• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well, she has a boyfriend!

Nice knowing your dating life, friender.
2f0.gif

Should I still go as friend? Or will it be akward?

You should probably go as a friend, as to not make it seem like you're only interested in her as a romantic option and more as a person. That way if she breaks up with her boyfriend at any point you'll still be around and have been a consistent friend.

You should probably go as a friend, as to not make it seem like you're only interested in her as a romantic option and more as a person. That way if she breaks up with her boyfriend at any point you'll still be around and have been a consistent friend.

Yep. Take it as an opportunity to build your friendship.

Duplolas

Banned
Should I still go as friend? Or will it be akward?

Stay a close friend. Act like you have embraced the friend zone, but in reality, you are just waiting until the second the two break up. Then you BREAK THE CHAINS THAT BIND YOU AND DRILL THROUGH THE HEAVENS THAT IS HER VAGINA BY BECOMING HER BOYFRIEND!

BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU.

360pages

What do you recommend for learning how to properly write, as in a recommended book?

Dammit man, don't shoot yourself in the foot!

Well, I would suggest signing up to a few sites and write some stuff for them. Just to get an understand and where your writing is at.

Reading helps a lot too, published stuff mostly. It helps you with grammar and prose. Is it too boggy or not enough.

Scribophile is pretty good, even though I didn't like the layout out too much.

croten

Stay a close friend. Act like you have embraced the friend zone, but in reality, you are just waiting until the second the two break up. Then you BREAK THE CHAINS THAT BIND YOU AND DRILL THROUGH THE HEAVENS THAT IS HER VAGINA BY BECOMING HER BOYFRIEND!

BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU.

Don't do that, that's kinda creepy.

If you like her then be friends but I wouldn't stick around in the hopes that they break up and she'll fall into your arms. They might be the two best people for each other, you don't know so don't just stick around just for that.

Well, I would suggest signing up to a few sites and write some stuff for them. Just to get an understand and where your writing is at.

Reading helps a lot too, published stuff mostly. It helps you with grammar and prose. Is it too boggy or not enough.

Scribophile is pretty good, even though I didn't like the layout out too much.

I meant that I need an idea and structure on how to write prose.

When I've written essays and passed writing exams, everything was based on an underlying argument or premise.

Writing prose is wholly different.

Duplolas

Banned
Don't do that, that's kinda creepy.

If you like her then be friends but I wouldn't stick around in the hopes that they break up and she'll fall into your arms. They might be the two best people for each other, you don't know so don't just stick around just for that.

Yeah you are right. But staying friends just because you like to hang out with her works. And if later on down the line the two break up, you can always jump in if she allows you to.

Just make sure it isn't because she needs to fill the void.
That means two things ;)

360pages

I meant that I need an idea and structure on how to write prose.

When I've written essays and passed writing exams, everything was based on an underlying argument or premise.

Writing prose is wholly different.

Well, that isn't something that really is a layout for. Sure there are common rules and laws in writing you should break and what not. But when it come down to prose it depends on both the reader and writer.

As long as the reader knows where a scene takes place and who is talking during said scene then its fine. From there it's up to you to know how to write it, what kind of prose you want to use, how much detail and length each scene has and the amount of dialog tags.

I simple structure, of a beginning, middle and end is usually required and I recommend that if you are writing your first story. Try to keep your first rather simple and not too complex. First or Third person limited, with some flavor sprinkled around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom