• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that isn't something that really is a layout for. Sure there are common rules and laws in writing you should break and what not. But when it come down to prose it depends on both the reader and writer.

As long as the reader knows where a scene takes place and who is talking during said scene then its fine. From there it's up to you to know how to write it, what kind of prose you want to use, how much detail and length each scene has and the amount of dialog tags.

I simple structure, of a beginning, middle and end is usually required and I recommend that if you are writing your first story. Try to keep your first rather simple and not too complex. First or Third person limited, with some flavor sprinkled around.

Okay! I'll give it a try.

NO. D: Wouldn't it be funny if the Boyfriend was someone in this thread.

Hi.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
gyo2.jpg

This image explains perfectly what Pokemon is collaborating with.

It works because their relationship isn't the only thing that's long. Amirite guys?! Guys? Allright, I'll let myself out.

Thank you for complementing my penis, but how the hell you know what my junk looks like?!

@_@

Write a story about a Skelerton who suddenly bursts from his skin and has to learn to live in society, explaining that everyday to everyone. Best part? He's a doctor.

You can call it "Boneside Manner."

Aaron. you are a hotbed of great ideas, but I need to learn how to do it alone.
Writer's block is half the battle, right?

Geez, I caught up and was gonna congratulate Oberon, but then continued to catch up.

I dunno if you still want advice, but some of my best friends are female and have boyfriends. Just treat them like anybody else, girls are people too.

Oberon

Banned
So I have learned some things today,
- apperantly I have no when a girl likes you or not
- Alway be clear from the beginning
- Not everybody changes their relationship status on facebook
- This things don't happen in Persona! But now I hope this is a feature in P5!

360pages

Thank you for complementing my penis, but how the hell you know what my junk looks like?!

@_@

It is, though sometimes you need to say fuck it, and just write it. My writers block usually appears when I have a scene I have no idea how to write well. So I say fuck it, and just write it, even if the scene is less than stellar. Get the story moving and writing again, and maybe I can go back and edit it later.

@_@

Well, it's hard to miss when it has to make it's way all the way to Sweden (Oberon's grill was a swedish exchange student right?)

Geez, I caught up and was gonna congratulate Oberon, but then continued to catch up.

I dunno if you still want advice, but some of my best friends are female and have boyfriends. Just treat them like anybody else, girls are people too.
Wait what? Huh?

So I have learned some things today,
- apperantly I have no when a girl likes you or not
- Alway be clear from the beginning

- Not everybody changes their relationship status on facebook
- This things don't happen in Persona! But now I hope this is a feature in P5!

Welcome to the club. Dating sucks! It's not straightforward as it can or should be.
The biggest thing, no matter how "unattractive" you may think you are, is to keep confident. Don't be afraid to be yourself. There's no woman out there who doesn't like confidence.

It is, though sometimes you need to say fuck it, and just write it. My writers block usually appears when I have a scene I have no idea how to write well. So I say fuck it, and just write it, even if the scene is less than stellar. Get the story moving and writing again, and maybe I can go back and edit it later.

Well I have to get to learning sometime. I'll work on it.

Well, it's hard to miss when it has to make it's way all the way to Sweden (Oberon's grill was a swedish exchange student right?)

French exchange student.

I'm pulling your leg. They secretly want to murder all of us. Stay vigilant.

Whew, almost had me there for a second.

In other news I finished the first chapter of Berserk. That guy was a snake. Also I continue to feel weirdly about Puck, but at least now I know who that is.

Its pretty cool so far, though. The action is good, but the art is pretty rough. Like, shockingly so considering the beautiful images I've seen randomly. Also, my scanlator calls him "Gatts" which sucks.

In other news I finished the first chapter of Berserk. That guy was a snake. Also I continue to feel weirdly about Puck, but at least now I know who that is.

Its pretty cool so far, though. The action is good, but the art is pretty rough. Like, shockingly so considering the beautiful images I've seen randomly. Also, my scanlator calls him "Gatts" which sucks.

Better than GATSU

Emouse

Holy crap project diva is the most distracting game I've ever played, I can't focus on what I'm supposed to be doing because there's so much going on, still fun as hell tho

Oberon

Banned
Welcome to the club. Dating sucks! It's not straightforward as it can or should be.
The biggest thing, no matter how "unattractive" you may think you are, is to keep confident. Don't be afraid to be yourself. There's no woman out there who doesn't like confidence.

Well I have to get to learning sometime. I'll work on it.

French exchange student.

She's isn't an exchange student. The exchange student is from sweden, those are two different personnes. I have to speak in French every day!

French girls are the worst! It's like they always have a boyfriend when you're interested in them. Shit sucks.

Oh you!

The first volume of berserk was released 24 years ago, it's fiiiiine. You'll just have to work your way through it. It also get's better quite fast, iirc. Not as good as it is now, but better at least.

She's isn't an exchange student. The exchange student is from sweden, those are two different personnes. I have to speak in French every day!
Oh you!

OH sorry. Got confused then.

Stay friends with her. Learn about girls. HAving a good Girl friend goes a long way to figuring out how to approach women without being called creepy.

Oberon

Banned
OH sorry. Got confused then.

Stay friends with her. Learn about girls. HAving a good Girl friend goes a long way to figuring out how to approach women without being called creepy.

So should I act as if it never happened? Mention it jokingly?

Do you thinks that that meeting would be a good opportunity to ask her if that other girl has a boyfriend too?
#shameless

Okingjrr

The topic is now accents we find attractive. I'm starting off with French, Irish and Scottish.

I'll take that as accents we find attractive when it's a girl speaking.
Can't think of many examples.
Southern US talking in english, french talking in english, british english talking in french.

Do you thinks that that meeting would be a good opportunity to ask her if that other girl has a boyfriend too?
#shameless

Don't bring it up again. Just go hang out with her like normal.

The topic is now accents we find attractive. I'm starting off with French, Irish and Scottish.

French, Irish, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.

When you're right, you're right
It helps that she's cute.

mon coeur!

Okingjrr

#shameless

I've never tried it, but casually adding "maybe her boyfriend can..." or something similar in the discussion could weed out the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom