• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

VIDEO IS UP.

Get hyped
because I plan to add 3 more audio tracks later and the background singers too.

Edit: It might rape your ears.. Might want to lower the volume.

Dursty approved
fred_durst.jpg

You know what the worst part about X2 is? I'm halfway through the bosses and I don't remember a single stage theme. It's like, the music is pretty good, but none of it is memorable.

I'm happy everyone has gotten on the Nozaki train. Shit's great.

Composers for Mega Man games usually get changed up with every sequel. It's why usually the best tracks of the entire series are usually found within specific games. IE that's why X1's OST shits all over X2 and X3's OST.

360pages

There's no commonly found cockroach with a lighter colouring. It's the least guilty part of the design in my eyes. It's the face and "hair" that should've been rethought.

That as well, truth of the matter, they probably really shouldn't have went for that design in the first place. I wouldn't have mind them being actually...you know, more insect based or something.

That as well, truth of the matter, they probably really shouldn't have went for that design in the first place. I wouldn't have mind them being actually...you know, more insect based or something.

I think they wanted the horror of finding giant humanoid cockroaches to be as scary as possible. So the best solutions these Japanese guys had was to make them... look like black guys with really exaggerated features.

Because that's what they find scary.

Woof.

Zenfalcia

I think they wanted the horror of finding giant humanoid cockroaches to be as scary as possible. So the best solutions these Japanese guys had was to make them... look like black guys with really exaggerated features.

Because that's what they find scary.

Woof.

Woof indeed..

How close is the resemblance?

360pages

Wow.. Huh.. They.. Look like slightly disproportionate people.. I can see what the argument is now... I thought they looked more monsterous...

That's the big problem, if they actually looked like monster it would be fine, you know like you would assume giant cockroaches to be. But those are just unsettling, it really turns me off from looking at the series.

Zenfalcia

That's the big problem, if they actually looked like monster it would be fine, you know like you would assume giant cockroaches to be. But those are just unsettling, it really turns me off from looking at the series.

It is a pretty big problem. I thought everyone was talking about a giant cockroach that looked somewhat human.. Not a human that looked somewhat cockroach like..

I'll probably still read it.

I'm going to pass out now. Good night Frienders.

It is a pretty big problem. I thought everyone was talking about a giant cockroach that looked somewhat human.. Not a human that looked somewhat cockroach like..

I'll probably still read it.

It's an entertaining read with a really dark cloud hanging over it. I'm looking forward to checking out the Blu-Ray releases

Oberon

Banned
VIDEO IS UP.

Get hyped
because I plan to add 3 more audio tracks later and the background singers too.

Edit: It might rape your ears.. Might want to lower the volume.

Amazing, it actually sounds Great!
I don't even recognise myself in it
I still can't believe that I did this whole singing thing,we should do it again sometime. Good job BestGaf!

It's an entertaining read with a really dark cloud hanging over it. I'm looking forward to checking out the Blu-Ray releases

I guess the writer wanted to go for some early colonial analogy, it's just executed extremely poorly. It's also easy for us to spot it's faults because that story has been done better before, but might not be all that common in Japan (what with shutting themselves off to the rest of the world for so long).

But hey, watching a bunch of totally-not-black bug people brutally murderize a bunch of other people along with some Attack on Titan level super cereal drama is fun at least, if the casual racism doesn't bother you too much.

It was a good LP, but the game looks super archaic and it wasn't very fun to actually watch them play. In my opinion.

From what I gathered the game became worse further on, so not much was lost even though it looked like it would be fun.

1013045-familyguy_good20good.gif

Evangelion is quite a trip. Glad you seemed to enjoy it.
I did enjoy it a lot.
I tried to subtly ask a girl out by asking her to watch the rebuilds with me when she ever visits our town since she moved to a different state. since she loves Eva, bit this failed since she said she may not come back which made me sad for 2 reasons.
I might as well watch the rebuilds by myself
tumblr_static_10yej2nw3zusgck0k8ckw4g04.gif

Oh man...just got back home after an unexpected drunken night with friends. First thing I did was watch Woolie in Japan. I know I give him shit but it's so cool to see him enjoy Japan and have fun.

I did enjoy it a lot.
I tried to subtly ask a girl out by asking her to watch the rebuilds with me when she ever visits our town since she moved to a different state. since she loves Eva, bit this failed since she said she may not come back which made me sad for 2 reasons.
I might as well watch the rebuilds by myself

I recommend watching the entire series and EoE a second time before the Rebuild. I know that sounds crazy, but watching the series a second time is like watching a different show, because so much shit stands out and you'll piece everything together, realizing how much was foreshadowed. The Rebuilds have a theory around them that they're a continuation of the series in a rewound timeloop, so watching the series a second time will get you more familiar with everything and you'll be able to enjoy more of the subtle stuff, especially 3.0, which I liked for the amount of crazy stuff that I noticed that a lot of people seemed not to.

This is obviously not necessary and I understand people 1. not being insane and 2. not wanting to watch the same thing again right afterwards, but it's still really fun a second time around, so even if it's not immediately, I do recommend a second viewing down the road at some point.

And the inevitable question; series ending or EoE ending?

I recommend watching the entire series and EoE a second time before the Rebuild. I know that sounds crazy, but watching the series a second time is like watching a different show, because so much shit stands out and you'll piece everything together, realizing how much was foreshadowed. The Rebuilds have a theory around them that they're a continuation of the series in a rewound timeloop, so watching the series a second time will get you more familiar with everything and you'll be able to enjoy more of the subtle stuff, especially 3.0, which I liked for the amount of crazy stuff that I noticed that a lot of people seemed not to.

This is obviously not necessary and I understand people 1. not being insane and 2. not wanting to watch the same thing again right afterwards, but it's still really fun a second time around, so even if it's not immediately, I do recommend a second viewing down the road at some point.

And the inevitable question; series ending or EoE ending?
I said movie, Dok got pissed.
And if I do go through a second time, maybe in a few months, what should I be looking for?
also that song at the EoE...woof

I said movie, Dok got pissed.

zBhThu4.gif

And if I do go through a second time, maybe in a few months, what should I be looking for?
also that song at the EoE...woof

Certain things will stand out to you naturally, things that might have stood out the first time that you just didn't have the information available, but primarily any conversation Gendo has at any point is super interesting the second time. Specifically the episode where Asuka shows up has some cool shit you probably didn't notice the first time.

And yeah, Komm Susser Tod is fucking great, so perfect for that scene. The N64 game has a super cool version of it. Bonus N64 Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Nordicus

From what I gathered the game became worse further on, so not much was lost even though it looked like it would be fun.
I kept thinking about Pathologic a few times during the LP while they still didn't have weapons. From what I've seen, Pathologic is all that, except more open, timed, and doesn't devolve into a full shooter.

Pathologic is a game where there's a chance you'll go "I'll give you all my money, trade you all my bullets and my gun, JUST GIVE ME THAT MOLDY PIECE OF BREAD!"

Emouse

Man seeing you guys talk about Eva makes me want to get back into the anime racket once again, I think the last good series I watched was Steins;Gate and the only thing I had been keeping up on was JoJo

Really should rewatch Eva, it's been too long, still haven't seen 3.0 either, still patiently waiting for that blu ray release

which will probably never happen now because fuck Europe eh?

I can't stop playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. I love this fucking game so much holy shit. I'm already way past where the LP ended, and I've
teamed up with J Edgar Hoover, who is an asshole who just straight up shoots his own men when they've been mutilated by horrors and are screaming in pain

I can't stop playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. I love this fucking game so much holy shit. I'm already way past where the LP ended, and I've
teamed up with J Edgar Hoover, who is an asshole who just straight up shoots his own men when they've been mutilated by horrors and are screaming in pain
truly a great man

Man seeing you guys talk about Eva makes me want to get back into the anime racket once again, I think the last good series I watched was Steins;Gate and the only thing I had been keeping up on was JoJo

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. Love Live School Idol Project. Kill la Kill. Samurai Flamenco.

Those are some good shows from this year that are easy to watch if you're interested in watching some animu.

Oberon

Banned
Some poeple in OT are really strange

I had a Japanese girlfriend and there was one time where everything was going really well and suddenly she moaned "Onii-chan..." (Older brother) I stopped and asked her what she called me and she told me that she knew guys were into that sort of thing. Unfortunately for me, that pretty much killed our session that night.

I have nothing more to say

Emouse

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. Love Live School Idol Project. Kill la Kill. Samurai Flamenco.

Those are some good shows from this year that are easy to watch if you're interested in watching some animu.

I've heard good things about all of those, I did watch the first few KLK episodes but never continued, also did the same with Space Dandy even though I did really want to watch it, really wanna watch the new Gundam series because those MS designs are ace

Really should rewatch Eva, it's been too long, still haven't seen 3.0 either, still patiently waiting for that blu ray release

which will probably never happen now because fuck Europe eh?

Maybe you should check your local Anime Store....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom