• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Since writing is your thing, what would you consider a well written female character?

Easy, what I consider a well written character.

Trying to write a female specific thing is silly. Just have a character have a goal and them try to reach it. Something no female in Naruto have, all of their goals is directly directed to a male character. They don't have dreams of their own.

Whether it be opening a shop, or becoming a ruler of something. A character should have their own goal with no connections to other people unless it's a really specific reason. Have it be eternal or something.

Oberon

Banned
Easy, what I consider a well written character.

Trying to write a female specific thing is silly. Just have a character have a goal and them try to reach it. Something no female in Naruto have, all of their goals is directly directed to a male character. They don't have dreams of their own.

Whether it be opening a shop, or becoming a ruler of something. A character should have their own goal with no connections to other people unless it's a really specific reason. Have it be eternal or something.

Interesting,
Have you read berserk? If so, what would you consider Caska?

360pages

Interesting,
Have you read berserk? If so, what would you consider Caska?

I actually never read too much of berserk. I'm not sure if I can handle impaled babies. Though if you could describe her character and what she want, I'm happy to listen. Though take my opinion with a grain of salt. I should never be listened to or anything like that.

360pages

i leave for a night and come back to well reasoned discussions for why naruto sucks, and Nuzzlockes.
im fine with this.

It's more the fact, despite being a female lead of a 15+ year manga. I have no idea what the hell Sakura's goals are. What she does or why she does it other than Sasuke and Naruto.

I'm gonna be so jelly if/when either Pat or Woolie get to experience the EVA theme park.

Japan, you're 5 years away! I will get my ass there!

360pages

All this talk about characters and writing makes me wonder about my own writing most of the time. Since I decide a characters personality and backstory before I decide their gender. It's kind of weird.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm gonna be so jelly if/when either Pat or Woolie get to experience the EVA theme park.

Its so fucking sick. I'll be legit disappointed if one of them doesn't go. The park also has the tallest rollacoaster in the world which is horrible. I'm glad some reference was made to the robot restaurants. They are actually mental.

All this talk about characters and writing makes me wonder about my own writing most of the time. Since I decide a characters personality and backstory before I decide their gender. It's kind of weird.

You saw Nozaki-Kun? It actually makes fun of what you've just addressed.

Emouse

just beat The Evil Within, overall it was really good spoilers I guess?

end boss and ending leave something to be desired, a cool end sequence but no proper boss fight, don't expect answers either like damn

Minor gameplay related spoilers too

use your magnum rounds before the end boss because you won't get to use them

overall pretty good I enjoyed it a lot, has the resident evil style completion bonus weapons and stuff too for your second round, and also bullshit one hit death difficulty if you're really feeling it
insert shulk

Wait wait wait...imagine the Zaibatsu being the voice of your GPS system...

Turn left fucker!!!

I could very easily see this happening....

"Is it the next left, or the one after? I'll check just my NaviPat™!"

"I don't fucking know. I can't even drive."

"Thanks NaviPat™!"

Its so fucking sick. I'll be legit disappointed if one of them doesn't go. The park also has the tallest rollacoaster in the world which is horrible. I'm glad some reference was made to the robot restaurants. They are actually mental.

Aw man. I wanna go to Japan!!!!!!

Trying to think of what the others would say

Dude what the fuck are you doing the left turn was right fucking there woof

I'll start writing the story jk.

saw your edit...we really got you hooked...
" See you later fuckers"

Nope, what did they say about it. I'm actually interested.

The show makes fun of Shojo Manga and those romance tropes aren't the gender you think they are. Give it a watch, only 12 episodes.

Oberon

Banned
I actually never read too much of berserk. I'm not sure if I can handle impaled babies. Though if you could describe her character and what she want, I'm happy to listen. Though take my opinion with a grain of salt. I should never be listened to or anything like that.

Woof! I tried to make a summairy of character now, but it would be pretty much the entire second arc of the manga. It's the only way her motivations would make sense.

JoJo94

I could very easily see this happening....

"Is it the next left, or the one after? I'll check just my NaviPat™!"

"I don't fucking know. I can't even drive."

"Thanks NaviPat™!"

Okay we need to start making this

Aw man. I wanna go to Japan!!!!!!

" See you later fuckers"

What's one for Woolie?

Matt: I am a small potato and I believe in you. You can get to your location.

Golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom