• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Life. And. Hometown.

Bz_4axXIMAEgcOW.jpg:large

(Ignore the shitty tile floor. My kitchen is the only place in the house that gets enough natural light to take a decent picture. >.>)

Xiraiya

I've been sick the past few weeks. Some cold or something that refuses to die. I'm getting annoyed with coughing.

I know that feel, I had the flu a few weeks ago but then it went away after like a week, and ever since then I've been completely fine except for the fact I start having coughing fits whenever I'm talking for an extended period time, basically anytime I'm not sitting silently at the computer, I'm coughing.

It's indeed annoying.

All is right with the world.

So yo, I'm starting Selector Spread WIXOSS! These little girls are totally gonna play a cardgame you guys!

Don't fight it. Don't struggle. Just close your eyes, the transformation will be complete soon.

If the recommendations on MAL (My Anime List) are Madoka Magica, I guess I should watch this too. Apparently on the reviews it gets
darker as well
. so it seems decent enough to watch.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I started "Engaged to the Unidentified."

This show is weirdly about Mashiro despite not at all being about Mashiro. She was 90% of the focus of the first episode and isn't even the main character.

But can you blame them? Look how adorable!
mashiroswitch.gif

Also, weird amount of character designs lifted straight from Lucky Star.

Here's the thing about this show, though. Benio is fucking awful. Seriously.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If the recommendations on MAL (My Anime List) are Madoka Magica, I guess I should watch this too. Apparently on the reviews it gets
darker as well
. so it seems decent enough to watch.
You'll hate as you watch it then you'll love as you see the last movie.

Edit: Gonna go watch the first episode of eva now.

Xiraiya

You'll also start liking loli characters and you will constantly shit on dubs.
I'm scared man. I don't wanna start liking loli characters. What if I start thinking Nowi's character in FE:A isn't terribly designed or that NGNL starts becoming something I like?!
I can't handle that man. I can't. I can't go to australia.

Never succumb to the curse, gain souls powerful and large enough to destroy it forever.

Just hope that no one finds a guy walking in circles slowly dragging a huge body pillow on the ground behind him.

Never succumb to the curse, gain souls powerful and large enough to destroy it forever.

Just hope that no one finds a guy walking in circles slowly dragging a huge body pillow on the ground behind him.
I know you mean Vendrick, but I'm losing my shit over the idea of an Anime-Pyramid Head.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
She seemed alright in the first episode, but if they go further with the molesty thing, it might be a little dumb.

Here's the thing though. Swap her gender. Make her a male character. Is it still "a little dumb" or is it outright creepy and wrong? I just hate that so many people seem to be okay with a character like her just because it's girl/girl. Meh.

Here's the thing though. Swap her gender. Make her a male character. Is it still "a little dumb" or is it outright creepy and wrong? I just hate that so many people seem to be okay with a character like her just because it's girl/girl. Meh.

Do they get more explicit with it? Because in the first episode it seemed more like the whole "Teasing" thing where they don't actually plan to do anything. There was some of that in Bakemonogatari that eventually became pretty molesty.

I think Everyone should start watching Monster. It's so Fucking Good.

I'm gonna start it with some people soon, though these are the same people that I started Ippo with, so who knows.

Alfebit

Banned

Katsuragi.
Sorry as much as I love her she also molests her friends.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Do they get more explicit with it? Because in the first episode it seemed more like the whole "Teasing" thing where they don't actually plan to do anything. There was some of that in Bakemonogatari that eventually became pretty molesty.

If memory serves, Benio eventually starts plotting ways to corner Mashiro alone and such. So yeah, it does get a bit more explicit. I mean it's all still played for "laughs", but still, no less creepy.

Katsuragi.
Sorry as much as I love her she also molests her friends.

I figured this would be brought up. :lol Yeah, Katsuragi's guilty of it too, but it's not as bad since she's at least roughly the same age as all the other characters, and it just never feels as weird as in Mikakunin. They're all clearly friends in SK, whereas Mashiro does not like Benio at all.

You'll hate as you watch it then you'll love as you see the last movie.

Edit: Gonna go watch the first episode of eva now.

I was refering to the anime that Aarron_Laggan said he started.

I watched the original show and some of the first movie. I really wished I wasn't spoiled the third movie at a convention where they advertised the
Devil Homura
figure.

I remembered there was a post on 4chan once where a guy just watched the last two episodes of NGE and gave up on it.

Alfebit

Banned
I figured this would be brought up. :lol Yeah, Katsuragi's guilty of it too, but it's not as bad since she's at least roughly the same age as all the other characters, and it just never feels as weird as in Mikakunin. They're all clearly friends in SK, whereas Mashiro does not like Benio at all.

I've never watched the show but it's on my list. I'll take your word for it.

You tell me you didn't like the "congratulations" scene?

I do like that scene, and the actual ending itself isn't bad from just a story standpoint, but those episodes are bullshit. It's reused animation with 0 answers for anything. It's goddamn ridiculous.

Was the
alternate timeline
that they showed Shinji recycled? I don't remember it seemed recycled.

Most of it was random scenes from the school, only a couple things were new.

Katsuragi can be weird about the groping but after playing through her arc it seems like she does it more for the reaction of the other party.
still doesnt make it acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom