• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna go back to Ground Zeroes tonight.
Heres to you Nicola and Bart.

Have we discussed any issue with the original 30 dollar price tag?

I think we touched on it once. Lemme consult an official opinion:
7336.png

Xux

30 bucks seems kinda cheap for the prologue to what looks like an absolute miracle of entertainment like The Phantom Pain.

Alfebit

Banned
Heres to you Nicola and Bart.

Yeah, I think we did. I bought it on sale for about $18 and it was well worth it. I'd even say I'd pay full price if it wasn't on sale at the time.

30 bucks seems kinda cheap for the prologue to what looks like an absolute miracle of entertainment like The Phantom Pain.

Plenty of content, I was happy with it. I've payed much more or less

But you guys are fans of the series, and you love it. Some people who are not fanboys do not feel that their (sometimes $40) purchase was justified. I feel I got my money's worth, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't going to buy it anyway.

Guys, did you know that the power of friendship is super good and stuff. It can do anything!
I beat the P4 side story.
I'm 75% through it and I'm really liking the changes they made from P4A, the ability to choose who you want to fight with when the situations arise is great. The fact you are not constantly retreading the same events over and over is also a huge improvement

I hope with TPP we get a full fleshed out realization of the Fox engine. I saw that price tag for that content as a down payment for MGS Big Boss goodness.
Oh of course. It's more than worth it for any MGS fan.
But you guys are fans of the series, and you love it. Some people who are not fanboys do not feel that their (sometimes $40) purchase was justified. I feel I got my money's worth, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't going to buy it anyway.
Yup, though: The type of stealth in GZ is already my favorite stealth game ever. Just GZ.

So that's something.

Alfebit

Banned
Ground Zeroes was my first Metal Gear Solid game and I bought it at full price. Was nice imo.

If you haven't already, pick up the HD collection. Do it.

This. I love the shit out of MGS so it was no question for me, but I wouldn't recommend paying full price unless you're already a huge fan.

Where was it 40 dollars?

I don't recall seeing any outlet seeing the game at $40. No one would pay that for any game that's built around one map.

Wouldnt shin pepsi just be coke??? Or is pepsi shin coke???

Coke is Big Boss. Pepsi is Solid Snake.

I'm 75% through it and I'm really liking the changes they made from P4A, the ability to choose who you want to fight with when the situations arise is great. The fact you are not constantly retreading the same events over and over is also a huge improvement

It's a big step up from the P4A story mode. Although, they can tone it down with the friendship and "Yu is cool" stuff. Also, I find it hilarious that you can have a CPU fight your battles for you. Apparently hiting AAAAA is too hard for Persona fans.

#avoidthedebate

I don't even care about that. I just care about Paul Marketing.

I would totally play an Ace Attourney style game where you have to do research on how to make the most money by exploiting your customers, after which you have to present this to the board of directors, trying to sway them into going with your decisions over those of your good guy rival.

I know were joking but aren't we aready doing that

His plan is already set in motion!

Alfebit

Banned
I only have an Xbox One and Wii U.

Dang. If only that MGS Collection 2014 was actually all the games on current gen instead of a hilarious clothing line.

Where was it 40 dollars?

I don't recall seeing any outlet seeing the game at $40. No one would pay that for any game that's built around one map.

It was originally $40, but they dropped the price to $30 before launch.

sjay1994

Wouldnt shin pepsi just be coke??? Or is pepsi shin coke???

Thats what I figured.

In the next P4 spinoff Swagakami and crew go back into the tv again to reclaim a pepsi can. The shadow of pepsi is coke. Pepsi has always wanted to be coke.

Pepsi must face its true self.

Gaining its persona,

pepsi-true-copy-size-598.jpg

It's a big step up from the P4A story mode. Although, they can tone it down with the friendship and "Yu is cool" stuff. Also, I find it hilarious that you can have a CPU fight your battles for you. Apparently hiting AAAAA is too hard for Persona fans.
Isn't P4AU a $60 visual novel, with cool animated fights?

Holding down a button to use a skill is a hilarious newbie tactic, imo. I haven't seen anyone use it at all. Also P4A story was awful to go through and I'm not sure how I managed to do it in like 4 days.

Thats what I figured.

In the next P4 spinoff Swagakami and crew go back into the tv again to reclaim a pepsi can. The shadow of pepsi is coke. Pepsi has always wanted to be coke.

Pepsi must face its true self.

Gaining its persona,

pepsi-true-copy-size-598.jpg
What the fuck is that!?

Where was it 40 dollars?

Coke is Big Boss. Pepsi is Solid Snake.
... I payed 40 dollars for it cause EBgames did not get it and Superstore/Loblaws were being shits

I refuse this premise and ask that they ramp up the power of friendship and "yu is cool" stuff.

Holding down a button to use a skill is a hilarious newbie tactic, imo. I haven't seen anyone use it at all. Also P4A story was awful to go through and I'm not sure how I managed to do it in like 4 days.

More like a $60 rip off. What kind of VN doesn't have H-Scenes? 0/10. Unplayable.

And yeah, that hold A system is dumb as hell.

I refuse this premise and ask that they ramp up the power of friendship and "yu is cool" stuff.

No, I need Persona to be as grim, dark, edgy, and mature as I am.

More like a $60 rip off. What kind of VN doesn't have H-Scenes? 0/10. Unplayable.

And yeah, that hold A system is dumb as hell.
Wait, you missed the H-scenes? Well no wonder you're dissatisfied. It's like Destiny, you have to read them on your computer out of the game.

Inb4 lewd

Another bullshit "this thing has no sugar, calories, etc BUT IT TASTES LIKE COLA GUYS. TRUST US GUYS!"

Its nothing but a throne of lies sat on by the cola kings.
Is this only in the US? I've never seen it before and I thought it was Pepsi Lime.
Pepsi lime is pretty good

Squishy3

I can just mash A and win every fight too. What the fuck is this bullshit

I know it can't be intentional, or maybe it is, but Yu being so similar to "you" is hilarious.

Honestly, it's looped back around for me at this point, and I now want everything to end with a giant laser made of friendship. I don't know if it was mlp with its whole "friendship is literally a superpower that lets you shoot rainbow lasers" thing, or Gurren Lagann, or Persona, but however it happened I am now violently obsessed with the power of love/friendship being not only the key to victory but a tangible weapon. Actually, it was Scott Pilgrim. Power of Understanding/Self-Respect as a flaming katana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom