• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Mr. North America? Ah, of course. You're not aware, you came along a bit later.
It's ok, young one. It's ok.

You weren't here for Maragidyne losing his sanity over that were you

Wetness all over.

The meltdown Maragi had for Ultimax and Smash U are nothing compared to the one he had for SMTIV.

He's Dutch.

Apologies, I wasn't aware of that. Since you said "based Canada" I thought you where Canadian.

My point still stands though.
I have basicaly payed 70 CHF for a Teddy ballon, and 10 persona cards.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Pat, for what it's worth, I am also pissed that Matt said Deadly Premonition before Twin Peaks when referring to the Red Room.

(I just finished the podcast. :lol)

Okingjrr

Shhhhh...we don't talk about that dark time....

Damnit sharing my youtube got me caught jk. I just thuoght it was funny that one person said it out of nowhere and then a few days later one of my classmates looked at me and said it

It's fine, I don't even remember the account name.
Oh yea, it's like picking up on references to stuff you just learned about.
I recently finished Snae Eater and all I hear now is: You're pretty good.

JoJo94

It's fine, I don't even remember the account name.
Oh yea, it's like picking up on references to stuff you just learned about.
I recently finished Snae Eater and all I hear now is: You're pretty good.

It's good that you don't it's too spoopy jk

I think my biggest moment like that was the baby.

I would laugh so hard if DP2 is announced like 2 years after the new season of Twin Peaks. Swery65 or one of his staff must of watched Twin Peaks. Like the resemblance is VERY STRONG.

I would laugh so hard if DP2 is announced like 2 years after the new season of Twin Peaks. Swery65 or one of his staff must of watched Twin Peaks. Like the resemblance is VERY STRONG.

Swery maintains that he's never seen it and doesn't know what interviewers are talking about when they say DP is just like Twin Peaks, despite DP having actual god damn assets from Twin Peaks in it, not to mention the entire story being an unofficial show-game.

croten

Swery maintains that he's never seen it and doesn't know what interviewers are talking about when they say DP is just like Twin Peaks, despite DP having actual god damn assets from Twin Peaks in it, not to mention the entire story being an unofficial show-game.

I call bullshit on that. I also find it hilarious

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It's got a motherfucking giant ice cream cone in the goddamn diner. Swery is a fucking liar. :lol

Maragidyne, you get lost or something? I told you I don't have too long to play...

I'm betting he's just scared he's gonna get sued or something if he owns up to it.

JoJo94

I was waiting for the
cool backwards talking little person to show up in DP

Hehe, that's a good one.

I just remember watching one of their videos and yelling what the fuck does the baby mean!!!

Depends on whether I can actually import it and how long it gets delayed. For things like Ultimax, which didn't even have a release date for EU at first, I just imported it from a certain awesome Canadian site. There are things I just can't import however, like games on Nintendo hardware. For those, like SMTIV, I just have a meltdown here and try to never speak of it again.

I'm on my way!

If I were you I'd just buy the North American version of Ninty handhelds.

Yoooo, Pat, have you gotten to try the Margaret DLC yet? I've been running through her Challenge Mode and training a bit, and she seems like the archetypical Arc System Works DLC character. (And by that I mean FUCKING OVERPOWERED.) It's a miracle that Adachi and Marie managed to come out fairly balanced though.

JoJo94

Depends on whether I can actually import it and how long it gets delayed. For things like Ultimax, which didn't even have a release date for EU at first, I just imported it from a certain awesome Canadian site. There are things I just can't import however, like games on Nintendo hardware. For those, like SMTIV, I just have a meltdown here and try to never speak of it again!

You're meltdown is still amazing...sad...but amazing

It will Happen in D4! Watch.

!!!emosewa eb lliw taht

Yoooo, Pat, have you gotten to try the Margaret DLC yet? I've been running through her Challenge Mode and training a bit, and she seems like the archetypical Arc System Works DLC character. (And by that I mean FUCKING OVERPOWERED.) It's a miracle that Adachi and Marie managed to come out fairly balanced though.

They're balanced because they were free. Got to make people want to pay for the good characters.

Okingjrr

I was waiting for the
cool backwards talking little person to show up in DP

I just remember watching one of their videos and yelling what the fuck does the baby mean!!!

Yea, I kept hearing the BABY in a lot of their videos, until I stumbled on a compilation of it, and was like "ooooooohhhhhh, now I see!"

Depends on whether I can actually import it and how long it gets delayed. For things like Ultimax, which didn't even have a release date for EU at first, I just imported it from a certain awesome Canadian site. There are things I just can't import however, like games on Nintendo hardware. For those, like SMTIV, I just have a meltdown here and try to never speak of it again.

I'm on my way!

That post is still the best thing to come out of BestGaf.

Oberon

Banned

I'm on my way!

Oh Wow, I am really sorry for reoppening that wound again.
Fuck Nintendo and Atlus

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also Pat, I was kinda hoping one of you noticed and would have brought up on the podcast how Shawn Layden, in that Vib Ribbon statement, basically straight up called region locking garbage.

The game released in Japan and Europe, but in the Americas not so much as a demo. Vib Ribbon is the “one that got away” and back then, when we still had that old-school thinking around regional lockout, there was no simple way for those outside of Europe and Japan to even encounter the game. It faded, lost to the chronicles of gaming history.

It's pretty refreshing to hear the CEO of SCEA basically say that region locking is a bunch of bullshit.

Also Pat, I was kinda hoping one of you noticed and would have brought up on the podcast how Shawn Layden, in that Vib Ribbon statement, basically straight up called region locking garbage.

It's pretty refreshing to hear the CEO of SCEA basically say that region locking is a bunch of bullshit.
That is really nice, even if it's likely just capitalizing on Nintendo's 3DS backlash.
Also, fair warning for anyone who's planning on buying the music DLC: Most of the songs don't smoothly loop.
Well shit. That's kinda lame. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who cares. I can confirm that out of the track list, P3 FES and Burn My Dread do not loop.
Whoa wait, they don't loop well right? They do loop, just badly?

If they came with the game it wouldn't be a huge deal, but if I'm paying money to download them I'd kinda want them to loop.

Perhaps he and David Lynch smoke the same things.

Rutti

Maragidyne getting his copy is giving me some hope too. And before you say I am behind don't worry I have been training.

tumblr_lztc54ZoyW1qiak3ao1_400.gif

I really suck

Jeez. Magaridyne, do you just import stuff from NA or what?

I'm in a similar boat to Magaridyne, in that I'm living in Urope.

The US PS Store is where I get most of my Atlus Games.
For ones that you need to get the physical release, there is an amazon third-party reseller based out of the Isle of Man that I've used.

Atlus really fucking hates Europe.

But I need my waifu fix...

What music DLC? Im looking at the Grace Chen Store and there's no Margie or Music DLC.

Margaret is out on the 360, as is the music DLC, but I'm not entirely sure about the PS3 version. (I have no idea what the fuck the Grace Chen Store is, but I'm talking about Ultimax, just to be sure we're on the same page.) There are two music pack DLCs right now, "Additional BGM: P3F" and "Additional BGM: P3". The P3F pack contains P3 FES (does not loop properly), Brand New Days, and Darkness, while the P3 pack contains Burn My Dread (does not loop properly), Memories of You (may not loop properly, testing), and Deep Mentality. There are also two free songs, which are Persona Invocation and Persona (couldn't find a link because trying to work with YT search is a bitch.)

Whoa wait, they don't loop well right? They do loop, just badly?

If they came with the game it wouldn't be a huge deal, but if I'm paying money to download them I'd kinda want them to loop.

They technically loop. However, the song ends abruptly, there's a three second pause, then the song just restarts.

It's not up yet.

Here's the list of all the music DLC: http://www.atlus.com/p4au/dlc/bgm_item.html

Oh, God, there actually is a P3P soundtrack download. I cannot fucking wait for Wiping All Out.

They technically loop. However, the song ends abruptly, there's a three second pause, then the song just restarts.
Well that's pretty shitty. I may still buy it too. Fuck. Maybe somehow the PS3 version will work.

Also the Grace Chen joke is that the PSN store updates when Grace Chen says it does. It refers to the super irregular times that updates go up.

I'm in a similar boat to Magaridyne, in that I'm living in Urope.

The US PS Store is where I get most of my Atlus Games.
For ones that you need to get the physical release, there is an amazon third-party reseller based out of the Isle of Man that I've used.

Atlus really fucking hates Europe.

But I need my waifu fix...

Pretty much the same here. I tend to buy whatever does come out here, but stuff like Persona 2 EP, Raidou 1, Raidou 2 I've just bought off NA PSN. It sucks that Atlus is doing a lot of 3DS games because the console is region locked. The wait for DeSu2 3DS will be murder, the wait for SMTIV has been murder. But the best thing about Persona Q
other than it being Etrian Odyssey
is that it's coming out only 3 days after NA's release. Things are hopefully looking up for Atlus fans in Europe.

I just hope Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is the same though it probably won't be. It's not Persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom