• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Find out in the next episode of Attack on Titan Z: Frieza defeated!

/dead

This guy.

At this rate, it'll take the same amount of actual time for Naruto to timeskip for Eren to get in that goddamn basement. Seriously. Several seasons are going to pass before they get there.

It'll be while before the author even goes back there. I'm assuming all the answers are there that's why he can't reveal it so early.

I don't think the author even remember the basement subplot.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesnt. Who knows.

Oh, and one more recommendation from my list. This track here from Yuzo Koshiro. It's one of his lesser known tracks (so unknown that before I uploaded it, it didn't exist on Youtube at all). It was his first time working with CD audio, and it's SO DAMN GOOD. Doesn't fit the game it's in at all, but fuck that it's Koshiro, the man can do whatever he wants.

I see you've got some Earthbound in that playlist. But no You've Come Far Ness or The Sky Runner or Kraken of the Sea or Because I Love You? What about the Won-Stoppable 100 and 101?

Shit, how did I forget to put Promise and Overdose Delusion on there. Those two tracks actually got me through a rough time several years ago. Thanks!
Now you've sent me on a complete distraction where I listen to every Silent Hill soundtrack again. Lol.
My friend just told me he never really bought a copy of Senran Kagura for me. Instead he used the money I gave him to go towards his own copy of Evil Within on "accident." Now I'm sad.
That's fucking horrible and sounds super intentional. I'm sorry to hear that.
Oh, and one more recommendation from my list. This track here from Yuzo Koshiro. It's one of his lesser known tracks (so unknown that before I uploaded it, it didn't exist on Youtube at all). It was his first time working with CD audio, and it's SO DAMN GOOD. Doesn't fit the game it's in at all, but fuck that it's Koshiro, the man can do whatever he wants.
*agreement nod* That song was really fucking good, thanks.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I see you've got some Earthbound in that playlist. But no You've Come Far Ness or The Sky Runner or Kraken of the Sea or Because I Love You? What about the Won-Stoppable 100 and 101?

Look if I didn't limit myself to a couple tracks, the entire Earthbound OST would be on there. :lol

Now you've sent me on a complete distraction where I listen to every Silent Hill soundtrack again. Lol.

That's fucking horrible and sounds super intentional. I'm sorry to hear that.

*agreement nod* That song is really fucking good.

Hey, there's worse things you could do than listen to Akira Yamaoka. :lol

And yeah, Koshiro track is SUPER good.

2 chapter of evil within is all I can handle for the night. The sound direction in that game is too silent hill for me to be wearing headphones with .__.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, it does, but to be honest I haven't ever really gotten into Fire Emblem yet (I plan to, just as soon as I can find a cheap copy of Awakening. Sooooo never then. >.>)

And also did you guys know Trauma Team has fucking amazing music? Seriously.

Fire emblem awakenning went on sale before smash came out. 10$ cheaper or something. I got it and i love it.

Do you have any altelier songs on the list? Sorry i cant check it on mobile.

I'll post some examples when i get on my computer.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fire emblem awakenning went on sale before smash came out. 10$ cheaper or something. I got it and i love it.

Do you have any altelier songs on the list? Sorry i cant check it on mobile.

I'll post some examples when i get on my computer.

Never played any Atelier games, so nah, I don't.

(I do WANT to play them, though. Just haven't yet.)

Eva ep 1 down, yeah that was a set up episode all right, was that really the best colour they could have gone with for unit 1? or is there some deep meaning behind the purple? Just being a dick and nit picking because there isn't much to say its the first episode after all

main theme is great but everyone already knows that

Eva ep 1 down, yeah that was a set up episode all right, was that really the best colour they could have gone with for unit 1? or is there some deep meaning behind the purple? Just being a dick and nit picking because there isn't much to say its the first episode after all

Hehehe enjoy Shinji.

Well the other colours are orange and red. I find the purple with green highlights to work, personally.

Squishy3

No it wasn't!!! I want to see the ending to that shitstorm. NCR said there's time powers too.

What an amazing Jogo!

Yuko is best waifu, Mitsuru if you're good enough to handle her swag.
I assume by Ray's time powers he means Ray's ability to change the future where everyone makes it off the island.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I assume by Ray's time powers he means Ray's ability to change the future where everyone makes it off the island.
Is that an ending? I wanted a better ending.
iTNWtoK.jpg

TIME POWERS!
Like this one.

Kuroko Ep 19

Aomine's such a bastard. I hope Kuroko and Kagami can recover from this game and face Tohou in the finals and whoop that ass.

That is a shame, but you really can't blame people for being a little peeved about it, (I don't think the author was rubbing his hands together wondering how racist he could be,) But at the same time he should be more aware since popular Manga. (Naruto, Bleach,) have made it a point to diversify the cast quite a bit as well as making them major parts of the cast and somewhat important characters. (When they're not it's more due to shit writing, "poor Chad")

To just say let it slide because it was a mistake isn't very fair to the authors that actually try, point it out and hope he can correct it for next time. Hell a simple color edit for them probably would have made it far less noticeable.
I really do think it was an oversight more than anything. There is, after all, a multi-ethnic group of super soldiers that includes someone from future-china and rather than just being ignorant about other cultures, Japan actually hates China with a passion.

Besides, the bug-people are just an unstoppable karmic force who keep turning out to be more and more cultured and intelligent. The real bad guys are back on earth pulling strings and fucking everyone over.

Although it is regrettable that there are no coloured people among the good guys and it's ok to point that out, a knee-jerk reaction like Village's that just boiled down to him shouting 'you're wrong and I'm right because I have the moral high ground shut up' is just as regrettable.

Just be positive and praise the people who do write a diverse roster of characters. MLK didn't get so far by yelling 'Fuck you', instead he said 'let's work together ands form a positive example and let's cultivate more of those positive examples until we reach the point where it is no longer needed to set an example at all.'

I like Unit 01s colors...

360pages

I really do think it was an oversight more than anything. There is, after all, a multi-ethnic group of super soldiers that includes someone from future-china and rather than just being ignorant about other cultures, Japan actually hates China with a passion.

Besides, the bug-people are just an unstoppable karmic force who keep turning out to be more and more cultured and intelligent. The real bad guys are back on earth pulling strings and fucking everyone over.

Although it is regrettable that there are no coloured people among the good guys and it's ok to point that out, a knee-jerk reaction like Village's that just boiled down to him shouting 'you're wrong and I'm right because I have the moral high ground shut up' is just as regrettable.

Just be positive and praise the people who do write a diverse roster of characters. MLK didn't get so far by yelling 'Fuck you', instead he said 'let's work together ands form a positive example and let's cultivate more of those positive examples until we reach the point where it is no longer needed to set an example at all.'

True, when making a point I never try to sound angry and yell. I'm happy that I can come to this conclusion. Though I hope some people can see why some people can find it uncomfortable and what not. Even if they don't agree with why it is.

Eyecatching mech colors. Hooks the people watching and solidifies the illusion of it being a normal, hype mech show.

Why is Gurren Lagann red :p
Well no wonder Trauma Team has amazing music. It was composed by the goddamn Persona sound team. Fuck yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoji_Meguro
Seriously, all your posts and everyone else's are basically me doing this. Music is my second passion next to games.
Meguro is, and will always be a god. Nocturne is the hypest soundtrack ever.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There's a bunch more shit that happens based on the Wikipedia plot summary. It's pretty fucking rad. I don't think they have much more of the game left, but who knows if they'll ever finish it.
They'll probably finish the lp when they
put up their first viewing of bible black

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously, all your posts and everyone else's are basically me doing this. Music is my second passion next to games.

Meguro is, and will always be a god. Nocturne is the hypest soundtrack ever.

Same here, so I'm glad you've been enjoying my posts! :D And yeah, Meguro is amazing. As far as Japanese VGM composers go, I'm a huge fan of Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, Noboyushi Sano, Shinji Hosoe, and especially Masafumi Takada.

And I'm also glad I've been able to take part in the thread a bit more than usual tonight. So that's awesome too. :D

Music is my life.

I am, unfortunately, away from capable internet. I would be flooding this topic with music if I was available.

I'm sure I've racked up thousands of hours on Spotify.

Zenfalcia

I thought it was kinda obvious by the 4th stage of the s.link, but I'll spoil tag it.

Kinda. But he's not that far in yet. Sorry, maybe i'm being too much of a stickler. I just want to see his reaction.
The scene with her at the end was so good. My face hurt from smiling so much.

360pages

So does anyone want to read anything else I wrote. The other story I'm writing is about 20,000 words long up to this point. Though I should get around to updating it soon since I probably won't have a lot of time to write for it when writing month appears.

Xiraiya

This pattern of Pat finally finding guns in Part 6/7 of CoC and then the Plot of Bug Island getting really hype and interesting ALSO in Part 6/7, really bums you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom