• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, anyone can get it.

I kinda went crazy and read all the chapters of the manga. It's really interesting. Some parts aren't too great though.

Believe it.

Nope. I don't believe it.You probably just glanced through it.

...Phantom...should we just wait...

also shut up Stupei

I honestly have no clue on what you're talking about.

Yukari pls. People only like you because you're well written.

JoJo94

I honestly have no clue on what you're talking about.

P3 Spoilers Dok don't read:
When he used swag I was thinking of Junpei and Chidori my bad

And because she's a sentai ranger with...plot...

I saw that! Did I just establish a link with an yandere?!

Don't worry...Phantom's the only Yandere around here...

Zenfalcia

Nahhhhh.. I read it and.. I didn't expect some things to happen like (this is a spoiler please don't read)
them having 3 trips to Mars with 2 failing.

If only she was more useful. I found that Ken was more useful than her in terms of damage and healing

I saw that! Did I just establish a link with an yandere?!

It's fiinnnneeee...

P3 Spoilers Dok don't read:
When he used swag I was thinking of Junpei and Chidori my bad

And because she's a sentai ranger with...plot...

Don't worry...Phantom's the only Yandere around here...

Ah, okay. I was so confused.

Is me being a yandere the new lore?
I don't even know why you see me as a yandere but ok.

Nahhhhh.. I read it and.. I didn't expect some things to happen like (this is a spoiler please don't read)
them having 3 trips to Mars with 2 failing.

If only she was more useful. I found that Ken was more useful than her in terms of damage and healing

Nothing you say will convince me that you read the entire thing in 3 hours. If you said 5-6 then sure.

Ok so basically ive been thinking about 2 ideas for my manga over the past like month.
The main characters back story on how he became a delinquent and the other is his biological parents back story and his relationship with his father.

Ill start with the parents thing. He starts learning about his family when him and his friends go on a trip to a small mountain hot spring village during winter break. There the protagonist, Daiki Tatsuki, is mistaken for someone else by a housewife who mistakes him for someone and mutters the name "Tatsuki" as she walks away, which the protagonist hears. Apparently the woman is actually his fathers childhood friend and that he had moved away when they both finished high school.
Finding out about this the protag is excited and super happy that hes finally found some link to his heritage and his parents. So the group go to visit his grandparents house, even though the woman warns him not to, only to find it burned down and find nothing. While there they meet a giant of a man with red eyes just like the protagonist. His father. Daiki realizes that and asks him what he was doing there. His answer was that he was paying respects to his mother and father after he burned them along with the house 10 years ago.
shocking to daiki he grows angry and tries to attack him but is easily dodged and countered into submission.
his father is the leading members of the group that are after the fragments of Loginus (ive talked about them before, legendary weapons created by using blood of christ that was infused with the Lance of Loginus.) Apparently Daikis birth was a genetic experiment trying to use one of the fragments to change someones power to be much more powerful. However this backfired and daikis mother died in childbirth and daiki was born without any powers even though he was supposed to be born with.
The protagonists father hated his son, like actual hate believing him to be the reason for the love his life dying. He murdered his parents because he tried to erase every piece of evidence that he existed. He wanted to kill Daiki too but couldnt because he reminded him too much of his wife. So after many confrontations, and even finding out that the protagonists fathers rival is an antagonist who acts more like Daiki and their rivalry is similar to the protagonists and his main rivals. They even bump fists before they fight and when they fight together just like the protagonists and his rival.
his character is a complete opposite to the protagonists. The protagonist being hot blooded and pretty up beat. While the father is serious and cool.
ill write the other story idea in a bit I wanna stop typing for a bit :/

Zenfalcia

Wait.. This seems very heavy handed. Jumping from a normal drama/slice of life.. to a fighting manga? Did you specifically add the powers thing for no reason? And then killing the father killing his own parents... There's too much that doesn't make sense and very hard to believe.

How is he currently living? At an orphanage? A relative? Or what?

Wait.. This seems very heavy handed. Jumping from a normal drama/slice of life.. to a fighting manga? Did you specifically add the powers thing for no reason? And then killing the father killing his own parents... There's too much that doesn't make sense and very hard to believe.
Well ive written in here before the main plot of the story and such that its a comedy/battle manga similar to beelzebub or Gintama. So it has a mix of heavy themes with comedic moments and such.
his father left him in front of a church and was raised by a group of nuns.

Zenfalcia

Well ive written in here before the main plot of the story and such that its a comedy/battle manga similar to beelzebub or Gintama. So it has a mix of heavy themes with comedic moments and such.
his father left him in front of a church and was raised by a group of nuns.

Ic. So the only reason the father and son are on bad terms is.. him abandoning him? Also how do you plan to explain the experiment portion and even use it in the future? I dont see how it affects the story.. it. Could've been a miscarriage.. keep it so the guy is a nornal guy who is just a delinquent?

Freakin Alien Isolation. I've been stuck on the first encounter with that Alien for about an hour now and I'm barely making any progress. I wish the game would tell you what playing on Hard actually changes about the game instead of just "recommending" that difficulty. But the game is actually scary, I've seen the Alien move through wall vents, ceiling vents, and sometimes he'll just sprint the room I'm in for no reason giving me a heart attack.

Ic. So the only reason the father and son are on bad terms is.. him abandoning him? Also how do you plan to explain the experiment portion and even use it in the future? I dont see how it affects the story.. it. Could've been a miscarriage.. keep it so the guy is a nornal guy who is just a delinquent?
Yeah actually thinking about it yeah im just gonna have him be a normal guy. And the reason theyre in bad terms is one.abandonment/youre the reason my wife died and two. Working on opposite sides.

Xiraiya

Freakin Alien Isolation. I've been stuck on the first encounter with that Alien for about an hour now and I'm barely making any progress. I wish the game would tell you what playing on Hard actually changes about the game instead of just "recommending" that difficulty. But the game is actually scary, I've seen the Alien move through wall vents, ceiling vents, and sometimes he'll just sprint the room I'm in for no reason giving me a heart attack.

Use your brain, I really like the game isn't just obviously telling you where to go and what to do.

Medical?

I know that pain. Even on easy, I've had my attempts to move from one hiding spot to another cockblocked by that fucker. One after the other.

I guess I can stop being a lazy butt, and post my synopsis.

Paul Garrison is a hitman, who does bad things, for bad people. Life was fine, until he took a job, that turned sour, and now has both the Cuban and Russian mafia seeking his head. To make matters worse, his escalating drug addiction, and recurring nightmares, featuring a decaying head, taunting him, and interrogating him, hunt him, as he continues to fight for his survival.

It's brief, because there is not a lot to the plot. It's going to be short, maybe 15-20 chapters, but it's not going to be straightforward. In fact, I probably already told you too much...

I didn't need to see Woolie's Dick, but wow his lady friend is really pretty.

Also, he looked so happy going to Japan, good on you Woolie you just convinced me that I too, need to go to Japan just for the arcades.

Use your brain, I really like the game isn't just obviously telling you where to go and what to do.

No shit, I love how hard the game is! It really forces you to think, and as long as you do you really won't have much trouble.

That said it is one long game, and the last half of the game is insane.

Zenfalcia

Yeah actually thinking about it yeah im just gonna have him be a normal guy. And the reason theyre in bad terms is one.abandonment/youre the reason my wife died and two. Working on opposite sides.

Another idea is have the father abandon him with his grand parents? It wouldn't make sense when the father kill his own parents for no reason. But church could work too.

Lazulic

Decided to reinstall New Vegas because I miss it so much. Was thinking of dumb builds to play as when this came to mind.
TJAL0JC.jpg
Time for Pat's salty adventure through the Mojave.
No height adjustment though.
I've also never played with mods. If anybody wants to suggest any, I'd be down. Just been looking through lists of essential mods on websites.

Decided to reinstall New Vegas because I miss it so much. Was thinking of dumb builds to play as when this came to mind.

I've also never played with mods. If anybody wants to suggest any, I'd be down. Just been looking through lists of essential mods on websites.

I love that he looks like a big babby.
Because he is one.

What are your plans for specs?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

No height adjustment though.
All you need really is the mod that fixes the coding errors in the vanilla version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom