• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way they're stylized I don't really think Vesperia looks considerably better. And I prefer the combat, dungeon and puzzle design in Symphonia way more.

Granted I don't think either game has ground breaking combat, with both being complete garbage compared to Graces F. But I'll disagree that anything about Symphonia except for maybe its story being better than anything about Vesperia.

Granted I don't think either game has ground breaking combat, its complete garbage compared to Graces F. But I'll disagree that anything about Symphonia except for maybe its story being better than anything about Vesperia.

God, Graces F, why is everything about you but your combat so unlikable?

And I disagree heartily, but I am fully willing to admit that my personal experience with Symphonia is what makes me remember it so fondly. Although, the soundtrack is way better and no nostalgia is influencing that.

I once had to write a short story for my english class. Long story short I attached an apology letter to it when I handed it in.

MKnvYnV.gif

Do you write everything even if it's kinda messy then change it later? Or do you change it as you go and only write through once?

I write a rough outline, then just write through it, making up the details as I go and not worrying about grammar and shit, making notes about story or character detail changes as I go to go back and edit later, then once it's all written, I edit it, then will usually either rewrite the whole thing and edit again or just rewrite certain parts all together.

God, Graces F, why is everything about you but your combat so unlikable?

And I disagree heartily, but I am fully willing to admit that my personal experience with Symphonia is what makes me remember it so fondly. Although, the soundtrack is way better and no nostalgia is influencing that.

Not a big fan of the OST in any Tales games, except for the one standout one that each Tales game usually has. Like Vesperia's Fury Sparks, Abyss's Meaning of Birth, etc.

My favorite is Abyss, but I'm also willing to admit a lot of that is nostalgia and other Tales games in general have done things far better than Abyss, but it's still my first.

360pages

Well at least we're past that now.

Do you write everything even if it's kinda messy then change it later? Or do you change it as you go and only write through once?

Sometimes I just write it, even if it's a bit messy and change it later. If I try to make it perfect my first time though, nothing I write would probably see the light of day.

360pages

Not a big fan of the OST in any Tales games, except for the one standout one that each Tales game usually has. Like Vesperia's Fury Sparks, Abyss's Meaning of Birth, etc.

My favorite is Abyss, but I'm also willing to admit a lot of that is nostalgia and other Tales games in general have done things far better than Abyss, but it's still my first.

Tales of the Abyss Cast ruined it for me, maybe the other Tales of Cast could be a little stock. But Abyss cast is flat out unlikable most of the time. Not just Luke, but almost everyone.

Tales of the Abyss Cast ruined it for me, maybe the other Tales of Cast could be a little stock. But Abyss cast is flat out unlikable most of the time. Not just Luke, but almost everyone.

I know that, still doesn't hurt the nostalgia of it though. Guy is a total bro though.

I write a rough outline, then just write through it, making up the details as I go and not worrying about grammar and shit, making notes about story or character detail changes as I go to go back and edit later, then once it's all written, I edit it, then will usually either rewrite the whole thing and edit again or just rewrite certain parts all together.

Sometimes I just write it, even if it's a bit messy and change it later. If I try to make it perfect my first time though, nothing I write would probably see the light of day.

I change things post completion. The first draft is just that, the first draft.

Yeah see that's the right way to do it, and because it's so much work I used to always do the once through thing instead. That was frustrating and not pretty at all. Maybe I should post some stuff I did years ago up later and we can all laugh at past me.

Squishy3

Guy and Natalia are actually the two characters I like. Let that be a note, the spoiled princess character is actually likeable compared to the rest of the cast. I'm not sure if that a good thing for her or a bad thing for the rest of them.
Guy is JYB so he's automatically likable. He can voice a complete piece of shit (and he did!) and he'd still make that character likable.

Zenfalcia

I wish I didn't sell tales of vesperia, I want to finish it. Maybe sometime in the future i'll buy it and
never
play it.

Gameinformer arrives, 2 page spread Bayonetta 2 ad on the first page. Nintendo shelling out that money.

I've been trying to find the gif where vince is reacting to bayo 2 and the 10 Metacritic score for too long. If anyone has it, please post it.

Squishy3

I wish I didn't sell tales of vesperia, I want to finish it. Maybe sometime in the future i'll buy it and
never
play it.

I've been trying to find the gif where vince is reacting to bayo 2 and the 10 Metacritic score for too long. If anyone has it, please post it.
SickChubbyBilby.gif

360pages

Jade tends to be people's favorite character, but honestly I can't stand him. He is the jackass character done completely wrong. It's only so much sarcasm can do for you.

Jade tends to be people's favorite character, but honestly I can't stand him. He is the jackass character done completely wrong. It's only so much sarcasm can do for you.

Jade felt to me like my voice. I was so sick of everyone's shit and he was the only one pointing out how shitty everyone was and he was doing it with style and a smile.

360pages

Jade felt to me like my voice. I was so sick of everyone's shit and he was the only one pointing out how shitty everyone was and he was doing it with style and a smile.

The problem with that is that he doesn't realize how shit he can be. Considering a lot of events could have been avoided if he just spoke up sooner, especially one particular event that he was to blame for just as much as Luke for. But he instead acts like a 13 year old girl trying to give him the silent treatment.

Squishy3

I like to think Obama was the decision maker that stopped us from getting the special edition.
Obama was offended by the gall the Polish prime minister had to give him the Collector's Edition of The Witcher 2, and so, Obama said any CE from Europe shall never make its way over to the United States again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom