• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw out a new topic. Does anybody still watch TV? I've pretty much completely stopped. I only watch things when I'm extremely bored or just to have it as background noise.
The new seasons of South Park and Archer are the only things that I keep up with on TV, I watched Breaking Bad as it aired as well but that's pretty much it.

Hockey games too

Jman014

I'll throw out a new topic. Does anybody still watch TV? I've pretty much completely stopped. I only watch things when I'm extremely bored or just to have it as background noise.

Yeah when there's marathons of something like Law and Order or Modern Marvels. Otherwise I don't really watch TV anymore.

Nordicus

What was your BG&E opinion?
Mediocre game with only 2 characters worth any praise, and Jade isn't one of them

If you play vanquish right then you're never using cover anyway.
You say that, but you run for cover after you use your melee that leaves you stupidly vulnerable, you run for cover when your boost/slowmo meter ends even just one millisecond short, you hop and skip to that chest high wall after taking enough damage because this is not exactly a game where that situation comes up in 1-on-1 fights where you can save yourself by fighting well offensively for a few seconds. Naah, you're blindsided and surrounded.

For it's attempts at offensive, stylish gameplay, it lacks the reward mechanics for it

Alright, got all the upgrades and defeated all the mavericks in X2. It's really disappointing to see that they didn't carry over the stage change concept from X1.

I could go on for years about my disappointments in X2.

I haven't watched TV in a few years. Netflix and Crunchyroll are the only things I have, and I only really use them occasionally.

I'm really bad at watching... things.

croten

Mediocre game with only 2 characters worth any praise, and Jade isn't one of them

You say that, but you run for cover after you use your melee that leaves you stupidly vulnerable, you run for cover when your boost/slowmo meter ends even just one millisecond short, you hop and skip to that chest high wall after taking enough damage because this is not exactly a game where that situation comes up in 1-on-1 fights where you can save yourself by fighting well offensively for a few seconds. Naah, you're blindsided and surrounded.

For it's attempts at offensive, stylish gameplay, it lacks the reward mechanics for it

Well you never use melee attacks for a start and using your boost meter until it's just about to run out is just silly, it leaves you completely defenseless. It's pretty much a health meter, which means you have to manage it appropriately.

Well you never use melee attacks for a start and using your boost meter until it's just about to run out is just silly, it leaves you completely defenseless. It's pretty much a health meter, which means you have to manage it appropriately.

Adding to that you have to Fred Durst it and go into slow mo, then Fred Durst it some more.

Nordicus

You're putting an ORAORAORAORAORA into your game and then tell me not to use it through the mechanics?

Fuck off.

I watch The Mentalist and the walking dead and thats about it. Movies and anime I get from my local movie and anime store but I barely watch TV anymore.

I should, I'll grab it on PSN during the next discount. Right now I've got a backlog to work through, especially with that Steam Free Weekend + sale that just came. Blade Symphony looks cool

Blade Symphony is almost really cool. It needs just a bit more polish to get to a Chivalry-level and it'd be my jam.

I should, I'll grab it on PSN during the next discount. Right now I've got a backlog to work through, especially with that Steam Free Weekend + sale that just came. Blade Symphony looks cool

They said that this was the next gen of fighting game.

It's not. It's a really sloppy sword fighting sim. It needs some work, if it wants to be the next big thing.

croten

You're putting an ORAORAORAORAORA into your game and then tell me not to use it through the mechanics?

Fuck off.

Melee is for finishing off a final enemy or an isolated one but the games main focus is the shooting mechanics not the hand to hand combat

Nordicus

Melee is for finishing off a final enemy or an isolated one but the games main focus is the shooting mechanics not the hand to hand combat
Which'd be fine if the guns with decent amount of ammo were any fun to use, and if it didn't seem that the melee attacks that're unique to almost every single gun had more work put into them than the actual feel of shooting robot dudes.

This episode was a slow one. The first half was cute, but in the end, unmemorable.

The second half was fun. Ken-san is such a cool, mature guy. And, of course, Tanukis.

Archgan

I don't watch shows on TV but I watch a bunch of shows online next day with my parents' xfinity subscription.

Yo, why the nigga got to be the traitor?

Anyway, fun episode. Kashima's singing was something I wouldn't wish, even on my strongest enemies.

Which'd be fine if the guns with decent amount of ammo were any fun to use, and if it didn't seem that the melee attacks that're unique to almost every single gun had more work put into them than the actual feel of shooting robot dudes.

Your problem seems to be that you want the game to be something it's not.

360pages

I might pick up the new pokemon game, but honestly I feel kind of drained. I'm already playing a lot of RPGs. And I know for a fact none of you are playing any Etrian Odyssey game until Persona Q comes out. (Which is a shame, because while I think Persona Q will be good, it will be a water downed version of the EO series) and I need to finish the one I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom