• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

Woolie's gf playing a Maximum the Hormone song you're a lucky man Woolie

Woolie modeling...
your Gf is a lucky woman (I'm joking don't hate me)
...but now my eyes are scarred...

360pages

God damn, I've been working on some of the ideas for what I'm going to write, and I actually managed to make some quotes for the first three characters!

Character Quotes.

Armin Klaus:

"Man, what a weird night tonight...no matter what you say, it snowing in the middle of summer is weird,"

"I'd rather not use violence, though I'll make an exception this time...not that it will make much of a difference,"

"Geez, I'd rather be sitting down watching TV or something rather then being out here risking my life, can't do much about that,"

"D-don't tell anyone you've seen me. Actually conveniently develop amnesia and forget you saw me at all!"

"Man...sure they tried to kill me, but leaving them like that even makes me feel a little sorry for them. I guess I can call an ambulance for them..."

To Sasha Flint.

"I'm kind of in a rush...really sorry about that teacher!"

To Lucia lnes

"You're part Mexican right...I said that right, right? um...I actually wouldn't mind learning Spanish,"

"I don't know why I'm always dragged along with you to places, though I would be lying if I said I wasn't having fun..."

"What? You eat your steak medium rare? Aren't you afraid of worms? Plus well done is the best, dried meat has a certain flavor to it!"

To Adelheid Klaus.

"I know you don't want me sneaking out, but there really is something I need to take care of,"

"I'll let you handle all the paper work while mom and dad are gone. Sure it will take a few hours, but it's not like you have any thing better to do!"

"You know, you should relax more. Being class president is impressive, but I don't you like just be admired from afar,"

Adelheid Klaus:

"Really, such a sickening display, I think my quality of life had decreased just by being around you,"

"Forcing me to do this? Really? Why not do 100 laps around the school, think about what you've done,"

"Unacceptable, if there is one thing that I cannot stand is those who would wish to bring harm to my family,"

"Ah yes...sitting on a sofa sipping tea, truly I am the very definition of a lady!"

To Armin Klaus.

"That excuse again? As I recall your friend's grandfather died four times now!"

"Hmm, what a shame, you probably think as me as some kind of awful sister...I promise you I'm simply strict because it's the only way to reach you,"

"Again, you go out...I wouldn't mind so much if you invite me once in awhile..."

To Lucia lnes

"Hmm, you have proven to me that my brother has rather poor taste in women. Why couldn't it have been a princess, or maybe an elegant designer...instead he hangs around with the most troublesome person of them all!"

Lucia lnes.

"A mystery is afoot! Well, might as well try to solve it!"

"Okay! perfect! Maybe when I get some free time I can go to the park, I can actually work out a bit!"

"I wonder if I should take up swimming? I guess I play too many sports as is..."

"No good, I can't sit still for too long! Man, why can't summer just never end! It's a lot more enjoyable then just sitting at a desk listening to people talk!"

To Armin Klaus

"Yep, yep, my mom was from Mexico, and my dad was the Alter...I inherited most of my looks from my mom as you can tell! Anyway, if you want to learn a bit of Spanish I'll help you out when we aren't investigating this weird stuff,"

"Hey...despite being put in some pretty awful situations, I'm having a lot of fun solving these with you...once this is over want to head to the amusement park or catch a movie!"

"Blegh, Well done! At that point you're just eating a burnt piece of meat! Medium rare, is a perfect blend, not too slimy but not too burnt, the perfect flavor. At this point Armin...you are just flat out wrong!"

Zenfalcia

God damn, I've been working on some of the ideas for what I'm going to write, and I actually managed to make some quotes for the first three characters!

What sort of personalities does each character have? For the brother, I can't really determine his personality, besides normal. Sister does not fit her personality of a princess, which is how I envision her to be. The new girl just sounds like a teen girl.. I'm feeling some samey-ness between her and the brother. Perhaps that's just me.

You might want to change up your diction to make their personality fit. Instead of the sister using probably, she sounds like she'd be more sure of herself and perceive everything she says is right. Even take away conjunctions when the sister talks because it's "unlady-like".

360pages

What sort of personalities does each character have? For the brother, I can't really determine his personality, besides normal. Sister does not fit her personality of a princess, which is how I envision her to be. The new girl just sounds like a teen girl.. I'm feeling some samey-ness between her and the brother. Perhaps that's just me.

You might want to change up your diction to make their personality fit. Instead of the sister using probably, she sounds like she'd be more sure of herself and perceive everything she says is right. Even take away conjunctions when the sister talks because it's "unlady-like".

I thought about taking away conjunctions for her. But perhaps that would have been too proper.

As for the brother...hm, I kind of wanted him to give him a lazy like personality, even in stressful situations he kind of keeps a layabout attitude. Though I guess the quotes do need a lot more context and individual flavor for each of them.

I wanted the new girl to be a kind of hyperactive fitness person, though I didn't want to make it too extreme.

Zenfalcia

I thought about taking away conjunctions for her. But perhaps that would have been too proper.

As for the brother...hm, I kind of wanted him to give him a lazy like personality, even in stressful situations he kind of keeps a layabout attitude. Though I guess the quotes do need a lot more context and individual flavor for each of them.

I wanted the new girl to be a kind of hyperactive fitness person, though I didn't want to make it too extreme.

Some suggestions:

It'll be better if the sister is too proper. That's what her personality is, right?

Sometimes the brother doesn't talk but uses gestures more? Like a shrug or says very little due to him not wanting to expend too much energy.

You can always edit it later if it's too extreme. At least it'll portray her personality of energetic. If she's energetic she might have be very emotive and talks a lot but with simple words such as nice and pretty instead of using words such as beautiful and fantastic. She might even cut into people's sentences for added personality of impatience.

360pages

Some suggestions:

It'll be better if the sister is too proper. That's what her personality is, right?

Sometimes the brother doesn't talk but uses gestures more? Like a shrug or says very little due to him not wanting to expend too much energy.

You can always edit it later if it's too extreme. At least it'll portray her personality of energetic. If she's energetic she might have be very emotive and talks a lot but with simple words such as nice and pretty instead of using words such as beautiful and fantastic. She might even cut into people's sentences for added personality of impatience.

I see what you mean, well I haven't even started writing yet. So I better get all the info I can while I'm here. Might delete the quotes and redo them somewhat, I do think the best is the little sisters if I edit them.

11092837605_08e512175d_m.jpg
I really dislike Honest Trailers, but I guess the reasons I dislike them are the joke. So I don't really complain.

ultimax

After messing around with the PS TV for a few hours, i was kinda surprised.
Persona 4 golden looks really good on it, so does muramasa

PSP versions of persona 1, 2, and 3 looked good also. at least better than how i thought they would look

And PS1 games look like ass which isnt surprising. they dont even humor you with a full screen option lol.

croten

I'm listening to the podcast now and jesus christ getting them, or anyone, to talk about time travel leads to the best conversations

Liam and Matt are wrong by the way, no victims if the timeline doesn't exist.

360pages

Also got a short concept of how the story plays out.

1. Fog on a sunny day.

2. Buildings that are bigger on the inside.

(A new characters starts searching with them)

3. Rumor of a killer coming true.

4 Sasha Flint is actually a member of the Alter investigation team and confront our heroes

(A new character starts searching with them)

5. Summer once again! Time goes back to the summer where they first met

6. Nightmares are real.

7. The moon stays red until the blood of those in town are drained. Stop the culprit!

Zenfalcia

Also got a short concept of how the story plays out.

You don't have to add people to help searching with them. You can have new people just for one "event" who never join them for others and maybe even revisit them in the future.

Will people be dying in this? You could do an event of a murder mystery.

360pages

You don't have to add people to help searching with them. You can have new people just for one "event" who never join them for others and maybe even revisit them in the future.

Will people be dying in this? You could do an event of a murder mystery.

I thought about that, but I do think the idea of a rumor of a killer coming true rather then an actual killer is kind of scary. Maybe make something that feeds of paranoia and lies. All those snide remarks and comment made behind someone's back becomes life.

As for one offs, I'm not sure. The cast would mostly consist of a nagging sister that rarely does anything and our two leads. I wouldn't mind spicing up the cast somewhat. But I can see why it wouldn't be needed.

I guess if I add anymore to the group depends on how much I feel the two leads can carry the story on their abilities alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom