• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Dr. Mario has Mario's old moveset from 64 and Melee so it makes sense.

Lucina gives us a female option for Marth with different hitbox shit, so sure why not.

Dark Pit has stronger arrows and a better side-special. He's just better. Should have just given it to Pit instead and made Dark Pit an alt color. He was easy to make so that's why. (His theme song is awesome though, so awesome it's in the game twice).

If he was easy to implement then it's not a waste of a slot.

That's it. I give up. I plugged in a 2tb hard drive into my WiiU and I'll be grabbing Smash and Bayo digitally. Matts right. I'm buying discs (that I hate doing so now) on the worry that something bad may happen super far into the future. The only question now is whether or not I sell my existing discs and rebuy em digital.

I bet if you signed them and auctioned em off to the fans, there would be someone crazy enough to buy those physical games.

qTqXlJf.jpg

You're pretty good!

Squishy3

Dr. Mario has Mario's old moveset from 64 and Melee so it makes sense.

Lucina gives us a female option for Marth with different hitbox shit, so sure why not.

Dark Pit has stronger arrows and a better side-special. He's just better. Should have just given it to Pit instead and made Dark Pit an alt color. He was easy to make so that's why. (His theme song is awesome though, so awesome it's in the game twice).
I will always think Dr. Mario is a waste of a slot, there's no reason he can't just be a skin for regular Mario. And I almost exclusively played Dr. Mario in Melee. :p

That's it. I give up. I plugged in a 2tb hard drive into my WiiU and I'll be grabbing Smash and Bayo digitally. Matts right. I'm buying discs (that I hate doing so now) on the worry that something bad may happen super far into the future. The only question now is whether or not I sell my existing discs and rebuy em digital.

I don't trust nintendo's digital store as much as Sony or Microsoft. I don't mind buying digital, but I'll stick with physical for collector/trust reasons, especially when it comes to Nintendo.

Squishy3

I was contemplating buying Bayo 2 digitally but there's no way I can afford a new external plus Bayo 2 at this time, especially since I'm picking up a Xbone/PS4 by the end of the year.

I don't trust nintendo's digital store as much as Sony or Microsoft. I don't mind buying digital, but I'll stick with physically for collector/trust reasons, especially when it comes to Nintendo.

I literally don't have any more room for game boxes, and I fucking hate getting up and changing games. I hate it. Plus games load faster (by a fair amount) off a drive.

I was contemplating buying Bayo 2 digitally but there's no way I can afford a new external plus Bayo 2 at this time, especially since I'm picking up a Xbone/PS4 by the end of the year.

The tipping point was the fact that I got a new 4tb external for my PC and had an old 2tb laying around, so why the fuck not. Plus I had always wanted Bayo 2 digital for the load times, but it's fucking 17.5 gigs.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

My position has always been Fuck Nintendo on all things digital. They've taken some steps in the right direction with the Nintendo ID, but it's not enough. I'm far more lenient on Sony/Microsoft, but almost always prefer physical media.

I'm a rotten collector, though.

Squishy3

I don't trust nintendo's digital store as much as Sony or Microsoft. I don't mind buying digital, but I'll stick with physical for collector/trust reasons, especially when it comes to Nintendo.
Eh, as backwards as their account system is, at least I got to transfer all my Wii stuff over to my Wii U while with a PS4/Xbone all that digital content you bought on their old systems still requires a 360/PS3. And Sony's solution is PS Now on PS4 where you get to play games in worse visual quality with input lag and buy or rent them for ridiculous prices.

Embrace the future with both hands.

And that Luma.

I literally don't have any more room for game boxes, and I fucking hate getting up and changing games. I hate it. Plus games load faster (by a fair amount) off a drive.

I didn't even realize that faster load times were a thing and I can see the room thing being an issue because I'm running low on room also. I guess I'm old fashioned for just being a sucker for sick box arts/limited editions. The guilty gear limited edition one is a perfect excuse for why I'm going physical for that game too.

Eh, as backwards as their account system is, at least I got to transfer all my Wii stuff over to my Wii U while with a PS4/Xbone all that digital content you bought on their old systems still requires a 360/PS3. And Sony's solution is PS Now on PS4 where you get to play games in worse visual quality with input lag and buy or rent them for ridiculous prices.

It's probably just me being ridiculous. I just don't care for digital if physical is an option, even if it's a little more expensive.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

While that sucks, it's less about their digital rights management, and more about their backwards compatibility policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom