• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Yeah. But In the end, he's just a shit. Just like everyone else.
Except Guy.

I like Natalia, but outside of her most of them were super annoying. Especially Jade, he is supposed to be the most mature member of the group. But yet acted like a brat when Luke came back. Despite everything that happened being his fault.

I just really don't think the format works too well in such a thing. It was interesting, but overall something felt off about the cases. Like they took the rejected cases from Phoenix wright, the ones that weren't interesting enough to fill a whole chapter and placed them there.

It was most likely due to the school setting, but I like the characters of Danganronpa far more then the story.

If the artist/ creators made an RPG I would play it in a minute.

Its exactly how I feel about the game, and why I just can't motivate myself to finish it even though I finished chapter 5. I just can't believe it will get any better when the chapters themselves fluctuate in quality from shit to meh (only because of the characters) the entire game.

Seriously, if the characters weren't as good as they are and the art wasn't as pretty as it is, this probably would've been one of the worst games I've ever played. You just can't have a VN with a weak story, especially when the story is the most important part of a mystery thriller and there's very little gameplay.

360pages

Its exactly how I feel about the game, and why I just can't motivate myself to finish it even though I finished chapter 5. I just can't believe it will get any better when the chapters themselves fluctuate in quality from shit to meh (only because of the characters) the entire game.

Seriously, if the characters weren't as good as they are and the art wasn't as pretty as it is, this probably would've been one of the worst games I've ever played. You just can't have a VN with a weak story, especially when the story is the most important part of a mystery thriller and there's very little gameplay.

Hmm, if you still have it. I'd say finish it up, I can't say it's a great game, but the ending is...interesting and so is the culprit. Though you probably have a pretty good idea who it is...

That being said, we need more urban RPG's as a whole. Outside of the persona series there isn't a lot.

Am I the only one not watching Guacamelee?
I am marathoning it when I have downtime, but watching more of Ippo has priority over it now.

Aside from having just played the game, it's just not a very exciting game to watch people play. Combat goes roughly the same way and there are a lot of enemies combined with a lot of running around. It's just not a great LP game in my opinion.
These are all valid complaints, but it's gotten a lot better now that Woolie basically knows how to play. That first episode was.. Woof.

Loco4Coco

- I have no mouth and I must scream
- Dark Souls 2
- Some of the Matt & Woolie LP's maybe? Actually haven't seen any of those.

Pat probably has the best track record though.

You should check out the Metroid Fusion and Donkey Kong Country LPs. They're considered bad but I really like them both.

Duplolas

Banned
image.php

Just saying. Gravity Falls is amazing, and I respect your avatar deeply.

Hmm, if you still have it. I'd say finish it up, I can't say it's a great game, but the ending is...interesting and so is the culprit. Though you probably have a pretty good idea who it is...

That being said, we need more urban RPG's as a whole. Outside of the persona series there isn't a lot.

It's way too late for that. Tried to finish it before October and I just couldn't do it. Way too many amazing games coming out between now and next march (or whenever PP comes out) for me to even think about DanganRonpa. I just can't convince myself to play DR when I have evil within, Korra, Bayo, persona 2, etc all on the backlog

Probably the only LP he's in that I didn't like, but I'm apparently in the minority.

I didn't watch it because watching someone else play that game didn't sound fun directly after playing it myself, and now I don't ever really want to see the game again, so I'm definitely not watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom