• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also ready for the Korra game since you've seen book 2.

EDIT: Apparently there will be subtle references to book 3 in the game as well.

Yeah let me just set apart some...
empty-wallet.jpg

Oh

Zenfalcia

you mean the best love and copulation scene ever transcribed in any written language? 2 years of worth of pure love made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into our hearts

There was no copulation scene.
So the author said. It's unofficial, but in my heart it's official. Also spoilers, but whatever.

It's arguably "da bes" chapter with the most "plot".

Zenfalcia

It's more that they complain that they don't want to watch it the whole time and ruin the enjoyment I get from watching it. It's not that I can't and more that I don't want to watch it with them there.

So you can't just hide in a corner/room and watch it with headphones on?

I tried reading 16.5, the cringe is real. I can see why the author decided just ti imply it rather putting that in his books.

You have to finish it like a man.
Finish the climax. I might even reread it.

But in Cowboy Bebop people fall out of churches
And they fight in space
And they do weird drugs
And the dog is the smartest character
And the fight scenes go like this
giphy.gif

360pages

So you can't just hide in a corner/room and watch it with headphones on?

You have to finish it like a man.
Finish the climax. I might even reread it.

I can't, it's just too much. It doesn't help the entire thing is bogged down with tons of exposition dump in the middle of a fucking sex scene!

Zenfalcia

I could, but that wouldn't be very comfortable and I'm having to do things with these people so I rarely have enough time alone to watch a full thing. I'm super behind on SBF videos too.

Ah, ic ic. Just try to find some time to watch a video/anime episode or two or wait to binge watch when you finally get some time.

I can't, it's just too much. It doesn't help the entire thing is bogged down with tons of exposition dump in the middle of a fucking sex scene!

I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THE RICH NARRATIVE OF WHY AND HOW THIS 16 YEAR OLD IS TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF INSIDE MY VIDEO GAME TO FUCK THIS 15 YEAR OLD

360pages

I found that part hilarious and just kept reading at the mediocre scene.

He talks about how much he wants to have sex, then talks about something else, then he explains dumbass programing, because that is what makes people hot and bothered.

It would be like writing an action scene where the characters talk about the desgin and development of fans because they were in an apartment store.

Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I have absolutely no problems with the Gurren Lagann dub. I like Kamina's voice, and Rossiu's voice, and not Leeron's voice, and Viral's voice is good.

He talks about how much he wants to have sex, then talks about something else, then he explains dumbass programing, because that is what makes people hot and bothered.

It would be like writing an action scene where the characters talk about the desgin and development of fans because they were in an apartment store.

That is the best analogy I've heard all day.

Zenfalcia

I might have to reread it just for a laugh. I don't remember all the technical parts he spouts as he plays with her.

Guys give me some podcasts that are worth my time. Current list:

Friday Night Comedy from BBC4
Giant Bombcast
Penn's Sunday School
Super Best Friendcast (duh)
The Bugle
Welcome to Night Vale (because I am a scientist)

360pages

Honestly, I notice a lot of books and even movies and shows have a lot of dialog during action scenes. Where in truth you'll probably exchange a sentence at most for every 30 attacks. Though I tend to keep my action scenes short.

Zenfalcia

Anything! As long as it's quality and has a relatively regular update schedule.

Well, you can listen to either old Drunktank podcasts or the rebranded Roosterteeth podcast or the splinter of the Roosterteeth podcast, The patch. It's funny and almost never on topic. Just a bunch of dudes talking about anything and being wrong, a lot.

Here's a teaser.

360pages

Damn it, someone I know is really into RWBY, but I just can't. Something feels off about, the second episode killed it for me. Though I just might bite the bullet and look at the next two.

Damn it, someone I know is really into RWBY, but I just can't. Something feels off about, the second episode killed it for me. Though I just might bite the bullet and look at the next two.

It feels off because it's not good. The production quality is terrible, the story is cookie cutter, and the characters are just walking tropes. The only good part is the fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom