• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOOOOOY
LegendofZeldaWindWaker-Link.png

croten

About the Rule of Rose playthrough: I'm pretty sure the main character is just remembering all this childhood bullying stuff, so it makes sense that she seems older/taller than them, because she's just inserting her current self image into it. It seems fairly obvious almost nothing of the current scenario is actually "really" happening, I'm assuming it's all just some sort of fever dream/hallucination/ghost magic mixed in with her memories.

I watched about half of Cryotic's LP of the game and that's pretty much what it seems to be. Unfortunately they had no chance of finishing this game in 7 day's which is a pity because I really want to see where this goes

Watched the last 3 Rule of Rose videos back to back early this morning.

What even is this game and why is
there a rat on a stick being pushed onto peoples faces?

I really want the guys to finish this one, just so I can know what happens in the end.

I also hate the idea of making Jennifer so helpless to these evil children. The combat could've benefitted from being closer to SH, hit boxes and all. Even putting in a pocket flashlight for added measure.

Watched the last 3 Rule of Rose videos back to back early this morning.

What even is this game and why is
there a rat on a stick being pushed onto peoples faces?

I really want the guys to finish this one, just so I can know what happens in the end.

I also hate the idea of making Jennifer so helpless to these evil children. The combat could've benefitted from being closer to SH, hit boxes and all. Even putting in a pocket flashlight for added measure.

But then it would just be Silent Hill and... well... I see your point. But really tho, the rat on the stick was so weird. It didn't even do anything. Like, did it just give her the plague or something? Idk.Spoopy.

Emouse

Yo, morning, gotta a couple days off

What ya'll think of The evil within, I have been hearing mixed shit.

Was pretty good from my experience, the story is all over the place but it's kind of supposed to be, gameplay is solid, though slow probably due to 30FPS which didn't bother me at all, did hard crash on me during a cutscene tho

Didn't really enjoy the characters, no one has anythig interesting to say or barely any questions dispite everyone being detectives, enemy design is great IMO, love the guy with a safe for a face and all this barbed wire shit

only real annoyances are the black bars, which I was used to but not soon enough.

Also end boss is crap and the ending is ambiguous no answers and open ended, 7/10

i'm bad at reviews and options I apologise

Alright, people will be gone in an hour. I'll have roughly 6 hours before I start hanging out with some people, somebody give me an anime to marathon that entire time.

croten

But then it would just be Silent Hill and... well... I see your point. But really tho, the rat on the stick was so weird. It didn't even do anything. Like, did it just give her the plague or something? Idk.Spoopy.

I don't about either. I just assume it's some weird 1930s English thing
Alright, people will be gone in an hour. I'll have roughly 6 hours before I start hanging out with some people, somebody give me an anime to marathon that entire time.

Cowboy Bebop

I don't understand how that's supposed to be creepy though. It's weird shit, but creepy? The children aren't deformed or anything. They're just vicious, elitist children.

I've already began to accept that Jennifer isn't mentally any older than a child, which is why she takes all of this bad shit, but poor combat too?

She's physically taller and probably stronger than most of those children!

The atmosphere in the game is really unsettling though. 10/10 for that.

DBZ

;)

I meant Kai

I don't understand how that's supposed to be creepy though. It's weird shit, but creepy? The children aren't deformed or anything. They're just vicious, elitist children.

I've already began to accept that Jennifer isn't mentally any older than a child, which is why she takes all of this bad shit, but poor combat too?

The atmosphere in the game is really unsettling though. 10/10 for that.

DBZ

;)

I meant Kai

I guess dainty little 1930's women don't know how to THROW DOWN SON! And I guess that most people would have more trouble stabbing little children with a fork than your average friender, even when they murder old ladies with brooms.

Then again, I guess part of it could be explained as shock. That she's just in such a daze that the whole situation doesn't really seem strange anymore.

The atmosphere in the game is really unsettling though. 10/10 for that.]

About the Rule of Rose playthrough: I'm pretty sure the main character is just remembering all this childhood bullying stuff, so it makes sense that she seems older/taller than them, because she's just inserting her current self image into it. It seems fairly obvious almost nothing of the current scenario is actually "really" happening, I'm assuming it's all just some sort of fever dream/hallucination/ghost magic mixed in with her memories.
This is basically what I think is going on. While it's not nearly as unsettling as it should or could be, I find it is decently unsettling imagining it from the perspective of bullying by the children.

Emouse

The only thing I've seen of Cowboy Bebop was the movie. I don't know why I watched it, but isn't that like, right before the end of the series?

Some people say its at the end, or after the end, some say it's in they middle at some point, doesn't really matter it's still good it just feels like s longer episode the only thing that's off is some of the music but that's about it

Some people say its at the end, or after the end, some say it's in they middle at some point, doesn't really matter it's still good it just feels like s longer episode the only thing that's off is some of the music but that's about it

Wait, doesn't Spike die at the end? How could it be after the series?

I guess dainty little 1930's women don't know how to THROW DOWN SON! And I guess that most people would have more trouble stabbing little children with a fork than your average friender, even when they murder old ladies with brooms.

Then again, I guess part of it could be explained as shock. That she's just in such a daze that the whole situation doesn't really seem strange anymore.

This is basically what I think is going on. While it's not nearly as unsettling as it should or could be, I find it is decently unsettling imagining it from the perspective of bullying by the children.

You both have sounds theories, based on the game thus far, but I guess if I knew I could discern between a fever dream or real life, I'd do more crazy over the top stuff. The game throws these demon children at you too, so I'm inclined to believe the fever dream vs real life theory.

I also would not have as hard a time defending myself from children if I knew that they had every intention of killing me.

Shilled so hard motherfuckers try to fine me.

HAH!

croten

You both have sounds theories, based on the game thus far, but I guess if I knew I could discern between a fever dream or real life, I'd do more crazy over the top stuff. The game throws these demon children at you too, so I'm inclined to believe the fever dream vs real life theory.

I also would not have as hard a time defending myself from children if I knew that they had every intention of killing me.

I'm not sure if any of it is physically happening. Which is why I think she isn't defending herself from the children. I think it might explain why she acts this late into the game, which is a shame as they aren't going to finish it in 2 days

Guess what, motherfuckers?

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! Turning 21!

Gonna be treating myself to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory once my morning classes are done.

HI LIAM!
Happy Birthday Dood.

I'm not sure if any of it is physically happening. Which is why I think she isn't defending herself from the children. I think it might explain why she acts this late into the game, which is a shame as they aren't going to finish it in 2 days

Im disappointed they aren't going to play the full game. All three of these short LPs were all interesting games, and I'm disappointed I haven't heard of any of them sooner. It must suck developing and publishing games that are decent, but most gamers haven't heard of.

I Beated the First ZOE. I feel Disappointed, I mean the gameplay is fun but the story is so short and kinda meh it ruins the experience. I swear to god the Main Protagonist says "What?" like 50 times in this fucking game.. and it drives me bananas. Good Game.. Real Shitty Story. Idk what to expect from the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom