• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Manga Gaf is more warm then Anime Gaf, I always feel like they are judging me...

Anime fans are super judgemental. Look at the situation with Liam, he can't even say he likes anime without having people attack his taste.

Manga people are somehow different, it seems.

croten

Yeah you guys are pretty good at that. I had my first post ever like two days ago and no one even noticed. I'm glad I decided to join

We get so much new blood that I find it hard to tell when a new person comes along but I try to be open and friendly. Just make sure you like Gurren Lagann and we can be buds

We get so much new blood that I find it hard to tell when a new person comes along but I try to be open and friendly. Just make sure you like Gurren Lagann and we can be buds

I liked it so much I almost cried manly tears when
Kittan died to Libera Me From Hell

...It sounds like it's about time for the Doujin Rangers to rise again!

yeaaaaaah.gif

Emouse

I've played like 30 project diva songs in one sitting god this game is addictive, side note I wish the vita charge port was on the top of the damn thing

Anime fans are super judgemental. Look at the situation with Liam, he can't even say he likes anime without having people attack his taste.

me and a friend o mine discussed this phenomenon a while ago,
the conclusion we came to is that so many anime nerds seem to think that anime is a single genre as opposed to an entire medium, whereas with manga its much clearer to everyone just different it can get.
crazy anime people will expect you to watch equal amounts of action anime as you watch weirdly incestuous harem anime, because to many of them its the kinda the same thing.
crazy manga people will tend to realize that reading Berserk is not the same thing as reading Itoshi no Karin.

this is just our conclusion though, dont mean to be the arbiter of crazy fandoms.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of animu, if you like 2D beat-em-ups mixed with tactical RPGs and super Liam kawaii desu ne character designs, get Battle Princess of Arcadias from PSN. It's $7.49 until like Monday. It's pretty good. Excellent OST and (Japanese) VA too.

You'd think there'd be a bigger overlap between the two, but maybe the people who just like anime got that way because they keep getting told that the manga of the show they're enjoying is better.

One of my friends is really into anime and he simply just doesn't like to read manga (or comics for that matter). I think the last thing he read was Yubisaki Milk Tea and it just burnt him out for life, which is an appropriate reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom