• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Little girls/ teens read Twilight. 50 shades exist because of fan fiction that came out of the Twilight universe. Those same Twilight fans do read book blogs and erotica.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey

EL James isn't only unoriginal, she stole someone else's work and claimed it as her own.

I won't speak for other feminists because I can't and shouldn't, but the premise itself is based around the idea that Ana chose to be with Grey by signing that contract to fulfill her own sexual fantasies, but Grey emotionally manipulates Ana into thinking their relationship is normal and healthy.

To be fair the fanfiction had so little do with the original that all it took was a name change and nothing about it was the same. I honestly had no idea why she bothered posting it on fanfiction when the story was mostly original anyway.

She said Yes! She said YES
F4QObje.gif

Godspeed Oberon! Godspeed!

Little girls/ teens read Twilight. 50 shades exist because of fan fiction that came out of the Twilight universe. Those same Twilight fans do read book blogs and erotica.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey

EL James isn't only unoriginal, she stole someone else's work and claimed it as her own.

I won't speak for other feminists because I can't and shouldn't, but the premise itself is based around the idea that Ana chose to be with Grey by signing that contract to fulfill her own sexual fantasies, but Grey emotionally manipulates Ana into thinking their relationship is normal and healthy.

Now you have a problem with the book being Twilight fanfiction at some point? I don't get where you're going with this but maybe we should just drop this. I don't want to get into defending I book I will probably never read.

To be fair the fanfiction had so little do with the original that all it took was a name change and nothing about it was the same. I honestly had no idea why she bothered posting it on fanfiction when the story was mostly original anyway.

I think she was testing the audience reception of the series?

It stands to reason the same fans that love Twilight and those unhealthy relationships would also like 50 shades when they matures into adults.

Now you have a problem with the book being Twilight fanfiction at some point? I don't get where you're going with this but maybe we should just drop this. I don't want to get into defending I book I will probably never read.

I'm only saying why I don't like the book or twilight in general. I've read the first book of both series. It's nothing home to write about and it's not even good literature.

360pages

I think she was testing the audience reception of the series?

It stands to reason the same fans that love Twilight and those unhealthy relationships would also like 50 shades when they matures into adults.

I'm only saying why I don't like the book or twilight in general. I've read the first book of both series. It's nothing home to write about and it's not even good literature.

They are pretty bad, and I get depressed considering I can probably write something 3 times as good and not get 1/100 of the reaction.

Also, have you ever thought about writing for writing month?

They are pretty bad, and I get depressed considering I can probably write something 3 times as good and not get 1/100 of the reaction.

Also, have you ever thought about writing for writing month?

Hm. I have but...

So I have no idea how to structure a story to be enjoyable or to write with flourish.

I'm a very straightforward speaker who likes to dumb down higher level topics for surface level conversation.

I don't have the intellectual rigor or experience to write proper fiction or non-fiction.
I have a very big interest in writing on economic issues that isn't the Economist, but I know no one would read it.
I have no idea how to garner an audience.

So, is the film Anabelle any good?

It's fine if you can't find any other horror movie in a theatre.

But Dog Soldiers, any Evil Dead, Dale and Tucker vs Evil, either American Werewolf, Dead Snow, first watch of Insidious, Slither, Lesbian Vampire Killers, Halloween, and Attack the Block are much better movies if you guys want to get together a second time.

Duplolas

Banned
Who needs girl friends, or rather, women in general?

Google Cardboard is $12 on amazon. Thats all you need to start your own virtual relationship.

No real women though, just NPCs. Real women cause Sword Art Online romance.

DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?

360pages

Hm. I have but...

So I have no idea how to structure a story to be enjoyable or to write with flourish.

I'm a very straightforward speaker who likes to dumb down higher level topics for surface level conversation.

I don't have the intellectual rigor or experience to write proper fiction or non-fiction.
I have a very big interest in writing on economic issues that isn't the Economist, but I know no one would read it.
I have no idea how to garner an audience.

Well, I will always say this.

You will never know unless you actually write. No one can read anything you wrote unless you let them.

Saying you're not good enough or aren't proper enough is silly. Just write something let someone read it and then let them review it. I wrote plenty of original stuff myself, and just having another person read it, even if they don't enjoy it is enough to push me.

Also, don't worry about an audience too much. If it's good, people will read it.

Oberon

Banned
Uh oh!
BIG PROBLEM

I just said "c'est un rendez-vous" meaning "it's a date"
She asked me what I meant, because rendez-vous means in french just "a meeting"
So now I clairified, and wait for an answer

Well, I will always say this.

You will never know unless you actually write. No one can read anything you wrote unless you let them.

Saying you're not good enough or aren't proper enough is silly. Just write something let someone read it and then let them review it. I wrote plenty of original stuff myself, and just having another person read it, even if they don't enjoy it is enough to push me.

Also, don't worry about an audience too much. If it's good, people will read it.

What do you recommend for learning how to properly write, as in a recommended book?

Uh oh!
BIG PROBLEM

I just said "c'est un rendez-vous" meaning it's date
She asked me what I meant, because rendez-vous means in french just a meeting
So now I clairified, and wait for an answer

Dammit man, don't shoot yourself in the foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom