• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
My PS4 arrives tomorrow. Picked up Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor last night.

Hype intensifying.

xjPi6Th.gif

I found a PS4 version of this but it's from 4chan and we all know what happened last time.

Duplolas

Banned
With the amount of products I buy from Amazon, I could just buy the velcro, magnets, and rubber bands.

Could I use my glasses as lenses?

I looked into the materials they listed on this page: https://cardboard.withgoogle.com/

The lenses they recommend you buy are already $14: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00COO64IC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The entire kit is already on amazon for $15 (BECAUSE SALES) so I just decided to buy it that way. Normally its $50.

I looked into the materials they listed on this page: https://cardboard.withgoogle.com/

The lenses they recommend you buy are already $14: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00COO64IC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The entire kit is already on amazon for $15 (BECAUSE SALES) so I just decided to buy it that way. Normally its $50.

Man this is a tough call between that or Metal Gear Solid 4.

I think I'll chose MGS4. From what I can tell, it would be pretty uncomfortable with that and my glasses. I could wait for another sale or make my own.

edit:
Mind if I make a thread about it?

How does one gain access to create a thread?

Duplolas

Banned
Mind if I make a thread about it?

Not at all. Go right ahead.

I also was doing some research on it because the intent was to only be used for phones, but there are a few people who have made programs that allow you to "trick" games that have oculus rift support into thinking you are using a oculus rift when all you are using is Google Cardboard.

This is the main post I found that had information regarding it in it: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2b7upg/cardboard_rift_how_can_i_play_oculus_games_with/

If you make a thread, be sure to include some of that info in it too. :D

You have to be a member first, fellow Junior Member.

I think I'll chose MGS4. From what I can tell, it would be pretty uncomfortable with that and my glasses. I could wait for another sale or make my own.

edit:
Make it out of a XL Pizza box, if you make one.

By not being a Junior member. Which requires 300 posts and 3 months.

edit:

Chill out on GAF for 90 days with 300 posts and you're cool.

Don't get banned, otherwise you can never make an acct again.

I started "Engaged to the Unidentified."

This show is weirdly about Mashiro despite not at all being about Mashiro. She was 90% of the focus of the first episode and isn't even the main character.

But can you blame them? Look how adorable!
mashiroswitch.gif

Also, weird amount of character designs lifted straight from Lucky Star.

Duplolas

Banned
Essentially the main reason why I bought it was because I am doing a report for my IST 110S class on Virtual Reality and how it can be used for real world purposes.

If you remember, I brought it up that I did a proposal speech a while back that started a discussion about THE ANIME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED on here.

But yeah. Great buy for what it is.

@Alfebit

When you make the thread and compile all the information on it, send me a PM if you could. I can let you know if there is anything else to add on the subject.

And I still need to catch up on Season 2. I'm not looking forward to it. :L

I'm gonna wait for it all to be done and marathon it all in a day like I did the first one. I watched enough to know about Death Gun's thing
LAUGHING COFFIN IS THE SICKEST!
Then stopped to wait for it all.

SHIT! ITS TOO LATE! WERE DOOMED!!!!

I can't control it! I wanna talk about how much I didn't like the romance! SOMEBODY HELP US!

I'm gonna wait for it all to be done and marathon it all in a day like I did the first one. I watched enough to know about Death Gun's thing

I can't control it! I wanna talk about how much I didn't like the romance! SOMEBODY HELP US!

I believe that the Death Gun Arc is done. Aniplex was advertising the next arc of the season was coming up. I need to catch up too. i only stopped when
Death Gun was going to rape Shion

Alfebit

Banned

Remember them? From a whopping 1 episode in season 1?

I believe that the Death Gun Arc is done. Aniplex was advertising the next arc of the season was coming up. I need to catch up too. i only stopped when
Death Gun was going to rape Shion

That's horribly disappointing in so many ways. I really wish I hadn't clicked that spoiler... Why? Sword Art? Why?!

Remember them? From a whopping 1 episode in season 1?

God! They were unironically the best part of that series. So cool.

Duplolas

Banned

NOOOOOOOO!

I liked the romance a little bit! But I don't want to discuss how I thought it could have been better if they didn't make the main girl (BECAUSE I FORGOT HER NAME FUCK) into a backboneless slut.

It is so dumb because they had her as like a bad ass fighter in the first half of the first season and then just turned her into a princess they had to rescue every fucking time.

EACH BAD GUY THEY HAD TO KILL AFTER THE FIRST ONE WAS JUST A SUPER RAPEY GUY WHO JUST WANTED TO EITHER EAT HER HAIR OR LICK THE SHIT OUT OF HER.

And then the fucking second season
the guy just legit wanted to rape the other girl and turned into a butthurt nerd who was mad about not being able to re-spec his character.

Phew, I figured out the issue with my program minutes before my lab test ended. Close call.

Now, to find a private place to listen to zen's version. Maybe I'll just put it on blast for my whole campus to heat.

That's horribly disappointing in so many ways. I really wish I hadn't clicked that spoiler... Why? Sword Art? Why?!

Sorry. It could be a worse spoiler in the fact that
Death Gun was revealed before the raping
. He seems to really like the
creepy guy that thinks the main character is cock blocking him
trope that he made.

I only stomached the first 3 episodes of SAO season one, where is basically just decided it was boring and eh.

Hearing about the awful shit would probably be more entertaining, while still being awful.
Phew, I figured out the issue with my program minutes before my lab test ended. Close call. .
Oh man, That's a really good feeling.

croten

I only stomached the first 3 episodes of SAO season one, where is basically just decided it was boring and eh.

Hearing about the awful shit would probably be more entertaining, while still being awful.

You should watch it all though, it pretty much is all downhill from where you stopped

Hmmm that Yakuza PSP game seems interesting.... I'm tempted to buy a copy.. with that Yakuza Spin off game. Should I guys? I better start learning Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom