• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke Soda

I hope we get a bonus group of Escape from Bug Island videos later on because there is no way they are beating it in 1 more video, and I am curious to see how bat shit insane the endgame gets.

why would you warn a Die hard 1 spoiler?

every human being worth calling a fellow human being has experienced the christmas miracle that is John McClane

Courtesy. You never know when you meet someone who hasn't experienced the wonder of Alan Rickman and Bruce Willis.

Zenfalcia

I think you guys will be surprised with the end result.

I'm glad you liked it. I hope it lulls you to sleep..

Tied into one another. Since the cause is the same, I'm not sure if I want it happening all in one month? Or throughout the entire school year. I was thinking about just having it take place in summer, but that might ruin how the two characters meet (I can change that to just have the main character walking and the two happen to bump into one another. It would also remove the school dynamic,)

Also, the sister despite only being two years younger goes to a private school.

I was thinking you could make it so all the stories aren't related at all. They could happen during any day of the week and are more rather introducing a cool concept to the reader. Example: What if one part of an area has time stopped. What would could be done during that time? How would it affect you? etc.

There's alot of ways you can do it.. Have them meet earlier during the summer only to be reunited when she transfers in.

360pages

I'm glad you liked it. I hope it lulls you to sleep..

I was thinking you could make it so all the stories aren't related at all. They could happen during any day of the week and are more rather introducing a cool concept to the reader. Example: What if one part of an area has time stopped. What would could be done during that time? How would it affect you? etc.

There's alot of ways you can do it.. Have them meet earlier during the summer only to be reunited when she transfers in.

That might be a fun idea actually, like have an event happen near the end of summer have her transfer in and continue from there. Of course I've never been big on time jumps. I rarely cut a scene unless at the end of a chapter. Ergo I would rather write out a character going somewhere then just cut to them there.

I guess I can do a lot of events like that.

Zenfalcia

That might be a fun idea actually, like have an event happen near the end of summer have her transfer in and continue from there. Of course I've never been big on time jumps. I rarely cut a scene unless at the end of a chapter. Ergo I would rather write out a character going somewhere then just cut to them there.

I guess I can do a lot of events like that.

It allows you to create many ideas that are just interesting. A suggestion is have them have a mini "investigation"/event during their first meeting. Thus kickstarting their future adventures.

What did you plan to do during the summer then?

Totally forgot about this.
2Lewd4School
6n3sd1r.jpg

360pages

It allows you to create many ideas that are just interesting. A suggestion is have them have a mini "investigation"/event during their first meeting. Thus kickstarting their future adventures.

What did you plan to do during the summer then?

Maybe, have it start snowing in certain points of town, hand have weird snow man creatures hanging around just for them to figure out it was a little girl causing it. Maybe have a three chapter prologue with something like that then the main even happens from there.

I actually wasn't planning on writing for summer whatsoever and just have the story start at eh beginning of the school year. Also I'm deciding if the characters should be 16 or 17, it might not seem like a big age, but if I want to make another one, it would effect if they are still in school or not.

Also, the sister will be of the nagging type. She has her own ability but rarely actually does anything. She will complain about the main character being out all night with a girl and not properly hiding his abilities. She also sometimes stalks the lobby of the mansion to make sure he doesn't sneak out. Though I'd figure that kind of character would be annoying for readers.

Zenfalcia

Maybe, have it start snowing in certain points of town, hand have weird snow man creatures hanging around just for them to figure out it was a little girl causing it. Maybe have a three chapter prologue with something like that then the main even happens from there.

I actually wasn't planning on writing for summer whatsoever and just have the story start at eh beginning of the school year. Also I'm deciding if the characters should be 16 or 17, it might not seem like a big age, but if I want to make another one, it would effect if they are still in school or not.

Also, the sister will be of the nagging type. She has her own ability but rarely actually does anything. She will complain about the main character being out all night with a girl and not properly hiding his abilities. She also sometimes stalks the lobby of the mansion to make sure he doesn't sneak out. Though I'd figure that kind of character would be annoying for readers.

You could do it at any age really. Middle school or high school. To circumvent the first meeting you can write it that it happened when they were kids or younger. Then have it go back to them in the future/present.

So the sister will know about the other girl, rather than the brother hiding it?

Happy Thanksgiving to my brothers of the North, I'm out for the night, have a good one guys.

Good ngiht. Have fun sleeping in your igloo.

360pages

You could do it at any age really. Middle school or high school. To circumvent the first meeting you can write it that it happened when they were kids or younger. Then have it go back to them in the future/present.

So the sister will know about the other girl, rather than the brother hiding it?

Good ngiht. Have fun sleeping in your igloo.

The other girl will most likely just drop by unannounced when he's out to much of the sister's annoyance. I don't know, I'll decide when they first meet a bit later, since it's important, but I've never been fond of flashbacks.

Zenfalcia

Nothing? I guess.

You should start making one. Write down EVERYTHING.

The other girl will most likely just drop by unannounced when he's out to much of the sister's annoyance. I don't know, I'll decide when they first meet a bit later, since it's important, but I've never been fond of flashbacks.

You can mix it up. Have him go out or have the girl sneak in. It'll have to depend on everyone's personality. Is the girl mischievous and curious? Is the boy prim and proper and this girl is changing his look on the world? Or is he secretly very childish inside despite a mature persona? The list goes on.

Sure. You don't have to do it. It just limits what you can do.

360pages

You should start making one. Write down EVERYTHING.

You can mix it up. Have him go out or have the girl sneak in. It'll have to depend on everyone's personality. Is the girl mischievous and curious? Is the boy prim and proper and this girl is changing his look on the world? Or is he secretly very childish inside despite a mature persona? The list goes on.

Sure. You don't have to do it. It just limits what you can do.

Well, I'm writing down all possible outlines. It could be the same summer and a weird event happens they are both present for. As a result something happens and the girl tells him to meet back up with him again so they can solve it.

He hesitates at first but decides do go through with it, they solve the case that night and they part ways. Then schools starts and she ends up being the transfer student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom