• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

It feels off because it's not good. The production quality is terrible, the story is cookie cutter, and the characters are just walking tropes. The only good part is the fighting.

If it had a higher production value it could have been really good. But at the current moment it feels so, uncanny valley. Then again, I only seen two episodes and I usually at least try to finish the first arc of something before I judge it.

Damn it, someone I know is really into RWBY, but I just can't. Something feels off about, the second episode killed it for me. Though I just might bite the bullet and look at the next two.

I have a friend who likes it that has a friend that got one of their characters in and I'm just like "Ssssssss ah yeah, yup that's cool man." I used to see gifs of that scythe gun girl beating shit and thought it looked cool, but then I saw them moving and I was like "was this made in MMD?"

Damn it, someone I know is really into RWBY, but I just can't. Something feels off about, the second episode killed it for me. Though I just might bite the bullet and look at the next two.

If it's the second episode, your not alone. Monty's work is impressive only on the action scenes. A lot of the character interactions seem really distant and a bit unnatural to me. I can't really see all of the characters connecting and doesn't seem enjoyable.

I have a friend who likes it that has a friend that got one of their characters in and I'm just like "Ssssssss ah yeah, yup that's cool man." I used to see gifs of that scythe gun girl beating shit and thought it looked cool, but then I saw them moving and I was like "was this made in MMD?"

Dear god your right. This looks on par with MMD with the non action scenes.

If it had a higher production value it could have been really good. But at the current moment it feels so, uncanny valley. Then again, I only seen two episodes and I usually at least try to finish the first arc of something before I judge it.

I watched up until their first exam thingy and the quality is the same as the first few episodes. So, I dropped it. I wish Monty would continue Dead Fantasy.

360pages

I really wish they got their own framework or something. Reviewing it as an internet show with cool moment it passes. But if I were reviewing it as animation it fails super hard, I know it's their budget, but there must have been some kind of work around.

Are you actually reading the backlog or did you just CTRL F your name? Also,

Neither, what do you take me for?
I searched for Akumetsu!

Also,
dMyFJYw.jpg

IT IS FINISHED! MY ARMORED CORE LET'S PLAY ON SOMETHING AWFUL IS FINISHED!!

Glad that is no longer lingering in the back of my mind. Just gonna let it sit for a while before getting it sent to the lparchive.

Zenfalcia

Pat is killing me in Rule of rose.
He didn't grab the biscuit tin when he said he was going to look for some biscuits. I'm literally face palming so hard and screaming at my screen.

I almost beat Artorias on my first try you guys, I was so goddamn close and then I fucking estus'd at the wrong goddamn time.

FUCK.
Look on the bright side, at least you get to fight him again, as that's a boss fight you should fucking savor.

I wouldn't mind just getting to fight against Artorias indefinitely. Kinda like how I use the DMC4 Debug patch to make Credo Angelo invincible so the fight wouldn't end ('cause that fight is the best in the entire game).

For when I get my Playstation TV in December

Persona 4 Golden (duh)
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Muramasa: Rebirth
Tales of Hearts R

Seems reasonable

Well if you're asking everyone in general, I'd take Persona 4 Golden off the list and put something else. But if you like p4, I guess its worth it for the new changes I guess.

I know this is a broad topic and pretty tangential, but is the Simpsons just a product of it's time? I'm a Liam, so I didn't grow up with the show, but I watched 8 or 9 highly acclaimed episodes and just, didn't really see the appeal.

It's way fucking better than Family Guy, but I chuckled once or twice an episode, max.

What about Marge, Lisa and Santa's Little Helper? Who are they supposed to be?

Lisa is a AoT character I believe.

Zoro's so fuckin' cool. He should be a guest character in Soul Calibur or some shit.

I liked him a lot better when he was the straight man of the team. The bad with directions guy shtick is too dumb.
Also, before his sword started shooting kamehameha waves, back when he had to actually fight guys.

Lisa is a AoT character I believe.

I liked him a lot better when he was the straight man of the team. The bad with directions guy shtick is too dumb.
Also, before his sword started shooting kamehameha waves, back when he had to actually fight guys.

Does Zoro
still actually fight people? When I tuned out of One Piece after that horrible horrible Fishman Island arc, he just swung his sword once and killed that octopus guy I think.

I know this is a broad topic and pretty tangential, but is the Simpsons just a product of it's time? I'm a Liam, so I didn't grow up with the show, but I watched 8 or 9 highly acclaimed episodes and just, didn't really see the appeal.

It's way fucking better than Family Guy, but I chuckled once or twice an episode, max.
I honestly don't know, I am only 20 but I started watching the show way before I should have and grew up with it. I can go back to the first 10 seasons and watch almost any episode and legitimately enjoy them. I think it may have something to do with the environment in which you were raised or when you started watching the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom