• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Spoilers
Boo goes back through her door and Sully saves monster inc. By using laughter instead of screams
OH, YOU
You just reminded me of this post from The Black Culture Thread in 2012:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44534386&postcount=11245
What will he do for an encore?
Alright, breakfast dinner acquired.

But there's been a twist. Pancakes are no longer an option...

BECAUSE I JUST BOUGHT A WAFFLE MAKER! Yeah, we Belgium up in this dorm!

YO. YOU UPGRADED.

360pages

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

That was the phrase that I based the main villain of my new story off of. Too bad I hate the first chapter. (Mostly because I wrote it in one hour without really looking back on it too much). It felt weird looking back on it despite its fast pace compared to my other first chapters.

Oberon

Banned
Edit: This is an amazing find

bYydLkT.gif

JoJo94

Why not some vanilla extract in the pancake batter?

I think that's a normal ingredient in pancake batter (at least for me it is).

It just adds more to the actual syrup making it taste even sweeter. Though it would be better to actually use vanilla beans...but we aren't chefs here.

I think that's a normal ingredient in pancake batter (at least for me it is).

It just adds more to the actual syrup making it taste even sweeter. Though it would be better to actually use vanilla beans...but we aren't chefs here.

Haha, yes, of course. How could I think otherwise?
.....>_>

Squishy3

"As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakurai stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon."

Cranky Kong confirmed.

Don't talk about my mom like that!
:p
Seriously though, the one girlfriend I had never dragged me to see a romcom, and I'm thankful for that. Must be why she dumped me.
:p

Hey, don't say that about your mom! Besides, her booty is way out of my reach.
sorry

But yeah, romantic movies suffer because they have to either keep one-upping one another with the smoochy-ness or are straight up exploitative. Setting unrealistic standards about perfect romances/relationships.

There are some good romantic movies, of course. But those are the ones that have more going on than just love. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Edward Scissorhands, Vertigo, Amelie, Twilight and more recently Her, to name a few.

I usually just avoid the ones aimed at teens or anything starring Hugh Grant or Julia Roberts.

croten

Hey, don't say that about your mom! Besides, her booty is way out of my reach.
sorry

But yeah, romantic movies suffer because they have to either keep one-upping one another with the smoochy-ness or are straight up exploitative. Setting unrealistic standards about perfect romances/relationships.

There are some good romantic movies, of course. But those are the ones that have more going on than just love. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Edward Scissorhands, Vertigo, Amelie, Twilight and more recently Her, to name a few.

Did you just imply that Twilight is good?

Unpopular gaming opinions?

Assassin's Creed is a worse offender of yearly $60 releases than Call of Duty

Super Mario Galaxy is overrated

The Last of Us is good, not great.

"As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakurai stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon."

Cranky Kong confirmed.

"This isn't even my final form" - Sakurai

croten

When I hear people complain about yearly releases, Its Call of Duty that gets mentioned. Not Ass Creed

Well that's because Assassins Creed is better in that regard. Call of Duty hasn't significantly innovated the series since the 4th one but the jump Assassins Creed 3 and 4 is more innovative than the entire CoD franchise.

Metal gear rising is the easiest game I played in the 7th gen

Portal is the worst valve game

Payday 2 is the biggest example of wasted potential I have seen in a game in forever.

croten

I should post an opinion but most of my gaming opinions would be similar to everyone here's.

I guess it would be that I like Banjo Kazooie N&B

Assassins Creed was crap after BrotherHood and needs to not be annualized.

Last of Us is ok, not worth all the attention.

I'm ok with Pokemon staying the same.

Resident evil 1 and 2 did not age well.

Portal is the worst valve game

You make me cry.
Pretty sure we already did this in the last thread.
We totally did. We almost-sorta actually had arguments, but then we just didn't.
We did this last thread. I feel sometimes we say the same things over and over again.
It's the curse of being a community-like thread. Eventually you run out of topics. Especially when you cover racism and sexism in the same day. Also we have new people.

Happens with real life friends too.

croten

You make me cry.

We totally did. We almost-sorta actually had arguments, but then we just didn't.

It's the curse of being a community-like thread. Eventually you run out of topics. Especially when you cover racism and sexism in the same day.

I think it's just the new blood. They weren't here for those conversations so it makes sense for things to repeat

Nordicus

Hmm, I already used my BG&E opinion, so...

Vanquish is not nearly as good as many people in GAF say it is. Should have dropped all cover mechanics, balance combat for constant open combat (maybe make enemy projectiles slower but deadlier), and drop that stupid overheating punishment mechanic since your health is tied to that bar. Would have been more like Lost Planet 2, a TPS which I liked playing way, way more

croten

Vanquish is not nearly as good as many people in GAF say it is. Should have dropped all cover mechanics, balance combat for constant open combat (maybe make enemy projectiles slower but deadlier), and drop that stupid overheating punishment mechanic since your health is tied to that bar. Would have been more like Lost Planet 2, a TPS which I liked playing way, way more

What was your BG&E opinion?

If you play vanquish right then you're never using cover anyway.

Alright, got all the upgrades and defeated all the mavericks in X2. It's really disappointing to see that they didn't carry over the stage change concept from X1.

It's the curse of being a community-like thread. Eventually you run out of topics. Especially when you cover racism and sexism in the same day. Also we have new people.

I'll throw out a new topic. Does anybody still watch TV? I've pretty much completely stopped. I only watch things when I'm extremely bored or just to have it as background noise.

I think I'm in this boat as well. I played Vanquish and I just couldn't see why everyone was hyping it up so much. Maybe I just didn't get far enough.

Alright, got all the upgrades and defeated all the mavericks in X2. It's really disappointing to see that they didn't carry over the stage change concept from X1.

I'll throw out a new topic. Does anybody still watch TV? I've pretty much completely stopped. I only watch things when I'm extremely bored or just to have it as background noise.

I think I'm in this boat as well. I played Vanquish and I just couldn't see why everyone was hyping it up so much. Maybe I just didn't get far enough.

I try to watch tv some times, after years of using ad block its hard to watch any commercial on tv anymore

JoJo94

I still watch Tv personally now a lot of the time it is one just to be on. But, there are still a few shows I like to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom