• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fangore is actually kind of fun, most of the characters felt like rejects from Killer Instinct games

iBcxI1Z.gif

Do I...Do I really want to see them?

360pages

Read the Tskihime manga, then read the sequel Melty Blood Manga, they are both good. (No one ever follows any of my recommendations).

My team right now:

Snowmad (Walrein) LV 25
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 25
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 25
Navi (Castform) LV 25 (My MVP)
Issun (Heracross) LV 25

Going to postpone the Celadon Gym and go kick Giovanni's ass in his own hideout.

Oberon

Banned
My team right now:

Snowmad (Walrein) LV 25
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 25
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 25
Navi (Castform) LV 25 (My MVP)
Issun (Heracross) LV 25

Going to postpone the Celadon Gym and go kick Giovanni's ass in his own hideout.

Some cool nickname you have there

edit: Just finished Daily Lives of High School Boys, De-Frag is next!

Oberon

Banned
Have you watched Nozaki-Kun? Watch Nozaki-kun

I haven't yet, but I added it too my to-watch list.

UGH the doktor has a tummyache.

I feel like crap and I have a good hour before I leave work and get home.

Been watching shareware videos of Ambrosia Software stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCnsC4ASEAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2KdeaRRmc

I am not sure if I should be happy or sad that I am too young to know what shareware is.
( I know what it is now, thanks to Matt)

Two more missions to go in Alien Isolation. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tension is definitely escalating the closer I get to the end, and
that space walk to realign the antenna dish was fucking breathtaking.

Also, poor Ricardo...

360pages

Quick question, why do you guys dislike Naruto so much?

I mean, from the sound of it, a lot of you haven't seen much of it. Did it just not click with you? Or was it grating? It's long as hell, so I understand dismissing it soon. But at the same time...

I love Naruto. But I hate it more. Primarily it's not even that's it's the worst thing ever, it has really high points and really low points that kind of cancel each other out, but more than anything that I hate about Naruto, I hate the wasted potential. Naruto could have been the best, following these character's lives from first becoming Ninjas all the way to being front runners in the Ninja World War sounds fucking incredible, but there's so much sloppy execution that it makes it super easy to dislike.

For all of the likable characters with cool ninja powers doing cool fights, there are an equal if not greater amount of boring and lame characters with boring and lame powers having boring and lame fights filled with flashbacks and exposition. The super highs are hundreds of episodes between, the average highs aren't actually all that high, and the average level of quality throughout is either completely mediocre or just outright boring and lame.

at this rate, I will never watch SAO...!!!

Good.

OH SHIT!

Deino, Bagon, or...Caterpie?

Bagon for the 'Mence.

I mean, from the sound of it, a lot of you haven't seen much of it. Did it just not click with you? Or was it grating? It's long as hell, so I understand dismissing it soon. But at the same time...

Too long and confusing for a lot of people, and the way it's going,
it looks like it's just going to end with a rather typical archtype fight.
Supposedly there's only three chapters left though.

Fact: Octopuses pry, drill, or chip away at prey item shells.

So, who here actually looks at the best friends registrar?
The answer should be no one since I haven't updated the thing in months and no one has brought it up.

Just kicked Team Rocket out of Celadon City.

My Team:

Issun (Heracross) LV25
Navi (Castform) LV 26
Snowmad (Walrein) LV 27
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 27
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 27

I have two options. Should I beat the Celadon Gym or Clear Team Rocket out of Lavender Town?

Just kicked Team Rocket out of Celadon City.

My Team:

Issun (Heracross) LV25
Navi (Castform) LV 26
Snowmad (Walrein) LV 27
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 27
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 27

I have two options. Should I beat the Celadon Gym or Clear Team Rocket out of Lavender Town?

I would get rid of the Rockets. Erika isn't tough, but the Rockets are weaker.

360pages

I love Naruto. But I hate it more. Primarily it's not even that's it's the worst thing ever, it has really high points and really low points that kind of cancel each other out, but more than anything that I hate about Naruto, I hate the wasted potential. Naruto could have been the best, following these character's lives from first becoming Ninjas all the way to being front runners in the Ninja World War sounds fucking incredible, but there's so much sloppy execution that it makes it super easy to dislike.

For all of the likable characters with cool ninja powers doing cool fights, there are an equal if not greater amount of boring and lame characters with boring and lame powers having boring and lame fights filled with flashbacks and exposition. The super highs are hundreds of episodes between, the average highs aren't actually all that high, and the average level of quality throughout is either completely mediocre or just outright boring and lame.

Good.

I can see that, a Naruto Kai of some sort would help a lot to cut out all the fillery shit and what not. Because some of the fights and stuff can get really good. Too bad the Anime's animation is straight up garbage most of the time outside of their fight scenes.

I guess it's due to the fact that I've been following it for nearly 10 years. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom