• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
I had to know what this was for some reason, so after a quick search, I found this anime is called Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru. Apparently they transform using a phone app, and the wheelchair chick uses sniper rifles and moves around with tentacles. Its... something alright.

Thank you, BossRush's drive by post left me wanting.

faCHOl1.png

Come on, old man.

I had to know what this was for some reason, so after a quick search, I found this anime is called Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru. Apparently they transform using a phone app, and the wheelchair chick uses sniper rifles and moves around with tentacles. Its... something alright.

Thank you. Added to the queue.

360pages

Sakura reminds me of a problem a lot of female characters suffer in shonens.

I do kind of have a beef with Sakura, more her character then anything else. More in the fact that she doesn't have any goals outside of Naruto and Sasuke. Her character feels like a weird hovering object. Which is a real shame since they actually could have done a lot more with her character.

Think about it, she is the only character in her entire class that doesn't have some sort of blood line ability or gimmick. (Naruto had shadow clones in part 1) they could have made it so that she felt somewhat insecure about that. Not being special and getting over it in her character arc for part 1.

Nope, despite not being able to do shit in part one and she keeping saying she would change that is never actually brought up. Her entire character just exist in part 1 rarely actually contributing anything.

That goes into my second problem with Sakura...what is her goals/goals in life? We never actually figure those out. Naruto wants to be Hokage, Sasuke always have shifting goals. Sakura one and only goal is getting Sasuke and helping Naruto.

We don't know what she wants to do after that. Maybe become a doctor, maybe make Anbu...nothing. Actually this is a problem with a lot of female characters, but at the same time. I know Ino either wants to run a flower shop or become the most beautiful Ninja in the world. Even if they are shallow, they are still goals that are outside of her character.

Even Hinata's man goal is to get Naruto, one of her other goals is getting more confident for herself. The same could be said for Sakura, but Hinata was trying to do so after she met Naruto while Sakura only started trying when Saskue left.

Every decision she made was for other characters. It's better than Tenten where you honestly say...who?

HEY! LISTEN! My friend has a PS4 but he doesn't use Twitch uploading...and I was wondering if it's possible to "stream" some content to Twitch using the PS4 and then downloading the video so I can use it elsewhere?

So I just went through the Safari Zone and caught myself a Jynx. And she needs a name

My Team:

Jynx LV 32
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 28
Navi (Castform) LV 28
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 30
Snowmad (Walrein) LV 30
Issun (Heracross) LV 28

Gonna take a break. Please help give Jynx a videogame related nickname. She desperately needs it.

Oberon

Banned

Yeah she was pretty much written to be a useless character. During that test in the forest when Naruto and Sasuke where unconscious. She could do nothing! Lee had to fight for her!
Speaking of Lee, why does he fall in love with her?
At the end of part 1, is was implied in a scene that Tenten might have fallen for him
And Naruto, Hintata is just there! Believe it!
That's actually the worst part, character fall in love for her, but there's no reason for that. She might be pretty, sure but what else?
It's just like Yukiko, character imply that she's desirable, but there's nothing to show that.

Oberon

Banned
So I just went through the Safari Zone and caught myself a Jynx. And she needs a name

My Team:

Jynx LV 32
Nashandra (Nidoqueen) LV 28
Navi (Castform) LV 28
Izanagi (Jolteon) LV 30
Snowmad (Walrein) LV 30
Issun (Heracross) LV 28

Gonna take a break. Please help give Jynx a videogame related nickname. She desperately needs it.

from persona 3 : Mitsuru
Because ice

360pages

Yeah she was pretty much written to be a useless character. During that test in the forest when Naruto and Sasuke where unconscious. She could do nothing! Lee had to fight for her!
Speaking of Lee, why does he fall in love with her?
At the end of part 1, is was implied in a scene that Tenten might have fallen for him
And Naruto, Hintata is just there! Believe it!
That's actually the worst part, character fall in love for her, but there's no reason for that. She might be pretty, sure but what else?
It's just like Yukiko, character imply that she's desirable, but there's nothing to show that.

Yeah, Naruto, Lee and random Ninja guy. They all fall in love with her for some reason, but to be she is the least attractive of the bunch. Like really the most dull appearance wise and her personality is only okay. At least Hinata has the perfect Waifu thing going for her, hell I find Karin a more interesting and funny character then Sakura.

Though that goes back to the fact that the females of the series aren't that great.

Oberon

Banned
Yeah, Naruto, Lee and random Ninja guy. They all fall in love with her for some reason, but to be she is the least attractive of the bunch. Like really the most dull appearance wise and her personality is only okay. At least Hinata has the perfect Waifu thing going for her, hell I find Karin a more interesting and funny character then Sakura.

Though that goes back to the fact that the females of the series aren't that great.

Since writing is your thing, what would you consider a well written female character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom