• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this shit so cheap? If I wanted to order a pizza, the average price is somewhere around $15. AT LEAST.

Those places are set up to capitalize on the tourists. They're terrible pizza places and the stuff they use is very low quality.

I had a slice once and never again. I'd rather support respectable pizza establishments.

Having said that, I know there are places all over NYC that shouldn't be open at all. Their pizza is criminally bad, burnt, or both.

360pages

Most of the Pizza placed in my area are pretty good, I like some better than others however.

Anyway, is anyone entering writing month besides me here? 50,000 words and is a good way to at least start your writing even if you don't reach the goal of the month.

Okingjrr

Why would you get shit pizza in France when you can walk into a bakery and have amazing bagguettes for cheap? Seriously, the bagguettes were my favourite thing in Paris. Fuck crepes, baguettes da real mvp.

That's because I can get baguettes on a daily basis ;)
Don't you dare say "fuck crepes", the amount of things you can put on those things is astonishing! Waliking into a good creperie is like walking into heaven.

I have a local pizza place not too far from where I am and it's very good. Coincidentally, it is also right next to Top Pot Donuts, which are the best fucking donuts I've ever had.

I realize now what I want to get for food on my birthday is gonna be incredibly difficult to choose, unless I get both and my wallet has to suffer for it.

Well, they mostly talk about politics (ie the Fords), the weather, and good places to eat. It's Hockey season now so the Leafs talk has started to ramp up. Leafs fans are the biggest hockey fans on GAF.

I second this statement.
I thought Flyers and Rangers fans were passionate, but the Leafs are abused by the owners time and time again, but are loyal. Can't say the same about Rangers fans.

When it comes to franchise pizza, Costco's is on another level.

THIS MAN KNOWS!
Jersey needs to step up their pizza game.

I have a local pizza place not too far from where I am and it's very good. Coincidentally, it is also right next to Top Pot Donuts, which are the best fucking donuts I've ever had.

I realize now what I want to get for food on my birthday is gonna be incredibly difficult to choose, unless I get both and my wallet has to suffer for it.

How is Seattle with COL and all that?

Don't mean to retread on the topic of books, but is it just me or are people especially critical to female oriented YA fiction? Just look at all the hate over Twilight and that one book with the two teen lovers with cancer. Just feels disproportionate when there are countless other works of fiction out there.

Also, I never read 50 shades but seems people hate it for being popular.

Most of the Pizza placed in my area are pretty good, I like some better than others however.

Anyway, is anyone entering writing month besides me here? 50,000 words and is a good way to at least start your writing even if you don't reach the goal of the month.

I'm busy writing existing projects right now, I don't know if I have the time or interest.

What even is it, exactly?

Well, they mostly talk about politics (ie the Fords), the weather, and good places to eat. It's Hockey season now so the Leafs talk has started to ramp up. Leafs fans are the biggest hockey fans on GAF.

Wow, I don't really care about any of that stuff. What a shame. Honestly, I'm not surprised that Leafs fans are the biggest hockey fans on GAF.

Yea that happened to a friend of mine when I was coaching him. It's pretty hilarious.

Oh man is it. I lost my shit for like a minute which rarely happens anymore.

Also on the topic of pizza, I had some Little Caesar's yesterday. I haven't had legit pizza in a while

Don't mean to retread on the topic of books, but is it just me or are people especially critical to female oriented YA fiction? Just look at all the hate over Twilight and that one book with the two teen lovers with cancer. Just feels disproportionate when there are countless other works of fiction out there.

The reason is that it's bad. It's shamelessly pandering to an audience that, guess what? Isn't young males. So even though young males have way more terrible shit marketed at them, they like it because it appeals to them, so they're not as critical of it as they are something that they see solely for what it is.

croten

Well they just have more recognition so more people know about it which means that there are more people to hate it.

Oberon

Banned
sJFjMBG.gif

she doesn't respond

edit:
she responded!

It's critical because it's YA fiction written by women who're pushing the same things that men are accused of being called sexist for.

I hate 50 shades because of how Ana is treated by Grey as this abusive love toy. Part of me is cool with women who get their jollies off that way, but the book itself borderlines on domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and makes BDSM look masochistic.

It's critical because it's YA fiction written by women who're pushing the same things that men are accused of being called sexist for.

I hate 50 shades because of how Ana is treated by Grey as this abusive love toy. Part of me is cool with women who get their jollies off that way, but the book itself borderlines on domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and makes BDSM look masochistic.

If it gets woman all hot and heavy down there then what's the problem? Maledom is a fetish too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom