• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
I meant the criticism towards Pat in general and how he complains about things. I've been hearing it a lot more recently in series and stuff outside of Dark Souls.

Level design, boss fights, more interesting characters, better mechanics when it comes to dying (world tendency vs losing tiny bits of health which can easily be gotten back). Basically everything but graphics and the flexibility of the combat system.

And its totally fine if you wanna criticize/complain about Pat, just like how I'm criticizing/complaining about those people.

Mhm, ok now I remember. We'll we have agree to disagree. Then again, when I played Demon's souls I was pretty salty about my PS3 stop reading disks. I could play D's S because it was digital, and I thought during the entire playthrough " I wished I could play DS right now instead of this"
Maybe I should give it a fair shot.

I will cerainly not complain too much about Pat anymore. Unless it gets as bad as that part where he complains those miner enemies because they're fat dudes with hammer.

Top 5 RPGs of any type:
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Dark Souls
  • Monster Hunter
  • Paper Mario (and TTYD)
    IT FUCKING COUNTS OK
  • SMT: Nocturne
Having just started DDS 1, it could maybe take a spot before long, or it's sequel if it's even better. Honorable Mentions to New Vegas.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So, I've had a thought about Berserk. Is Guts cutting things, or is he just breaking them in half? They go on and on about how it's not even sharp or a sword really, but things are cut so cleanly.

I last played FF8 about three years ago and Squall was just as lame as when I was a kid.

Honestly its probably a bit both, plus gut's ridiculous arm strength that can make a butter knife cut through steel.

Top 5 RPGS
1. Persona 3 portable cause part control
2.final fantasy 7
3. Tales of symphonia
4. Chrono Trigger
5....I cant remember any other rpgs from other series ive played and I dont know if I can pick Dark souls...

Oberon

Banned
Oh, we're doing top 5 jrpg now? Ok

1. Pokemon black
2. Pokemon Platinum
3. Pokemon emerald
4. Pokemon Heartgold
5. Persona 3

Mhm, ok now I remember. We'll we have agree to disagree. Then again, when I played Demon's souls I was pretty salty about my PS3 stop reading disks. I could play D's S because it was digital, and I thought during the entire playthrough " I wished I could play DS right now instead of this"
Maybe I should give it a fair shot.

I will cerainly not complain too much about Pat anymore. Unless it gets as bad as that part where he complains those miner enemies because they're fat dudes with hammer.

I played DeS for the first time after finishing DS2 and I enjoyed it significantly more. DS2 just dragged really hard until the latter third where it was a little better in quality. Still, even its best areas are nothing compared to DeS/DS1 or its own DLC.

And I also didn't wanna come off as being a dick for what I said before, sorry about that :(

Gestahl

Dark Souls 2 is the Skyrim of the Souls Series, pretty good by it's self, but not really an improvement over a previous entry.

Oblivion was a pile of broken, mushy potato head garbage. Skyrim was bad too but at least it didn't become nearly unplayable because you leveled up too much

And the Majestic Greatsword is one of the tamest references From has ever made in any of its products so who gives a shit, at least it's something different from the Moonlight Greatsword being in every single game

croten

In no particular order

Chrono trigger

Fallout New Vegas

Xenoblade

Dark Souls

Aaand I cant really think of any at the moment... fuck it I'll go with Disgaea 1 since no one else mentioned it and I'd rather keep it one per series

360pages

Like Sonic Adventure?

Yep pretty much, it's actually really good and each one focus on a theme.

One theme is like a fighting game with nothing but bosses. Another is a weird survivor horror thing like Alien and one is a super robot throw back with a lot of others thrown in.

No two story feels the same, even if they use the same battle system.

Aaand I cant really think of any at the moment... fuck it I'll go with Disgaea 1 since no one else mentioned it and I'd rather keep it one per series

Oooooh shit, I forgot about Tactical RPGs. That changes so much... Throw Disgaea, Fire Emblem 7 and Tactics Ogre on my list.

foxuzamaki

In no particular order

Chrono trigger

Fallout New Vegas

Xenoblade

Dark Souls

Good man

Who here is getting Tales of Hearts R?

Hermione_-_hand_raise.gif

foxuzamaki

Friday, we took GB gaf with us too tho.

Bish happened on friday.

Couple days ago, had a battle with the Giant Bomb community because we got them moved too.

Few days ago. You can read us freak out jokingly about 10 pages back. We also invaded GiantBomb cause they got moved with us.
Beaten like a small child.

Heh, interesting.

Community is where OT threads go to die, but we seem to be doing pretty good activity wise.

Xiraiya

Quality character? Maybe. Character I have any remote amount of interest in following or playing as? Absolutely not.
I can definitely understand that, I always liked him, even though he starts as a bit of a shit, I mainly just really wish other Final Fantasy games did that kind of internal dialogue with the protagonist because it really added a lot.

guess I'll do this then

1. Fallout new vegas

2. deus ex

3. persona 4

4. witcher 2

5. morrow wind

I'll probably change this list by the end of tonight

Oberon

Banned
I played DeS for the first time after finishing DS2 and I enjoyed it significantly more. DS2 just dragged really hard until the latter third where it was a little better in quality. Still, even its best areas are nothing compared to DeS/DS1 or its own DLC.

And I also didn't wanna come off as being a dick for what I said before, sorry about that :(

It's Ok, I know DS 2 could've been better.

croten

Heh, interesting.

Community is where OT threads go to die, but we seem to be doing pretty good activity wise.

They thought they could put us down. They thought they could tame us, but they were wrong.

We have become more powerful than they could have ever imagined

Agent York

Neo Member
Alright been away from the thread for two weeks, it can't be that b- 220 Pages

... so what did I miss guys? lol

I'm nearly done with DtB, so can someone give me a refresher on the order of Hajime no Ippo before I start? I know it goes original series -> New Challenger -> Rising, but where do Champion Road and Kimura vs Mashiba fit in the order?

I'm nearly done with DtB, so can someone give me a refresher on the order of Hajime no Ippo before I start? I know it goes original series -> New Challenger -> Rising, but where do Champion Road and Kimura vs Mashiba fit in the order?

after the original series but before new challenger

Oberon

Banned

Nothing really important happend.
I think we all should just move on , and stop looking at the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom