• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

If they're anything like /a/ then it should be the other way around.

Well it was mostly due to how they were presented. Some members are super nice and all, but a lot of them hate fanservice, which is fine...but they also hate people who like fanservice to the point where even simply character motions. (Not even panty shots) gets them irritated.

I pretty much just gave an awkward smile most of my time there, but it felt like they sucked a lot of fun out of watching anime when they complain about every single one of those scenes. It got old really fast.

I should stop since I'm pretty much thread complaining now.

They're not wrong, but at the same time it's such a petty thing to get upset about for both communities. GB benefits from being a big organization, the Zaibuttsu aren't.

Damn, the salt pouring out of that post is nuts.

pat_s_salty_johns_by_sovietnickie-d5wrog2.jpg

That guy's post is actually the reason we got moved. Scroll down and you'll see Bish say "It's a good idea." I don't understand how people get bothered by us and GB being on the front page all the time.
EmCee's post about it in the GB thread makes me think this was in the cards/being discussed for a long time, he says 2 months or more.

I think the mods think about this kind of thing for awhile before doing anything. That post was probably in the middle of an ongoing talk about it.

Vagely on topic, did Terra ForMars the manga ever finish, and the translations never happened? I can only find translations up to chapter 85 and would really like to finish this story.

Not going to watch the anime though. Just something I've been curious about.

Xiraiya

Well it was mostly due to how they were presented. Some members are super nice and all, but a lot of them hate fanservice, which is fine...but they also hate people who like fanservice to the point where even simply character motions. (Not even panty shots) gets them irritated.

Oh well I can't hate that, fan service is a very delicate thing, I tend to hate it the worst when a series starts out with not much and then gets more and more ecchi as it goes, that always makes me the saltiest.
But something like Monogatari which is always that way inclined while also being a legitimately interesting series with interesting characters, makes it much less annoying.

Wait we got moved?

Big Update

My Team:

Narukami (Staryu) LV 17
Navi (Castform) LV 18
Issun (Heracross) LV 17
Snowmad (Walrein) LV 14

I had caught a Rhydon by the name of DrilDozer who died a minute later after suffering a critical hit from a wild Hitmonchan. Marle (Meditite) sacrificed her life so that Narukami finish off Rival Red's Mantine.

I then met Snowmad after Nugget Bridge. We are off to see a Wizard known as Bill at the end of the road.

They're not wrong, but at the same time it's such a petty thing to get upset about for both communities. GB benefits from being a big organization, the Zaibuttsu aren't.

Exactly. Zaibuttsu posts 2 vids a day on average. I assume that GB has a lot more media being outputted. That's why they have more on topic things to talk about. Whenever a new video is posted we usually shift our attention to it. I don't see the issue.

EmCee's post about it in the GB thread makes me think this was in the cards/being discussed for a long time, he says 2 months or more.

I think the mods think about this kind of thing for awhile before doing anything. That post was probably in the middle of an ongoing talk about it.

Shhhhh, we need an instigator.

No, but seriously, I'm pretty sure that post and the chain of other ones prompted the move. The mods probably were thinking about it, but that was the final nail in the coffin. It's not a huge deal, but I mean come on. That's rather petty.

Exactly. Zaibuttsu posts 2 vids a day on average. I assume that GB has a lot more media being outputted. That's why they have more on topic things to talk about. Whenever a new video is posted we usually shift our attention to it. I don't see the issue.

Their "on topic" bullshit is the same as ours…

They just talked about Face/Off on the Unprofessional Fridays. Jeff and Dan are literally Matt and Pat.

JEFF AND DAN set to the Green GREENS theme but replaced where Matt and Pat usually is in the theme? Im ok with this.

why would you ever stop?
It was fun while it lasted.
Shhhhh, we need an instigator.

No, but seriously, I'm pretty sure that post and the chain of other ones prompted the move. The mods probably were thinking about it, but that was the final nail in the coffin. It's not a huge deal, but I mean come on. That's rather petty.
Oh, I don't doubt it reinstated the talks, but I think arguments for and against the move were in the works for awhile
That guy specifically was a bit of an ass though, I agree.
It's time for a cumback baby
Lmao

That guy's post is actually the reason we got moved. Scroll down and you'll see Bish say "It's a good idea." I don't understand how people get bothered by us and GB being on the front page all the time.

It frees up two more spots on the front page for port-begging, #gamergate, ubi pls, meta-critic felating/disparaging, [LR]ttPs, Jimquisition, and saying God of War is better than Bayonetta.

The salt is real.
We also had hentai avatars and our talk pretty much dominated the thread, scaring off a lot of people. We all agreed to let the rangers and Team Shameless die in order for the thread to live.
So what you're saying is, you guys were all basically Itachi?
Name my Main Character and Rival for Nuzlocke pls

MC - DMX 2.0
Rival - Buttlord

Im kidding

SBFP and GiantBomb
Almost spat out my chocolate milk reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom