• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
411.gif

watch out for the skeleton with guns guys

Village

Does it really need an explanation?
They worked a popular franchise into the ground with their atrocious FFXIII trilogy and that pitiful piece of shit protagonist they call Lightning (which they happily shove into everything)
Into the ground...

* looks at the hype train for final fantasy 15
* looks at the apprciation for a realm reborn
* looks at the love of type zero

The fuck are you talking about in the ground....

Oh its one statements like reasident evil is dead, when in actuality its never been more popular and the person making the statement is irrelevant

their insane focus on visual fidelity
Aestetic choice...? That they aren't unique in? That other companies also focus on?

and poor business choices (which then affect the quality or localization of games)
Thats fiar, thats totally fair, I would not say they are dumb as sega or as bad as capcom but thats totally fair. They choose to take people off of namura's shit to have them work on toriyama's for all who don't know which is ff13 stuff. So poor buisness choice, totally valid criticism.

the scams that are some of their mobile games
Totally fair

the occasional shadiness of their PR department
thats fair, that's also not unique to them.
and simply the nosedive that took place where square was once one of the greatest JRPG developers of all time, but is fucking nothing this day and age.
Nothing... you mean the people who have people hype of the concept of final fantasy and KH that has never actually confirmed to actually exist until 2013 for up to and over a decade. If they were nothing they wouldn't be making shit tons of money, they woudn't have people hype as shit over future installments of their franchises.

Or as I mentioned before, this must be this thing where we say something is dead or nothing, because someone has hung out on gaf to long and thinks their opinion is more than a drop in a bucket in most cases. And not minority opinion on a minority special interest ( that sounds racist but its not ) site.
There's more of course, but all it takes is one good google search. It's just the accumulation of the dumb shit they've said and done over the years that just made me and many others get fed up with their stupid shit.
Maybe you should post those things, instead of opinions that aren't shared by the majority.

Also, Jim had an episode about SE that I agreed with, here it is.
Jim's episode is uninformed whining, and shows that he has no fucking idea whats going on at SE was quickly addressed in the thread for what it is. And also shows he doesn't understand what the fuck a commission is. Which dictates that nothing is wrong with that batman, because paid nomura to go nomura on the batman. Thats why they paid him, to make a batman like that. They wanted that, like they want SE's weird bullshit in terms of games, eliminating the entire point of that episode. Because jim sterling coudn't think of something and wanted to whine for like 10 minutes.

Oberon

Banned
godammit that's cute. I want this to be a thing now.

In the Nintendo dating sim
There's 3 routes for Samus story. She either end up with the protagonist, Is all sad about Adam and don't want to date anyone, and the,fanfavorite ending is she ends up with little Mac. For that ending you have to max out both and answer "No" to Samus's request to help her decorating the Schoo class for the summer festival.

Village

In the Nintendo dating sim
There's 3 routes for Samus story. She either end up with the protagonist, Is all sad about Adam and don't want to date anyone, and the,fanfavorite ending is she ends up with little Mac. For that ending you have to max out both and answer "No" to Samus's request to help her decorating the Schoo class for the summer festival.

I think atlus should help the pokemon people work in a waifu. husbano system into their next game

Oberon

Banned
The Summer Festival is E3 and the other classes are the other companies, who are all jerks.

-Hatsune Miku ( president of the chore at the PlayStation high): B-but Waluigi-kun, I don't know if PlayStation-sensei will approve of this relationship!
-Waluigi ( President of the Tennis club and star player,at Nintendo high school ) :
Whaaaaaaaaaa!

croten

Into the ground...

* looks at the hype train for final fantasy 15
* looks at the apprciation for a realm reborn
* looks at the love of type zero

The fuck are you talking about in the ground....

Oh its one statements like reasident evil is dead, when in actuality its never been more popular and the person making the statement is irrelevant

Aestetic choice...? That they aren't unique in? That other companies also focus on?

Thats fiar, thats totally fair, I would not say they are dumb as sega or as bad as capcom but thats totally fair. They choose to take people off of namura's shit to have them work on toriyama's for all who don't know which is ff13 stuff. So poor buisness choice, totally valid criticism.

Totally fair

thats fair, that's also not unique to them.

Nothing... you mean the people who have people hype of the concept of final fantasy and KH that has never actually confirmed to actually exist until 2013 for up to and over a decade. If they were nothing they wouldn't be making shit tons of money, they woudn't have people hype as shit over future installments of their franchises.

Or as I mentioned before, this must be this thing where we say something is dead or nothing, because someone has hung out on gaf to long and thinks their opinion is more than a drop in a bucket in most cases. And not minority opinion on a minority special interest ( that sounds racist but its not ) site.

Maybe you should post those things, instead of opinions that aren't shared by the majority.

Jim's episode is uninformed whining, and shows that he has no fucking idea whats going on at SE was quickly addressed in the thread for what it is. And also shows he doesn't understand what the fuck a commission is. Which dictates that nothing is wrong with that batman, because paid nomura to go nomura on the batman. Thats why they paid him, to make a batman like that. They wanted that, like they want SE's weird bullshit in terms of games, eliminating the entire point of that episode. Because jim sterling coudn't think of something and wanted to whine for like 10 minutes.

Just watched that video, which parts of Jims arguments are invalid? He's right about the Final Fantasy games just having too much detail to notice or understand what the fuck is going on at all. When he summarized the plot I got lost about 3 or 4 words in because I didn't have a clue what he was talking about, because FF13 made no fucking sense

Village

Just watched that video, which parts of Jims arguments are invalid? He's right about the Final Fantasy games just having too much detail to notice or understand what the fuck is going on at all
Like the batman figure people pay for their games to be like that, they like this, they enjoy it. Thats why they are hype about ffxv and kingdom hearts , this interests them, and it do very well.
His point was to push this is whats wrong and this is whats driving away costumers, when in actuality this is why people are buying square enix games, and are hype about 15 because they like their weird brands of bullshit. Supply and demand.

So whats wrong with square enix in his opinion isn't really wrong , he should be yelling the fan base for wanting this rather than the devs for being crative.

When he summarized the plot I got lost about 3 or 4 words in because I didn't have a clue what he was talking about, because FF13 made no fucking sense
Thats... a you problem? Or them problem? Both?No I say them, if did something that you did not understand they have failed to communicate it to you correctly.

Village

It would be the highest selling pokemans thing ever

Also pokemon continuing their reign ^^ since gen 5 of their amazing sick ass character designs that need to be in fighting games.

180px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Flannery.png

Village

^^ predictabol for you Aaron

Look at this dude, look at this sick ass character design, why can I not fight the streets with this dude?

200px-Black_White_Marshal.png

Like the batman figure people pay for their games to be like that, they like this, they enjoy it. Thats why they are hype about ffxv and kingdom hearts , this interests them, and it do very well.
His point was to push this is whats wrong and this is whats driving away costumers, when in actuality this is why people are buying square enix games, and are hype about 15 because they like their weird brands of bullshit. Supply and demand.

So whats wrong with square enix in his opinion isn't really wrong , he should be yelling the fan base for wanting this rather than the devs for being crative.

Thats... a you problem? Or them problem? Both?No I say them, if did something that you did not understand they have failed to communicate it to you correctly.
But didn't the sequels to 13 sell way worse than the first one? That would be evidence that people do not like how they handled the story in those games. The walls of text that you have to read to fully understand just what the hell is going in the games is awful and is a complete failure of SE in terms of world building and storytelling

Village

Holy shit now I need a fighting game with just gym leaders.

Flannery is basically Fei Long with C.Viper's Flame Kick

Game freak needs to make a fighting game, but do not change of their design philosophy with the humans.

But didn't the sequels to 13 sell way worse than the first one? That would be evidence that people do not like how they handled the story in those games. The walls of text that you have to read to fully understand just what the hell is going in the games is awful and is a complete failure of SE in terms of world building and storytelling

Thats true fair, not a fan of how they handled 13's brand of bullshit . However Thats one guy, Namura's brand of bullshit is a brand they continue to buy and arguable his shit is way more existential and convoluted. Like we don't this weak shit, we want the guy who turned Disney X Square into existentialist bullshit prime

Also they bought other projects with rather complicated stories, like Type 0 had demand over here, KH games and stuff like that. 13 was just a bad one. They still want this though,

croten

You missed the point didn't you? The Batman design wasn't the problem it was a metaphor for Square Enix. Jim doesn't attack fanbases anyway, he fight's for them.

your second point is exactly what I and Jim are saying. Square Enix is at fault for having atrocious writing

Village

You missed the point didn't you? The Batman design wasn't the problem it was a metaphor for Square Enix. Jim doesn't attack fanbases anyway, he fight's for them.

your second point is exactly what I and Jim are saying. Square Enix is at fault for having atrocious writing
I'm saying thats a poor choice for a metaphor because people buy and like this. So this is whats wrong with square is nothing because people give them money. for that

Same with your writing point people like that existentialist shit. Im sorry if you arent the biggest fan, people like it. Doesnt mean they shouldn't try new things with narrative though

croten

I'm saying thats a poor choice for a metaphor because people buy and like this. So this is whats wrong with square is nothing because people give them money. for that

Same with your writing point people like that existentialist shit. Im sorry if you arent the biggest fan, people like it. Doesnt mran they shouldn't try new things with narrative thought

People can like all they want, it doesn't make it any less bad. I don't care if people like it, again that's not the point

Hey Guys.. Ive been thinking about this for awhile. Should I go Pro in Tekken? Like I have gotten Pretty Damn good over the years And I think I'm Ready. I'm a King Main and I beat mostly my Fighting game friends(who been to tournaments) as King, they think I should but Idk.

Frienders Help!.

croten

My argument is it bad or is it you dont like it.

Well I don't understand your point. You say that people like it but that's kind of irreverent. There will always be people who like something, and how big is the hype for FF15? Is anywhere close to the previous games such as 10 or 12, I'm sure people were hyped for 13 as well.

Am I too late for the tattoo talk??

Any Metal Gear Rex tattoo would be on my back already if I wasn't afraid of being disowned by my parents and if tattoos weren't so expensive.

Hey Guys.. Ive been thinking about this for awhile. Should I go Pro in Tekken? Like I have gotten Pretty Damn good over the years And I think I'm Ready. I'm a King Main and I beat mostly my Fighting game friends(who been to tournaments) as King, they think I should but Idk.

Frienders Help!.
When you say go pro, do you mean dedicating your income and livelihood, or getting really serious and playing tournaments.

Frienders Help!.

"Going Pro" is a weird thing to say about fighters, since 99% of everyone does it as a hobby, no matter how serious they are. Just start going to tournaments and see how you do, I go to tournies occasionally and I'm terrible, it's a fun place to get drunk and yell at people regardless of skill.

croten

Frienders Help!.

Why not? What have you too lose after all, you should go to some tourneys to see how well you compare to others. But I don't play much fighting games in general so what do I know.

Frienders Help!.
If there is a local tourney enter it and see how you do, depending on how you do there you can expand your range and go to tourneys farther away. That would be my advise at least

Shackzam

Frienders Help!.
Nothing bad about going out to compete. You get to see how good you really are when competing against a larger crowd. The chicago scene is pretty fucking good at Persona and they knocked my ass around, but I got better when I played with them.

Frienders Help!.

Usually at my local cons, they have tournaments over there, so see if you can win there.

So is the Nuzlock worth watching?
As a big pokemon fan, will it be painful to watch due to bad advises, ot straight out misinformation about the game?

Watch the Nuzlocke until it becomes obvious that Woolie doesn't want to be there anymore, then skip to the Road to Final Victory.

Has anyone praised Woolie for the brilliant idea to revitalize the worst LP they've ever done and turn it into one of the hypest moments in TBFP history? Using a stream to get around their knowledge problem, and marathoning it so that the hype of the elite four was always right on the horizon... Genius.

Village

Well I don't understand your point. You say that people like it but that's kind of irreverent. There will always be people who like something, and how big is the hype for FF15? Is anywhere close to the previous games such as 10 or 12, I'm sure people were hyped for 13 as well.

dudes waited 8 years for this game namura began that didnt actuaaly start development untill 2012. Hype is high.

its a namura action rpg , hype is high. Though its tabata now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom