggy day right when it was sunny. Weird events like that, like power outage to just an over all strange bad luck day. I even have names for the three starting characters.

The main hero's name is. Armin Klaus.

Sister name is Adelheid Klaus

Female main heroes name... Luica lnes

Yeah, more like the freedom to do so if the plot needs it, rather then having someone say. X isn't here in 2014/2015

So, you want.. kids.. to learn more about fairly normal weirdness.. in the world... I hope you have more ambitious ideas than weather.. This sounds like some slice of life "mystery" similar to Hyouka...

At the same time it makes you try to be more creative instead of just inventing a new thing to solve that specific task.

Yes please. I'll put it on repeat.

By morning I'll be deaf.

Sent.

360pages

So, you want.. kids.. to learn more about fairly normal weirdness.. in the world... I hope you have more ambitious ideas than weather.. This sounds like some slice of life "mystery" similar to Hyouka...

At the same time it makes you try to be more creative instead of just inventing a new thing to solve that specific task.

Not that, more subtle events happen at first, then something really bizarre happens. (Like a rumor of a killer actually becomes real, or bad dreams actually become a reality) All the events are linked to the one causing it.

Strange things that are sometimes flat out impossible to happen. (A building that is small on the outside but as big as a skyscraper on the inside, or a phone that lets you call three years in the future,)

Or a part of town where it's always midnight. Strange events like that, of course there will be fights in there once in awhile.

Yes please. I'll put it on repeat.

By morning I'll be deaf.

I GIVE MY HEARING,
NOT FOR HONOUR
BUT FOR YOU
(best frienders~~)

IN MY EARS
THEY'LL BE NOTHING ELSE~~

DEAF~~
IT'S THE WAY I BOND WITH YOU~~

IT"S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

IT'S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

best frienders...

Zenfalcia

Not that, more subtle events happen at first, then something really bizarre happens. (Like a rumor of a killer actually becomes real, or bad dreams actually become a reality) All the events are linked to the one causing it.

Strange things that are sometimes flat out impossible to happen. (A building that is small on the outside but as big as a skyscraper on the inside, or a phone that lets you call three years in the future,)

Or a part of town where it's always midnight. Strange events like that, of course there will be fights in there once in awhile.

Ok. I was just worried since you said all weather stuff..

So will each event be all separate from each other? Like one offs? or all tied together in a timeline?

I GIVE MY HEARING,
NOT FOR HONOUR
BUT FOR YOU
(best frienders~~)

IN MY EARS
THEY'LL BE NOTHING ELSE~~

DEAF~~
IT'S THE WAY I BOND WITH YOU~~

IT"S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

IT'S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

best frienders...

10/10 Would love to listen to Friender Eater.

360pages

Ok. I was just worried since you said all weather stuff..

So will each event be all separate from each other? Like one offs? or all tied together in a timeline?

10/10 Would love to listen to Friender Eater.

Tied into one another. Since the cause is the same, I'm not sure if I want it happening all in one month? Or throughout the entire school year. I was thinking about just having it take place in summer, but that might ruin how the two characters meet (I can change that to just have the main character walking and the two happen to bump into one another. It would also remove the school dynamic,)

Also, the sister despite only being two years younger goes to a private school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom