• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I am just kidding about this whole Onii-chan and sister thing.

I'm not serious either.
tumblr_lzlnsloBRN1qzlvmi.gif

JK
. But not really.
I don't even know anymore.

Yo, you got yourself a business opportunity then.

A guy came to my anime club when I was a teenager who tried to pitch us the idea of him starting a maid cafe in Portland. I don't think he opened it and all of us were creeped out.

I honestly don't know if I would go to one if it was opened near me, on one hand that's a fun novelty that would be fun with my weeb friends, but on the other hand it's super creepy and I don't know if the novelty would outweigh that.

croten

Goddammit Oberon and Aaron, I leave you guy's for a few hours and you descend into incest.

Seriously if a girl called me Onii-san in bed that would be that. Just no.

Emouse

All right, I just got the PC version of The Evil Within.
Trying to figure out whether I should activate the fighting chance pack I got with it. Seems to be counterproductive to what the game is trying to do.

I used it and so far just ignored the shotgun, seeing as you can't upgrade it, and you only get two shots for it anyway, the upgrade juice is probably the only thing that'll make a difference, you don't get much, enough for a couple of upgrades if I remember correctly

A guy came to my anime club when I was a teenager who tried to pitch us the idea of him starting a maid cafe in Portland. I don't think he opened it and all of us were creeped out.

I honestly don't know if I would go to one if it was opened near me, on one hand that's a fun novelty that would be fun with my weeb friends, but on the other hand it's super creepy and I don't know if the novelty would outweigh that.

There's a maid cafe in NY... It sucks from what the Yelp reviews tell me, but yes the waitresses all wear maid outfits and all greet you at the door.

It's a PG13 style Harem and it creeps me the fuck out.

zBhThu4.gif

Certain things will stand out to you naturally, things that might have stood out the first time that you just didn't have the information available, but primarily any conversation Gendo has at any point is super interesting the second time. Specifically the episode where Asuka shows up has some cool shit you probably didn't notice the first time.

And yeah, Komm Susser Tod is fucking great, so perfect for that scene. The N64 game has a super cool version of it. Bonus N64 Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Komm Susser Tod is amazing!

I was joking about being mad.

It's a PG13 style Harem and it creeps me the fuck out.

For all of my weeabooisms, that's certainly one I just don't think I'm far enough gone for. It's kinda similar to a strip club, the people are just payed to be there and pretend, I don't see the appeal at all.

Maybe I should rewatch Eva a second time to see what stuff I missed.

There's probably stuff you missed, but the big draw is all the "Oooooh!" moments where you see foreshadowing.

I would have to be the perfect physical specimen with a girlfriend accompanying me in order to feel even remotely comfortable anywhere near that place.

You aren't missing much.

I'm actually surprised the place hasn't closed if it supposedly is shitty food and the maids are all Japanese.

Normally, there would be some lawsuit or something about hiring preferences being prejudicial, especially in NY where labor laws benefit the worker.

Guess the store being cutesy and a tourist attraction is all it needs to survive. Rent has to be super cheap then.

Would've been extra funny if GB ever made a video of a group trip there.

Or The Zaibatsu ever go because Woolie is the big weeb of the group. NYCC will call the Zaibatsu one day... And I will be there!

As much as animu gonna animu, I'd be so awkward if I was ever presented in half of the supposed situations pre-adolescent males of anime find themselves in. Handling animu situations in real life doesn't work. A harem in real life would be messy shit. A maid cafe just sounds like an excuse to ogle women who choose to work there, despite the choice for them to work there as their own.

I think I'm just not there yet with the fucks I don't give. I can't tell anymore whether something is objectifying or empowering and I align as a pro feminist.

HEY UROPE NERD FRIENDERS:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=912473

You're getting Shovel Knight too!

croten

As much as animu gonna animu, I'd be so awkward if I was ever presented in half of the supposed situations pre-adolescent males of anime find themselves in. Handling animu situations in real life doesn't work. A harem in real life would be messy shit. A maid cafe just sounds like an excuse to ogle women who choose to work there, despite the choice for them to work there as their own.

I think I'm just not there yet with the fucks I don't give. I can't tell anymore whether something is objectifying or empowering and I align as a pro feminist.

Bout time

Okingjrr

Praisethelord.gif !

Oberon

Banned
You could go to a local game shop and see if they have any physical e cards.

Mhm, the Nintendo website says that some retailers in my area might have it.
I really hope so, there are some other Indie games I wanted to buy on the eshop too.
And SMT IV....
I am weak, I know I will buy this game :(

Don't have my earphones so I can't listen to it, but I'll go ahead and assume it's terrible. Smh

Don't be so mean! He worked hard on it

croten

I really hope so, there are some other Indie games I wanted to buy on the eshop too.
And SMT IV....

Places like Game stop will have them. I'm not sure what game stores you have in Germany though.

Oberon

Banned
Places like Game stop will have them. I'm not sure what game stores you have in Germany though.

*Switzerland
I actually saw a game stop for the first time in my life when I went to Bern last week, I didn't even know those where around!
The one stated by Nintendo and the most common one are Manor and Interdiscount
Just as little trivia.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=912788

I did a thing. Hopefully this thread turns out ok.

Seems like you are being decimated. RIP

And SMT IV....

No, he should git gud.
I hope you realize that im joking

It's actually really good which is awesome but at the same time I love the shittyness of the other versions too. Zen did a fantastic job.

OG version will always be the best.

croten

*Switzerland
I actually saw a game stop for the first time in my life when I went to Bern last week, I didn't even know those where around!
The one stated by Nintendo and the most common one are Manor and Interdiscount
Just as little trivia.

Sorry my mistake.

Any relatively big game store will have them no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom