• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'd like it please.
Here ya go.
ms23q38.jpg
It is being sent right now.
I'll pm the code once I'm done scratching the silver off.

Zenfalcia

I thought about that, but I do think the idea of a rumor of a killer coming true rather then an actual killer is kind of scary. Maybe make something that feeds of paranoia and lies. All those snide remarks and comment made behind someone's back becomes life.

As for one offs, I'm not sure. The cast would mostly consist of a nagging sister that rarely does anything and our two leads. I wouldn't mind spicing up the cast somewhat. But I can see why it wouldn't be needed.

I guess if I add anymore to the group depends on how much I feel the two leads can carry the story on their abilities alone.

An idea is a killer that doesn't exist and only exists depends on how much people believe the rumour. Mix in some deaths were merely accidents which causes the belief of the rumour to fluctuate.

It can help spice up some events, like one person hears about there previous deeds and want them to find an item or do something.

This is a short book right? or a fairly long book? you mentioned the number of words but I didn't really think about number of pages..

Alright, you owe me 50 cents if it doesn't work.
lol :p
I guess I'll just have to go hungry that day...

I just seen it. It's cute, I guess.

40 bucks for the game? Get out of here!

Shit will be on sale sooner or later. I gotta Bayo/Korra/Rebirth/Winter sale/Moar figures to pay for.

360pages

An idea is a killer that doesn't exist and only exists depends on how much people believe the rumour. Mix in some deaths were merely accidents which causes the belief of the rumour to fluctuate.

It can help spice up some events, like one person hears about there previous deeds and want them to find an item or do something.

This is a short book right? or a fairly long book? you mentioned the number of words but I didn't really think about number of pages..

It's a minimum of 50,000. If I can get more in then I will. I'll just keep typing even if I'm only halfway done my bucket list when I reached the requirement.

I think that's around 125-175 pages worth of story.

The two characters that going to be added is a shy girl that is going to gain the unused ability that I don't put on my Female lead. (Either the insect thing or gravity) Who is also another Half-breed that hid her abilities in the same school.

An eccentric guy who I haven't even decided his ability yet.

(These characters are the closest to just concepts and can be scraped at any time,)

What was the name of that song Pat was saying he listened to so much his neighbors got annoyed

Go Straight by Yuzo Koshiro Edit:" Better quality video
Wow, MMX is a short game. I already beat all the mavericks and got all the armor upgrades. Now I just need to grab 3 Heart Tanks and an E-Tank.

I find myself replaying it in a couple hours when I have free time pretty often. Sigma stages really kill your momentum though.

Zenfalcia

Thanks, a ton. Didn't want to go all the way to gamestop for one.

I haven't heard of this till now.. Now should I go to a gamestop just for this.. Very tempted to.
Even though I don't have pokemon x/y

It's a minimum of 50,000. If I can get more in then I will. I'll just keep typing even if I'm only halfway done my bucket list when I reached the requirement.

I think that's around 125-175 pages worth of story.

The two characters that going to be added is a shy girl that is going to gain the unused ability that I don't put on my Female lead. (Either the insect thing or gravity) Who is also another Half-breed that hid her abilities in the same school.

An eccentric guy who I haven't even decided his ability yet.

(These characters are the closest to just concepts and can be scraped at any time,)

Very short story. Let me tell you now. Don't bother writing more than 2 scenarios (one is intro of the characters and other is the main "plot" for the story). You're not going to fit it all while keeping the reader interested. Unless you plan to make make it like one book with several books crammed into it.

Try to keep the cast small. You could add more people but that would require you to make the short story into a novel.

Edit: could 150-ish pages be even called a short story?

360pages

I haven't heard of this till now.. Now should I go to a gamestop just for this.. Very tempted to.
Even though I don't have pokemon x/y

Very short story. Let me tell you now. Don't bother writing more than 2 scenarios (one is intro of the characters and other is the main "plot" for the story). You're not going to fit it all while keeping the reader interested. Unless you plan to make make it like one book with several books crammed into it.

Try to keep the cast small. You could add more people but that would require you to make the short story into a novel.

Maybe, I'll just let the sister be the third wheel, and keep the cast at three like that. I don't mind writing a whole novel, but you know one month and all. Plus I get an auto printed copy sent to me if I do managed to reach the requirements, and nothing would be worse if I reach the word count and my story is half done so I get a printed half done book to show off to no one.

So I just got back from visiting home from college (freshman year) and finally will have hours at a time to just argue with you fuckers again, but godDAMN do I miss my family here.

Zenfalcia

Maybe, I'll just let the sister be the third wheel, and keep the cast at three like that. I don't mind writing a whole novel, but you know one month and all. Plus I get an auto printed copy sent to me if I do managed to reach the requirements, and nothing would be worse if I reach the word count and my story is half done so I get a printed half done book to show off to no one.

Is there a maximum number of words?

So I just got back from visiting home from college (freshman year) and finally will have hours at a time to just argue with you fuckers again, but godDAMN do I miss my family here.

Missing your family at college? Or missing your
friender
family here?

Oh silly, we are your family AND your frienders.

In all seriousness though, homesickness isn't at all easy to deal with. It should get better for you though, don't worry.

360pages

Is there a maximum number of words?

friender
family here?

No maximum, it can be as long as possible. Though I'm not sure if they are sending paper back copies of the story this year. Either way the only limit is the time limit. Which is 30 days starting from November 1. All of this is pretty much just setting up outlines and what not.

friender
family here?

...Yes.

Oh silly, we are your family AND your frienders.

In all seriousness though, homesickness isn't at all easy to deal with. It should get better for you though, don't worry.

Oh, I can deal with it easy enough, and they're not THAT far away.

So back into the discussion. Super hype for 10/10 Bayonetta 2. On the controversy: Men as both sex icons and strong/serious is a concept that's been around forever, and true equality would dictate that women can get the same treatment without it being sexist. It's obviously not the exact same given the context, but more characters like Bayonetta is good for games. I would argue that the most common form of video game sexism is having the women be nothing but a reward for a male main character, and Bayonetta is an exact counter to that. Some more subdued female characters would be nice, but overall we're headed the right direction.
Thoughts?

Zenfalcia

No maximum, it can be as long as possible. Though I'm not sure if they are sending paper back copies of the story this year. Either way the only limit is the time limit. Which is 30 days starting from November 1. All of this is pretty much just setting up outlines and what not.

Ok. Do you have an idea how the characters and the setting will look? Even have a visual rough map of where events can take place that makes sense just for the sake of continuity and would help you plan for future things to happen. It could help? Maybe i'm thinking too much on a manga level. Been reading too much manga, but hey books and manga can cross over.

Fine be that way.
I know you miss us

Getting 404 errors on these links, so I think they got pulled or the links changed.

Is the Playstation TV worth it?
Not really. Its got a lower price point, but the limited game support and Vita memory card price make it a hard sell right now. If someone comes out with a native PS TV hack that allows flash/external hard drive support, I'll buy one in an instant.

360pages

Ok. Do you have an idea how the characters and the setting will look? Even have a visual rough map of where events can take place that makes sense just for the sake of continuity and would help you plan for future things to happen. It could help? Maybe i'm thinking too much on a manga level. Been reading too much manga, but hey books and manga can cross over.

Takes place in a somewhat large town, but smaller then a city. A place where you can walk too most place, but it might take an hour or so. A place where not a lot of crime happens and people are rather nice.

There are still large buildings and towers and what not, but it's not a hustle and bustling city by any means.

Often times, during the night the main characters are completely alone in the city at night. With very few people around or out during the time, at least when during the events.

I had to finally look up that "one" scene in berserk.
Oh rapehorse...
Rapehorse don't play yo!

Also I might get in on that nanowrimo thing. Have had some stories and concepts milling about in my head for a while now, so this might be just the thing to pull me back in.

A-also it's not like 360pages' fervor for writing inspired me or anything... B-baka!

Oberon

Banned
So it's decided. Tomorrow I will start watching Monster and SAO.
I will of course give you guys update on that
it doesn't matter if you don't care, I will do it anyway.

Good night everyone!

My real family. They love me. You guys just think my username is cool.

You'll wonder why we hate it so much.
Until Yui shows up.
Ouch, shots fired! At least you're honest! Still, well cling to you like a woman to an abusive boyfriend.

also Fuck Yui and everything about her. Just the absolute worst character ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom