• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

You and I have just become bitter rivals.

I will defend the show ending to my grave.
Well I didnt hate the ending of the show but I felt it was too confusing. Like was it just a more ambiguous version of the movies ending?
Ok that makes things a bit less confusing.
I've been meaning to get around to Eva for a while now and hearing them talk about it more on the podcast piqued my interest, I'll start it after I finish this last part of Bug Island

Yup Eva it is
If my reactions to the series mean anything youll be in for a wild ride.

So I've spent the last couple hours putting together a Youtube playlist of my favorite game music. Thoughts? Definitely not done yet, but definitely getting to the point where I'm slowing down a bit, so most of my absolute favorites are there.
I'll check it out when I get home.

In other music news, I nearly have 1000 songs in my Spotify account. Neat.
The movie ending personally. The show ending was a bit too ambiguous and confusing but I loved the visuals more in the shows ending.
You chose the right choice.

Shackzam

How acceptable is EVA's dub? Because I like to play videogames and watch shit simultaneously, and with some stuff that just isn't an option like JoJo or Ippo, but with other stuff it's the only way I can watch it because I'd never give it the time otherwise, like the third Transformers movie or the Walking Dead.
Season 1 of ippo is in English. It's pretty good.

How acceptable is EVA's dub? Because I like to play videogames and watch shit simultaneously, and with some stuff that just isn't an option like JoJo or Ippo, but with other stuff it's the only way I can watch it because I'd never give it the time otherwise, like the third Transformers movie or the Walking Dead.
Talking about Eva and dubs? Are you trying to summon the Spirit Aaron from that time he got banished to hell for posting a watermarked image?

It's fine. Spike Spencer's screams as Shinji are more recognizable to me than the original Japanese VA at this point, and it's always fun trying to spot him in other roles and how much he plays against that type (it made NieR's english cast even better with him as Tyrann).

I think I liked the original ending of Evangelion better. Even if it was cryptic as hell. EoE is still good. They're like 2 halves of a whole. I just happen to like the OG ending slightly more.

So I've spent the last couple hours putting together a Youtube playlist of my favorite game music. Thoughts? Definitely not done yet, but definitely getting to the point where I'm slowing down a bit, so most of my absolute favorites are there.

So far it's pretty good. I'm hoping to see 70% of the Persona songs when it's done.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Get Go Straight and City Escape in there and you've got yourself a playlist.

City Escape is possible, definitely, but I'm not as huge a fan of Go Straight as everyone else seems to be. :lol It IS great, though.

You got obscure stuff, as well as the best things ever. Throw in Misterious Destiny

Yeah, I was kinda trying for a good balance of obscure and well-known. I play a loooot of games, so my favorite tracks come from all sorts of weird games. :lol And I'll give that track a listen for sure. Thanks! EDIT: Shit, it's that Bayo track. :lol Just didn't know it by name. Yeah that's a good one. Maybe not a favorite, but it's great. Also reminds me I need to get back to my second playthrough of Bayo 1 eventually.

Where's the Madworld or Anarchy Reigns?

Was never really enamored with any of Madworld's tracks, but I'm sure I could put an Anarchy Reigns track in there.

Where's the Madworld or Anarchy Reigns?
Put your life on the line to survive.
This game of death, you must thrive.
Stay clear because the world is mine.
And the right fist backs every word in my lines.

One of the better dubs. I watched it dubbed and then switched to subs. It's about as good either way.

True, but it was a major theme over all.

But I also doubt Terra Formers themes is about racism at all, and more about people fighting monsters. Which goes back to the question of why he even designed the Cockroaches like that at all?

I know he probably didn't mean to be offensive, but maybe you know, you could have an editor or some one say. (Dude this might be a little racist,) I mean that is why we have editors and beta readers for EVERYTHING cut some stuff out, is it offensive? Does it need to look/ be like that. If no, then change/ cut that shit.

It might sound like some petty work and what not, but as long as it's not plot crucial or important to the character then you can change it. (I fail to see the point of the Cockroaches looking vaguely African American have anything to do with the plot,)

Then again, this is why we have editors, because trust me. Rarely is your first draft your best draft and getting other peoples opinions might help you catch something that doesn't make sense plot wise or could be offensive and change it.

When the author of Naruto is more self aware and conscious of the different races around the world and portrays them better, there really isn't an excuse for it.

I personally didn't think they looked like black people at all until Village pointed it out. I still think it's mostly an unfortunate coincidence of the color that cockroaches are, and back when it was a black and white manga it would have been even easier not to make the connection. My first thought was that they looked like the colossal titan mixed with the apes from planet of the apes.

Nice set with variety. Any additions I could suggest, especially along the lines of obscure stuff would be some Armored Core tracks. Stuff like Artificial Sky, Silent Line, or Autobahn. And of course "9".

So... I got bored of waiting for Bug Island to wind up on the site and holy shit I forgot how much better Youtube's player is than the site's player.

360pages

I personally didn't think they looked like black people at all until Village pointed it out. I still think it's mostly an unfortunate coincidence of the color that cockroaches are, and back when it was a black and white manga it would have been even easier not to make the connection. My first thought was that they looked like the colossal titan mixed with the apes from planet of the apes.

That is a shame, but you really can't blame people for being a little peeved about it, (I don't think the author was rubbing his hands together wondering how racist he could be,) But at the same time he should be more aware since popular Manga. (Naruto, Bleach,) have made it a point to diversify the cast quite a bit as well as making them major parts of the cast and somewhat important characters. (When they're not it's more due to shit writing, "poor Chad")

To just say let it slide because it was a mistake isn't very fair to the authors that actually try, point it out and hope he can correct it for next time. Hell a simple color edit for them probably would have made it far less noticeable.

I'm expecting the entire Hotline Miami OST on it. Twice. And other songs, made by the same artists, but not featured on the OST.

I love the Hotline Miami soundtrack, and what it has done for my Spotify.

Oh, and Super Meat Boy and the Binding of Isaac. And Risk of Rain. And Mighty Switch Force. And Resogun.

Respect the indies.

The first time I heard Heavenly Star I ended up putting it on repeat for like two hours. :lol

I think I've done that with every NMH song.

Also, I don't think it really fits your playlist, but all of Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill music is prudy good. It's still the one good part about Homecoming.
I'm expecting the entire Hotline Miami OST on it. Twice. And other songs, made by the same artists, but not featured on the OST.

Oh, and Super Meat Boy and the Binding of Isaac. And Risk of Rain. And Mighty Switch Force. And Resogun.

Respect the indies.

All of those are legit choices too. VGM is 2stronk.

Anything Jake Kaufman is hype.

Zenfalcia

Update: I'm only 4 tracks away from syncing all of them.. hurray and at the same time.. i wish someone could do them for me. Oh well. Gonna try to release a version tonight.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh thank god I wasn't the only one.

And man, AC4 and 4A. Even if they aren't my favorite Armored Core games, they sure got some great tracks.

Yeah, they really do. Especially 4A. So much different than you'd expect from an AC game.

Respect the indies.

Fuck, how did I forget to put this track from Risk of Rain on there? Thanks for the reminder! It's one of my absolute favorite tracks of recent times.

I think I've done that with every NMH song.

Also, I don't think it really fits your playlist, but all of Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill music is prudy good. It's still the one good part about Homecoming.

Shit, how did I forget to put Promise and Overdose Delusion on there. Those two tracks actually got me through a rough time several years ago. Thanks!

My friend just told me he never really bought a copy of Senran Kagura for me. Instead he used the money I gave him to go towards his own copy of Evil Within on "accident." Now I'm sad.

Zenfalcia

My friend just told me he never really bought a copy of Senran Kagura for me. Instead he used the money I gave him to go towards his own copy of Evil Within on "accident." Now I'm sad.

Sounds like you have a great "friend". How do you accidentally use up someone elses money? Was it digital? Or he went in person? I hope he pays you back or something.

360pages

You guys really need to watch Dragon Ball, I don't care if it's 100+ Episodes, hell you can look at the first 13 and see if you like it or not (Even though the fights get better from there) It's like hunterxhunter, starts off Slow, but each arc just gets better and better.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, and one more recommendation from my list. This track here from Yuzo Koshiro. It's one of his lesser known tracks (so unknown that before I uploaded it, it didn't exist on Youtube at all). It was his first time working with CD audio, and it's SO DAMN GOOD. Doesn't fit the game it's in at all, but fuck that it's Koshiro, the man can do whatever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom