• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

This pattern of Pat finally finding guns in Part 6/7 of CoC and then the Plot of Bug Island getting really hype and interesting ALSO in Part 6/7, really bums you out.

It's like the game and the TBF are both teasing us. Just as everything picks up we're cut off.

Ep 2 down. No! I like the colour scheme for unit 1 but
without breaking Kayfabe, this is supposed to be Humanities last hope against the angels right? they mention how much these things cost in passing so why would they take the time to give them a sick action figure paint job? The units are also supposed to be top secret right? It's not for PR or anything like that. the obvious answer it because it looks cool but It just stands out as weird in universe, maybe Shinji's dad enjoys building figures as well as emotionally crippling his son. The subconscious/ unit acting on its own is cool I'm curious to see where it goes.

more importantly
yoDdPq.gif

Xiraiya

Perhaps playing through the first ~3.5 hours of a game (traditionally the slowest/least hype part) wasn't the best idea...>.>

Well it depends on the game, but I sort of agree, maybe some of the SS episodes next year, unless something important is happening, could be like "We did some stuff off camera and now we're here" since it's usually the really big 5 or 10 minute gaps of them being stuck or lost or whatever that start to worry me because there's not a whole lot of time to cover the game.

It's just that issue of every time a game is interesting, we always want a complete LP of it no matter how dumb that might end up being.

Now I must sleep.

Zenfalcia

without breaking Kayfabe, this is supposed to be Humanities last hope against the angels right? they mention how much these things cost in passing so why would they take the time to give them a sick action figure paint job? The units are also supposed to be top secret right? It's not for PR or anything like that. the obvious answer it because it looks cool but It just stands out as weird in universe, maybe Shinji's dad enjoys building figures as well as emotionally crippling his son. The subconscious/ unit acting on its own is cool I'm curious to see where it goes.

more importantly

It all makes sense now. Shinji's dad is secretly a collector of plastic mech models and only wanted to make them real. Everything else that happens is a side benefit.

Perhaps playing through the first ~3.5 hours of a game (traditionally the slowest/least hype part) wasn't the best idea...>.>

It's a nice change in pace since we can get more invested in each game rather than spread over many.

360pages

I really do think it was an oversight more than anything. There is, after all, a multi-ethnic group of super soldiers that includes someone from future-china and rather than just being ignorant about other cultures, Japan actually hates China with a passion.

Besides, the bug-people are just an unstoppable karmic force who keep turning out to be more and more cultured and intelligent. The real bad guys are back on earth pulling strings and fucking everyone over.

Although it is regrettable that there are no coloured people among the good guys and it's ok to point that out, a knee-jerk reaction like Village's that just boiled down to him shouting 'you're wrong and I'm right because I have the moral high ground shut up' is just as regrettable.

Just be positive and praise the people who do write a diverse roster of characters. MLK didn't get so far by yelling 'Fuck you', instead he said 'let's work together ands form a positive example and let's cultivate more of those positive examples until we reach the point where it is no longer needed to set an example at all.'

Protip, Americans object to this term

While the story of Naruto is kinda shit but the writing (At least in Ninja Storm 3) had a huge spike in quality during the flashback
about his parents and their deaths. Shit hit me straight in the feels.
After this, the story goes back to being garbage.

Eva ep 3
I guess I was wrong about the units being secret, I don't know where I got that idea from it must have been the military's reluctance to use them in the first episode. Now I see why people talk about Shinji screams, that Voice Actor must have destroyed his/her throat doing them, I take it there is a lot of them? They are doing a good job of build Rei up, I'm really curious to hear her story.

last episode for tonight, got work in the morning and whatnot

360pages

While the story of Naruto is kinda shit but the writing (At least in Ninja Storm 3) had a huge spike in quality during the flashback
about his parents and their deaths. Shit hit me straight in the feels.
After this, the story goes back to being garbage.

Though it was kind of messed up.
That his dad decided that meeting his mom once was more important then him having a dad throughout his entire life.

I do think the games tell the story in a more concise way while cutting out a lot of pointless stuff.

Though it was kind of messed up.
That his dad decided that meeting his mom once was more important then him having a dad throughout his entire life.

I do think the games tell the story in a more concise way while cutting out a lot of pointless stuff.

Main characters being orphans and/or abandoned children is a popular cliche in ficton. They needed an excuse for him to be alone and sad. Its so they juxtapose him later being Jesus fucking Christ at the end of the story

360pages

Main characters being orphans and/or abandoned children is a popular cliche in ficton. They needed an excuse for him to be alone and sad. Its so they juxtapose him later being Jesus fucking Christ at the end of the story

To be fair Part 1's writing used this to its advantage.

Part 1 Naruto was a complete loser that no one even cared about or was even given a chance. But after a lot of shit and actually showing what he could do he actually earned respect from his peers.

Compare the way people treated him before the Chunin exams and him during the Saskue retrieval arc near the end of part one.

He bested Kiba in front of everyone, he bested Neji in front of everyone, he actually earned the respect that was given to him in story.

Then part 2 shit on that making him jesus and crapping on a lot of the theming part 1 set up. What made Naruto part 1 so fun was that a lot of people could see themselves in him, the slacker or underdog and to see him turn something negative and what everyone hated him for (The fox) Into something positive to earn their respect was really interesting.

To be fair Part 1's writing used this to its advantage.

Part 1 Naruto was a complete loser that no one even cared about or was even given a chance. But after a lot of shit and actually showing what he could do he actually earned respect from his peers.

Compare the way people treated him before the Chunin exams and him during the Saskue retrieval arc near the end of part one.

He bested Kiba in front of everyone, he bested Neji in front of everyone, he actually earned the respect that was given to him in story.

Then part 2 shit on that making him jesus and crapping on a lot of the theming part 1 set up. What made Naruto part 1 so fun was that a lot of people could see themselves in him, the slacker or underdog and to see him turn something negative and what everyone hated him for (The fox) Into something positive to earn their respect was really interesting.

Can we agree that there are some good ideas and themes that were ruined in execution?

more importantly
yoDdPq.gif
tumblr_ly0izaFyuJ1r8058ko1_500.gif

Zenfalcia

I was gonna put a warning on it, but it's fine.
Your ears just bleed from editing, I'm sure.

It is fine.

almost half the tracks red line the audio it's crazy. 4 of them have people singing the song REALLY LOUDLY. Not going to name names, you know who you are.

JoJo94

It is fine.

almost half the tracks red line the audio it's crazy. 4 of them have people singing the song REALLY LOUDLY. Not going to name names, you know who you are.

Sorry I didn't sing more, I couldn't find time to work it in a ton cause school work. However, I do plan to do a short voice thing for the thread and any new comers just for fun...won't be singing but it'll fit the spookiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom