• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Ultimax, some Kanji user styled all over my ass...
But I learned some cool new tricks from him. Kanji can do a 6000 combo without meter...

Shackzam

Speaking of Ultimax, some Kanji user styled all over my ass...
But I learned some cool new tricks from him. Kanji can do a 6000 combo without meter...
Was a fatal counter combo? Akihiko has a touch of death one, but ya gotta use all of your resources. I know kanji has some extremely damaging ones.

joe2187

Banned
I got Ys 1+2 in a Steam sale awhile ago and have not touched it. I want to jump in since apparently the soundtrack is supposed to kick ass and the gameplay is supposed to be very difficult.

The music in the Ys series is some rocking, kickass shit.

The combat mechanics in Ys1 and Ys2 are kind of strange since it's not a contextual thing, and more running headfirst into an enemy and dealing damage by bumping against them. It takes some getting used to. Ys2 introduces the magic system that is featured in nearly all Ys games nowadays which adds more depth.

I would heavily suggest you play Ys Origin. best OST, best fast paced action combat, best boss battles. Hard as balls. Think of it like an almost top down DMC1

Was a fatal counter combo? Akihiko has a touch of death one, but ya gotta use all of your resources. I know kanji has some extremely damaging ones.

Yep, starts with getting his jump C off just right. Also, I flubbed a little, it's 5698. Still, ridiculously high.

The music in the Ys series is some rocking, kickass shit.

The combat mechanics in Ys1 and Ys2 are kind of strange since it's not a contextual thing, and more running headfirst into an enemy and dealing damage by bumping against them. It takes some getting used to. Ys2 introduces the magic system that is featured in nearly all Ys games nowadays which adds more depth.

I would heavily suggest you play Ys Origin. best OST, best fast paced action combat, best boss battles. Hard as balls. Think of it like an almost top down DMC1

I might as well dive in. The battle system at least sounds really unique

Shackzam

Yep, starts with getting his jump C off just right. Also, I flubbed a little, it's 5698. Still, ridiculously high.
Yeah, one of the local kanjis in Chicago likes to style on everyone when he gets the chance and he almost gets touch of death on some characters like Elizabeth, but kanji has ridiculous damage, but he's gotta earn it.

Yeah, one of the local kanjis in Chicago likes to style on everyone when he gets the chance and he almost gets touch of death on some characters like Elizabeth, but kanji has ridiculous damage, but he's gotta earn it.

To be truthful, the guy I fought was just using the starting part of this combo. What he really taught me was a rather brilliant poke strategy with Kanji.
I'll show you it later, but I'm going to have to dedicate a lot of lab hours on this shit first.

Fucking

Explain

Fuck you, it's my combo. Figure it out yourself.

Fatal counter J.C, to 5C, 2C, sweep, 236B, 2A,2B, 236B, 5AA, 2B, 236C, 236A. That will give you 5733 with no meter. There's a lot of variables there, might be a way to squeeze even more damage out.

Edit: Small edit in there, mixed up a 5B with a 2B. Anyways, I'm punching out, goodnight frienders.

I got Ys 1+2 in a Steam sale awhile ago and have not touched it. I want to jump in since apparently the soundtrack is supposed to kick ass and the gameplay is supposed to be very difficult.

Go for the easiest difficulty.

The game leans towards the slighty unfair side of hard, so don't feel bad about dropping it down. I had much more fun on easy then normal on my first go.

Also enjoy.
Ys is one of the most underappreciated long-running series out there.

Most films are actually in 24fps, but sure...

Got 11/11. I have no idea how people CAN'T see the difference. I mean... Just... Look at it!

Best example I've been using recently is the opening of The Last Of Us Remastered.

In the bedroom at the start, just watch the fan spinninng. Then go and drop the frames down to 30. Then put them back up. It's pretty much instantaneous since after changing the framerate, you can just press start to drop back into the game.

BossRush

So I just watched the first episode of Rage of Bahamut and wow that's a good show so far for something based off a card game I never even heard of.

The_Poet

Banned
I really hope they eventually get round to finishing Call of Cthulu after the shitstorm, made for great videos so far.

I really hope they eventually get round to finishing Call of Cthulu after the shitstorm, made for great videos so far.

This problem is exactly why I voted for one-off barrel bottom scraping, because I knew we'd get one or two partial LPs that I'd fucking love to see fully played.

It'd be cool if they did a vote at the end to see which one of the three they finish.

Fuck you, it's my combo. Figure it out yourself.

Fatal counter J.C, to 5C, 2C, sweep, 236B, 2A,2B, 236B, 5AA, 2B, 236C, 236A. That will give you 5733 with no meter. There's a lot of variables there, might be a way to squeeze even more damage out.

Edit: Small edit in there, mixed up a 5B with a 2B. Anyways, I'm punching out, goodnight frienders.
tumblr_mqf1dogBDZ1rzd6w3o1_400.gif

Alfebit

Banned
Most films are actually in 24fps, but sure...

Got 11/11. I have no idea how people CAN'T see the difference. I mean... Just... Look at it!

He's making a joke about people who say they prefer 30fps because it's "more cinematic".

11/11 took about a minute. No idea how people can say they don't see a difference.

Great, my one real class was cancelled after I arrived in college today.

At least this means I get to play some Ultimax before work.

You can get the 3DS themes form the stroe right?

Then where the fuck can you get PS Vita themes?

git gud sony

Edit: Looks like there's two on the online store.

git gud sony

Rizzi

I was having a lovely evening. Finished my assignment, was eating some cheesecake while watching JoJo.
And then my fridge caught on fire.
:|

Devil Survivor is great. I've only played Overclocked and was about to give in to temptation and buy 2, but Break Record started to exist again so I will continue to hold out. Got to wait for the American release, then silent wait while Europe is ignored and I can't import because region lock.

Here's to hoping they continue Call of Cthulhu after October. I never thought the game would be this suspenseful and fun to watch.

Two week wait what a bunch of turd, why do an almost WW release for one version and not the other

They are doing an almost WW release for both. Just the Wii U version is coming to the US rather than Japan first. I assume they prioritized the US because of Black Friday, and otherwise it would have been worldwide or a Japan first release again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom