• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachi

Quick question. Does super best friends have a forum on their website? I mean look at you die hard fans with skeletons inisde you, 5 new threads basically talking about nothing ( i love it). I'm just wondering because it would sound like a great thing to have in the site

ultimax

This kid in my class was presenting a speech about "cliche's and bad writing" and he kept on using metal gear solid as an example. I think he's trying to get jumped or something

Quick question. Does super best friends have a forum on their website? I mean look at you die hard fans with skeletons inisde you, 5 new threads basically talking about nothing ( i love it). I'm just wondering because it would sound like a great thing to have in the site

If they had a forum, I would moderate the shit out of it.

Oberon

Banned
Well Japan has had it for awhile.

Shackzam, why don't you use the upgraded Avatar :O?

NXa5pur.png

Nope.

This is the forum.

Still didn't stop the shadow kanji from winning the ark revolution qualifier.

If the shadow burst could actually get you out of a combo, I could see them actually being legit. As it is, they're both bad in the long run, and not easy to use casually. A double edged sword of bad.

The curse only comes into effect when a kingdom starts to fail and not everyone has the curse which is why it's not always a problem. Kingdoms prospered but eventually fell to shit which is when the curse comes and causes problems, I think.

The Kingdom of Lordran was thriving UNTILL the undead curse came along.

Remember, the Gods built their mighty kingdom atop of the corpses of their once immortal opressors. They were scared to death
Heh puns
that the lowly humans who used to age and die all on their own now stood up once more after death and there was nothing they could do about it. Even the mighty dragons proved to be just as succeptible to death as the Gods are after they had taken away their scales. They panicked as the undead curse spread throughout the kingdom and they went through great lengths to try and put a stop to it. You can imagine how good of a job they did, I'm sure. :p

Also, as for the post you replied to, any non-human who's still around is either not dead or not real.

The Kingdom of Lordran was thriving UNTILL the undead curse came along.

Remember, the Gods built their mighty kingdom atop of the corpses of their once immortal opressors. They were scared to death
Heh puns
that the lowly humans who used to age and die all on their own now stood up once more after death and there was nothing they could do about it. Even the mighty dragons proved to be just as succeptible to death as the Gods are after they had taken away their scales. They panicked as the undead curse spread throughout the kingdom and they went through great lengths to try and put a stop to it. You can imagine how good of a job they did, I'm sure. :p

Also, as for the post you replied to, any non-human who's still around is either not dead or not real.

It's also worth noting that the way a lot of the descriptions are written, it looks like the curse was in effect for over a hundred years. Balder went from thriving Kingdom to totally overrun with the undead over a long period of time. The curse likely doesn't "activate" all that much, but eventually, because the undead never, ever die, and eventually they all hollow out, it's a losing battle. Just because Lordran is destroyed, along with Balder and most other places, it's clear that Astora, Vinheim, The Great Swamp and Thorolund are actually all probably fine. Solaire, Rhea and Griggs all came to Lordran after receiving the curse, implying that those places are more or less normal. Also, remember, the undead Asylum has like what...40 inmates? Total?

Shackzam

If the shadow burst could actually get you out of a combo, I could see them actually being legit. As it is, they're both bad in the long run, and not easy to use casually. A double edged sword of bad.

More like your balls deep in a ballsey sandwich and you take all the right kinds of risks. They are the all in version of almost each character and do take a certain type of person to play them.

Squishy3

Pat, on the podcast, when Woolie was talking about the weird Japanese TV, the best one is there's this show about an idol dressed as Asuka from Evangelion going around Europe and it's just fucking weird and it's been going on for like 10 years and she's finally coming back to Japan or some bullshit. I have no idea what the actual show is called but it's the most fascinating weird thing.

Japan is weird.

Squishy3

3DS doesn't even have Trophy Descriptions of what game they are from. Or Level Editor. This is the Weakest Smash Bros since the firstIMO. Hoping Wii U version is Great.
You can sort them by what game they're from I'm pretty sure.

The 3DS version of Smash is fine, but it's obviously not supposed to be the one you're to play constantly. I just hope you can transfer your unlocked stuff from the 3DS version to the Wii U one when it comes out.

Pat, on the podcast, when Woolie was talking about the weird Japanese TV, the best one is there's this show about an idol dressed as Asuka from Evangelion going around Europe and it's just fucking weird and it's been going on for like 10 years and she's finally coming back to Japan or some bullshit. I have no idea what the actual show is called but it's the most fascinating weird thing.

Japan is weird.

Asuka cosplay?

You know where she was last found?

I have... Reasons.

Xiraiya

Absolutely.
Having been watching Twin Peaks, every goddamn minor detail is almost the same, or was put in DP in some way it's unbelievable just how similar it is, for anyone who hasn't seen Twin Peaks, the reactions are no exaggeration. Even really obscure things appear in both, like the whole
Zach having white hair thing is pretty much based on that one guy who just suddenly woke up one day with white hair going around singing.
It's bananas.

More like your balls deep in a ballsey sandwich and you take all the right kinds of risks. They are the all in version of almost each character and do take a certain type of person to play them.

All the other player has to do though is save their burst until you try to use your shadow burst. and then they can just play defensive until you run out.
You're basically f-ed unless you're playing another shadow.

I got wrecked. I didn't realize so many things were different. I need some time to get used to this and start training when I finally can.
GG, Romars. Now I have some idea of how far I'm behind.

Yeah, he's really different now. But I hope with your training, you study some combos though! Don't expect to get by like you did in Arena.

Also, Looks like Margaret's not coming out yet, guess I'll have to wait til after work to play her.

Loco4Coco

3DS doesn't even have Trophy Descriptions of what game they are from. Or Level Editor. This is the Weakest Smash Bros since the firstIMO. Hoping Wii U version is Great.

I'm just glad the WiiU version won't be limited to 2 songs per stage. Hopefully you'll be able to unlock more music.

Shackzam

All the other player has to do though is save their burst until you try to use your shadow burst. and then they can just play defensive until you run out.
You're basically f-ed unless you're playing another shadow.
Then that means they don't have to worry about bursting from the other character unless they are about to lose the match. It definitely a weird meta game when theory fighting about shadow characters.

Then that means they don't have to worry about bursting from the other character unless they are about to lose the match. It definitely a weird meta game when theory fighting about shadow characters.

And the other player never has to worry about you bursting either, because you can't.

I don't know man, the way I see it normal fighters can already use their regular burst like a shadow burst, to turn a good combo into a monsterous one. Except they have a choice between using it offensively and defensively, and they don't get a bunch of nerfs for their trouble.

It's also worth noting that the way a lot of the descriptions are written, it looks like the curse was in effect for over a hundred years. Balder went from thriving Kingdom to totally overrun with the undead over a long period of time. The curse likely doesn't "activate" all that much, but eventually, because the undead never, ever die, and eventually they all hollow out, it's a losing battle. Just because Lordran is destroyed, along with Balder and most other places, it's clear that Astora, Vinheim, The Great Swamp and Thorolund are actually all probably fine. Solaire, Rhea and Griggs all came to Lordran after receiving the curse, implying that those places are more or less normal. Also, remember, the undead Asylum has like what...40 inmates? Total?

They only started locking undead in the Asylum as a last resort/as things got out of hand. I imagine they didn't have much time to ship a lot of people off and I'm sure there are lots of reasons you could come up with as to why the undead Asylum is as deserted as everywhere else. Maybe Oscar of Astora freed a bunch of them before? Other undead who didn't quite lose it yet? He's also not the only person in the world looking for the one foretold in the prophecy, so who knows how many people came by before him. Who knows how many undead the crow has flown to Lordran? The Crestfallen Warrior certainly isn't surprised all that much. Maybe the Asylum Demon just ate a bunch of them.

Also game reasons. I can't imagine the game having any fps at all had the Asylum been filled with Dead Rising levels of undead.

At least having humanity being something that people can just take from you and there being people who's job it is to do just that gives you a good ingame justification as to why you're playing Dark Souls and not Zombie Town.

And regarding the people coming to Lordran after the undead curse had spread to their civilization makes me wonder. Just how do people get the darksign exactly? Is it infectuous? Do you have to take someones humanity? Do you have to fit certain cryteria in order to get cursed? Does it just show up someday, randomly? Do you have to get slain by another cursed person?

360pages

I still think Brawl is worse than Smash 3ds. At least I actually enjoy playing this one. Brawl felt so floaty that I just unlocked everyone and quite after realizing the online was so bad.

I still think Brawl is worse than Smash 3ds. At least I actually enjoy playing this one. Brawl felt so floaty that I just unlocked everyone and quite after realizing the online was so bad.

Well sure, but Brawl had the exact opposite problems as this game. A poorer core game supported by a TON of content.

Neither is great, but at least this one plays better.

-
ALSO UNPLAYABLY LAGGY KANJIS ARE MOTHERFUCKERS

What was wrong with Brawl's netcode?

I mean I never tried to play online. I'm curious.

100% of my matches were local MP.

Xiraiya

Yeah that was my first impression, that Lordran was like a "Ground Zero" where it's fucked up and you can go there if you like, but the world is mostly fine, which is still weird since it has most of the "Gods" in it, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom