• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Golden Chie is worse than literal shit on the street.

W6CVg9q.jpg

Rutti

I remember being angry when playing vanilla P4 that Chie's voice actor was changed but when I played P4A story I didn't notice the change until the very end so I guess I'm not good with these kind of things.

Zenfalcia

Everyone knows original is better!
heh. But seriously, I haven't played enough P4 or arena to notice the difference in their voices. I can't really say anything.

Jman014

Guys 23 hours until the week of Platinum officially begins.
Finally.
Obama was offended by the gall the Polish prime minister had to give him the Collector's Edition of The Witcher 2, and so, Obama said any CE from Europe shall never make its way over to the United States again.
We all love Witcher 2.
I plan to play the Korra game and then watch the new Korra episode on friday. No Wii U.

All good.

Xiraiya

So I've been messing with DSII, these are one of the really annoying issues I don't understand about the game, the Player model having no lighting at all... or I guess having too much lighting.

The way I changed this isn't permanent, it was more of a test to understand how the game does character lighting, since NPCs and Enemies look just fine but the player character always looks so out of place (Except for the gear they wear, oddly enough)

So to put numbers to this.

NPC/Enemy Model brightness

Player Model Brightness

It's nearly 10 times higher, it's really weird.

So a way to eventually permanently mod stuff like that without needing to run a program everytime you boot the game, would be really good.

Everyone knows original is better!
heh. But seriously, I haven't played enough P4 or arena to notice the difference in their voices. I can't really say anything.

The difference is night and day. How can you not tell the difference?

I definitely heart the difference, but I wanted to check out golden a bit as well. I remember Arena and she was fine there, though I didn't play against her too much. I've seen a vid comparing the two in regards to golden however and...I don't know, neither of them sound ideal. Old Chie could be better and I remember some really terrible lines, but the new Chie seems to really overdo it at times.

Golden Chie and Original Chie are on the same level. Arena/Ultimax Chie is better than orignal chie.

360pages

Old Chie sounds way too old, doesn't actually sound like a teenager at all.

It's like Ciel from Tskihime, they expect us to believe she could pass off as a high school senior, despite the fact that she looks like she's in her early twenties.

Gamer Y

360pages

Everyone except Guy is a piece of fucking shit. That includes Jade, that includes Luke, that certainly includes Anise. I fucking despise everyone in that game and I was sincerely hoping that the "bad guys" would just win by killing off the entire cast and end the game. God fucking damn it. Jade was fine at first when all he was, was a condescending, secretive dickhole. He went on my shitlist once it appeared that this was all there was to him and he was almost just as useless and passive as everyone else.

I can't think of too many games where I literally despised the entire main cast of a game this much. Maybe FF13.

They wanted to give the cast a sense of maturity, they all had their secrets and they weren't willing to tell people they just met. Though by the end they just came off as jerks.

I haven't listened to any of her voices for long periods of time yet.

You don't need to. Assuming you've listened to both than you should easily be able to tell the difference. They're completely different.

Yeah, I guess. I could agree with that.

In an unrelated note, Kanji's new voice actor, while not nearly as good as Troy Baker, is pretty decent actually. However, it does make the difference in quality a bit more obvious when the game uses old sound files for its combat moves, while having new voice acting for story sections.
Naoto's VA changed too, right?

Yeah, Mercer does a decent job. I would have preferred Troy, but oh well. We don't really know who did Naoto's og voice, but they are different.

Agent York

Neo Member
My Ippo adventure begins now. With a grueling flood of 70+ episodes for the first season alone, will Agent York survive?

I feel that neither of Chie's voices are a perfect fit. Original doesn't sound like a young girl, but while I feel that while Fitzgerald's voice actually sounds like a person her age, the tone and pitch do not fit the character AT ALL. Whenever Golden Chie speaks I imagine an energetic nerdy girl, not the meat loving tomboy that she is.

I just got back from class and discovered that my apartment complex has completely deconstructed my bathroom. They did not give me 48hrs notice. They did not email me or leave a note on my door. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

I know that my rights as a renter have been violated. Should I call a lawyer? Should I go the front desk and throw a tantrum?

I am fucking angry

I just got back from class and discovered that my apartment complex has completely deconstructed my bathroom. They did not give me 48hrs notice. They did not email me or leave a note on my. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

I know that my rights as a renter have been violated. Should I call a lawyer? Should I go the front desk and throw a tantrum?

I am fucking angry

Sucks. If you throw enough of a fit you might get a month of free rent. I was able to do that occasionally because of my apartment building being horrible managed.

360pages

Am I the only one that thinks that Dangan Ronpa would have been better as an urban RPG like the world ends with you, rather than a murder mystery.

Mostly due to a lot of the cases in the first game being rather weak, but the characters were really good. The only decent case was the queen of liars.

Am I the only one that thinks that Dangan Ronpa would have been better as an urban RPG like the world ends with you, rather than a murder mystery.

Mostly due to a lot of the cases in the first game being rather weak, but the characters were really good. The only decent case was the queen of liars.

You're the only one.

I 10000% agree with this. Danganronpa had horrendously weak writing as a plot twist filled murder mystery but wrote pretty good characters. Those minigames in the courts can also fuck off.

It definitely would've worked much better as a TWEWY styled game. While it wouldn't have been anywehre as good as TWEWY, mostly because the writing for TWEWY's story is actually pretty good, it could've actually been a decent vita game.

360pages

I know, but there's a certain balance to be found in regards to, well, everything. The entire game was filled with these "Wait, but there is -- Nevermind" moments, even when certain details could just have easily been disclosed and be beneficial. But everyone would rather keep it to themselves until it's too late, repeatedly while never learning from past mistakes. After the billionth time, it really starts to get on the nerves. Again, balance. It's the same as Luke being an asshole at first for certain immediately established reasons, but then they take this concept to its extreme for hours on end, even though it has no more narrative function, and they don't bother doing anything else with the character until a certain point (at which point they just
do a 180.
)

Luke could have been an amazing character, remove the whole event that made him change or at least alter it so everyone took part of the blame and have him change slowly. It doesn't help that long haired Luke was far more interesting as a main character then short haired Luke.

Also, I love how all the characters say he should have more self-confidence despite the fact that they completely and utterly tore it down to begin with.

UBI NO!
I wish her good luck on her ventures.
She'll maybe end up at Naughty Dog to help the secretary that's working on Uncharted 4. :p

She was one of the few of the female producers we need to see in future video game projects :( I hope she doesn't leave the business.

I just got back from class and discovered that my apartment complex has completely deconstructed my bathroom. They did not give me 48hrs notice. They did not email me or leave a note on my. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

I am fucking angry

IANAL, nor am I an accredited agent in your state/jurisdiction, but check to make sure that your neighbors did/did not receive notices of any construction work, just so you have people to back you up in case you need to sue your LL. Otherwise, check your lease and make sure there isn't any vague wording regarding water damage or anything like that. No LL would go into a tenant apt bathroom unless there's reason to believe your apartment is producing water damage and affecting the apartment below you, or you're being affected by the apartment above you.

Photograph and document the damage and talk to a RE lawyer if your lease has been violated.

360pages

I 10000% agree with this. Danganronpa had horrendously weak writing as a plot twist filled murder mystery but wrote pretty good characters. Those minigames in the courts can also fuck off.

It definitely would've worked much better as a TWEWY styled game.

I just really don't think the format works too well in such a thing. It was interesting, but overall something felt off about the cases. Like they took the rejected cases from Phoenix wright, the ones that weren't interesting enough to fill a whole chapter and placed them there.

It was most likely due to the school setting, but I like the characters of Danganronpa far more then the story.

If the artist/ creators made an RPG I would play it in a minute.

Am I the only one not watching Guacamelee?

I've been an episode or 2 behind. The accent kind of bothers me =/

I mean, I should be a little more tough skinned about it, but the accent coming out every now and then sounds... tacky.

Otherwise, I loved the realization Liam had about Tostitos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom